Forum avatar?

edited November 2010 in Site Support
I tried setting one a couple of days ago, but it doesn't seem to have come up next to my posts. I know it's not to do with postcount as people with lower than me have theirs on.
Is it just hiding the icon from me? I'm not entirely sure what's going on with it.

EDIT:

..Oh.
That would be it.
Okay, disregard this post, I only just realised that there was an "avatar" box on the CP *as well as* the "Profile Picture" one, which I used. Whoops!

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I desperately tried to find a thread in here addressing my issue... but found only this. :D

Are there any plans to update this forum with the option to de-animate user avatars? I really want the pictures to be displayed, as they help to distinguish the posters a lot; and I don't want the poster's creativity to be taken away (I really don't want the actual user's option to use an animated avatar to vanish). But I'm getting ennerved by all those waving, blinking, flashing, ticking, running GIFs.

Any chance? :D
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    But I'm getting ennerved by all those waving, blinking, flashing, ticking, running GIFs.

Any chance? :D

If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer you can just press the ESC Key to stop animations in the currently loaded document.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Although the forum option would be greatly appreciated, I didn't know THAT. It helps, thank you! ;)
This discussion has been closed.