Episodes or Episode packs?

Would you rather have episodes released individually or in episode packs? I was curious as to what answer I would get out of the community and I'm doing this to celebrate the incoming release of episode 3 of TFTBL

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

Oh wait I get the question now, I love to get them individually.

• Yeah, in need to teach you about "Incoming", because our definitions are different.

Individually.

• Episodes individually.

• While the wait times can be a bit annoying at times (but that's mainly a result of people who complain about it, that's the only annoying part), I don't mind individual releases. I think, by releasing them individually, it makes players more hyped for the next episode and gives fans an opportunity to discuss about what happened and predict what's going to happen next.

• edited May 2015

By "incoming" I mean soon to come. I wasn't insinuating that the episode's release is approaching rapidly.

Yeah, in need to teach you about "Incoming", because our definitions are different. Individually.

• A part of me says 'Full Pack' and the other part of me says 'Individually'. There are pros and cons of each, but if I had to chose, I would choose individually

• I played TWAU and both seasons of TWD all in one go, and while I enjoyed every second of them I've personally noticed a huge difference in the way I thought about them as opposed to TFTBL.

The wait between Tales episodes makes me think a lot more deeply about where the story's going as well as the implications of my choices, whereas playing it all in one go I kind of just go with the flow and let the narrative steer me without much thought/speculation. It also encourages me to re-play episodes, and come up with my 'perfect' canon choices going forward. I've replayed both episodes of Tales multiple times, but have only played TWAU and TWD 1 & 2 once. I think it's because replaying the entire series feels really daunting, whereas just one episode can be done fairly quickly (even thought the timing works out pretty much the same if I play each episode multiple times)!

And of course, with individual eps that means I get to spend the waiting time slowly losing my mind on this forum with all you crazy kids!

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.