Why do we never get updates?

2»

Comments

• Is it? People complain when they use the word soon instead of giving exact dates.

Piggs posted: »

Yes. It's better than dead silence.

• edited June 2015

People complain more when they say next to nothing for 3 months, as you can see here. If they most they can say is "soon", then at least give us that.

KCohere posted: »

Is it? People complain when they use the word soon instead of giving exact dates.

• Just imagine you're S.E.T.I. listening to deep space with a powerful radio dish and hoping to pick up something. Where is our alien signal Teltatles?

Poogers555 posted: »

Yes waiting is annoying and it seems Tales has the longest waits between episodes. Its not so much waiting that bothers me, its more or less radio silence from Telltale.

• True. For all we know the staff working on borderlands has been in a catastrophic accident and is now part of the walking dead cast. ... get it? GET EET? ... good

People complain more when they say next to nothing for 3 months, as you can see here. If they most they can say is "soon", then at least give us that.

• edited June 2015

Well the company is called Telltale for a reason.

They tell tales about their episodes only being 4-6 weeks apart so they can trick us all into buying the season pass.

Why do you want them to talk more? They'll just continue to tell more tales about how they're going to have it out by next week.

• I might usually agree with the whole "A delayed game will eventually be good" thing (Even though Duke Nukem Forever and Too Human have both proved that this philosophy can to be extremely incorrect), but chapter one came out in November last year. Here we are, six and a half months later and we've had one new chapter released. Do we really want to be sitting here in 18 months complaining about how chapter 5 is still not out yet?
    Besides, the Game of Thrones game came out around one week after Tales from the Borderlands did, and it's got chapter four out already.

Green613 posted: »

We've had this thread 3 million times and the answer remains the same. We don't know. Honestly I disagree with most of the wait complaint

• Probably because you (and me) gave them money already so there's no pressure to finish or even care about it. There is no point in communicating about their apathy when their actions already show it.

For what basically amounts to a puppet show and flash games, one would think they could get it out the door in a month or two, but they have proven they don't give a damn time and time again. I would have never given them my money if I had known I would be treated like this.

• Scared? They're a company with subscribers to their product. How is treating their subscribers like shit a better solution then communicating with them?

In all seriousness, I genuinely believe that we as a forum killed the "soons"/updates. We were very critical of them (albeit, semi-joking

• You bring up some valid points. Telltale is one of my favorite developers right now, but I'm worried about the path they're going down.

Hammerhil posted: »

Probably because you (and me) gave them money already so there's no pressure to finish or even care about it. There is no point in communic

• Alt text

I think it's pretty much sums it up. I guess it's easier to ignore people if you know that you'll be criticized either way. Also, just like it was with ep2 - they're either really almost made it or it'll be another month. And again, they kinda think it's all the same - updates or no updates, people will complain until they tell us the exact release date.

I mean I can understand why they're doing what they're doing,but at the same time it doesn't change the fact it pisses me off.

• edited June 2015

"Shouldn't they be apologizing and trying to find ways to make the wait less excruciating for their dedicated fans?"

No. To be honest, outside of providing you with the next episodes and the release date, Telltale does not owe a damn thing to the fanbase. I personally prefer the " we will tell you when the game is actually finished instead of telling you its coming soon when in actuality it will take another 6 -11 weeks to get the episode finished." I prefer this minimal almost silent approach of communication.

• To be honest, outside of providing you with the next episodes and the release date, Telltale does not owe a damn thing to the fanbase

That's some quality customer service. But uh, yeah. I'll just disagree with you there.

"Shouldn't they be apologizing and trying to find ways to make the wait less excruciating for their dedicated fans?" No. To be honest, ou

• That's some quality customer service.

It is. There is no golden rule that states how a developer should and often communicate with their fans. Especially when the developers could be spending more time on polishing the game rather than making updates which most of the time are meaningless to the fans.

To be honest, outside of providing you with the next episodes and the release date, Telltale does not owe a damn thing to the fanbase That's some quality customer service. But uh, yeah. I'll just disagree with you there.

• And people wonder why they dont want to post here when we get comments like this that are contemptuous and dismissive of what they do.

Probably because you (and me) gave them money already so there's no pressure to finish or even care about it. There is no point in communic

• edited June 2015

Meaningless or not, we'd appreciate them just saying "We hear you!" once or twice. We're not asking them to say "Oh, yeah, the episode will be out sometime soon!" we just want to know that they're listening. Like with Episode 2, when they came and posted on this forum about how they know it's taking longer than usual-- that really helped boost the fans moods. It just sucks that one of my favorite Telltale Games is slow with release, I guess.

That's some quality customer service. It is. There is no golden rule that states how a developer should and often communicate with t

• They could start giving a damn anytime they want, but it seems to be rather low on the priority list. As far as I am concerned, if they don't want criticism of their lack of work they could get their collective asses in gear and get it done.

KCohere posted: »

And people wonder why they dont want to post here when we get comments like this that are contemptuous and dismissive of what they do.

• Hue hue hue hue hue hue hue

They could start giving a damn anytime they want, but it seems to be rather low on the priority list. As far as I am concerned, if they don't want criticism of their lack of work they could get their collective asses in gear and get it done.

• Running games are delayed without news for ages and Telltale starts developing another game. This is the last time I buy a season pass.

• You really don't understand how TellTale works, do you? I'm tired of explaining that they have separate teams working on their games so one doesn't affect the other. So, so tired of it.

sharpd posted: »

Running games are delayed without news for ages and Telltale starts developing another game. This is the last time I buy a season pass.

• I understand perfectly. The Tales of the Borderlands team is understaffed.

They could have brought people who are working on a future unannounced game onboard to give a hand or they could have hired new recruits ( I know people don't just jump into new projects but still Episode 2 was way late as well ). Apparently they've done none of that.

Look I love Tell Tale games and when I had a season pass on Sam&Max3 and Monkey Island; Some episodes took more time to be delivered but nothing of that magnitude.

The new games are more complicated to develop for sure and the quality is there. ( they're great ) and maybe we're been spoiled before with 1 episode every 4-6 weeks. This is not possible anymore so communication is a must really.

You really don't understand how TellTale works, do you? I'm tired of explaining that they have separate teams working on their games so one doesn't affect the other. So, so tired of it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.