Better than GOT?

Comments

• Noooooo! I meant that GOT is the (imo) worst game (still enjoyable) contained within this generation of their games.

Kenny4ever posted: »

R u sayin twd s1 is your over all least favourite game?

• You had me worried there for a second:D

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Noooooo! I meant that GOT is the (imo) worst game (still enjoyable) contained within this generation of their games.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Quick! Start running before the shrapnel begins to fly!

Icewolf2002 posted: »

F*ck, I've started a war

• I think the thread I made in the sub- forum should be the center for the topic. Less bias in there :D

And you have a poll, polls make everything better (aside from the geographical location on that thing).

kaza125 posted: »

I think the thread I made in the sub- forum should be the center for the topic. Less bias in there

• F*ck, I've started a war

Redoxide posted: »

As someone that has never read/watched/played anything GoT related I can say that Tales looks a lot better from what I've seen and I find myself actually starting to hate GoT as an entity because of the larger focus it gets over tales.

• edited June 2015

Sticks and stones.

Apples and oranges.

• edited June 2015

I guess GoT over all. I really enjoy Tales, but I feel like I'd be just as happy watching someone else play. It's the characters and lighthearted story that get me and for some reason the choices I make feel much more pointless and secondary than in any other Telltale game I've played.

But GoT, I have to play for myself. There's just so much drama and tension and even if it never amounts to anything, I'm always on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode to see what happens. Tales lacks that drama, so I find waiting for it much easier and I'm not immediately jonesing to get my hands on the game and see what happens next.

It's hard to compare them, though. The games have two entirely different atmospheres and tones and really it depends on which suits you more in your story and gaming experience.

• my fault, I worded it badly.

Kenny4ever posted: »

You had me worried there for a second:D

• I really love GoT. It's def my favourite Telltale game next to TWD S1. Tales is really good too, however I'm not as invested in it as much as GoT.

• Game of Thrones is intense... It is very good...

But Tales takes the cake... and then shoots it out of a cannon.

• edited June 2015

The overuse of picture and .gif memes by members of this forum gives me cancer.

• Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

almighty posted: »

• I try.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

• [removed]

• aww, now that's not nice. I know your mommy taught you better than that.

• Alt text

aww, now that's not nice. I know your mommy taught you better than that.

• The problem with GOT for me personally is that the writing just isn't as good as the books. This is probably more to do with the medium than anything else as I have the same problems with how horribly disjointed and rushed the tv series feels. With Tales, I have no preconceived notions about the world at all, having never played the games, so it is easier to appreciate it for what it is. I also doubt there is nearly as much lore in the Borderlands games to be constricting the writing of Tales whereas GOT authors are trying to interweave the plot with what is happening in the books/tv show. I have to say that the environmental design of Tales also feels more interesting to me. Overall, while I have enjoyed GOT, Tales has given me new hope that Telltale Games can produce really enjoyable gameplay with dialogue that is fun. I loved TWD1 and, with Tales, I feel certain that I will happily continue Telltale games for years to come.

• Man, I'm uh, I'm sorry.

First of all, I think the original borderlands FPS game is absolute shit. Boring as hell, and the most overrated garbage I've ever played.

• The problem I have GoT is that is limited with the boundaries of the story. Since it's based on the show, it can't have any impact on the overall story (The Iron Throne, War of the FIve Kings, etc), we are limited to a minor house feud, which I'm pretty sure can be solved by Roose walking in and saying Sthap it or I'll flay your butts.
    Walking dead, Tales, Wolf was not limited by it's boundaries, well Wolf was but they did a good job.

The problem with GOT for me personally is that the writing just isn't as good as the books. This is probably more to do with the medium tha

• I can't decide which one is better, because they are both so damn awesome. That's how good Telltale are at what they do.

• edited June 2015

TftB is limited as well to a degree. They are working on Borderlands 3 so whatever happens in Tales can´t contradict what is gonna happen there, especially when it comes to Jack.

kaza125 posted: »

The problem I have GoT is that is limited with the boundaries of the story. Since it's based on the show, it can't have any impact on the ov

• I actually don't see that as a limitation, but rather as creative freedom. Telltale are working hand in hand with Gearbox and have gone into it knowing that it will be canon/will be setting up BL3 - so they are literally writing Pandora's future - they can write whatever they want and BL3 will fit in with them!

I find this particularly reassuring with Anthony leaving and the new writer coming in for BL3, it means that there will be certain foundations in place and you seriously could not find a better group of writers to help assist that transition (especially considering Anthony's still contributing to Tales). Going off the first two eps alone my dream is that Gearbox may have been able to poach one of the Tales writers (sorry TT!) to jump ship for BL3, they've already proven that they can completely nail (and arguably elevate) the tone we've all come to know and love.

Also, considering TT is known for taking fan's thoughts into account we as an audience have an unprecedented amount of influence on BL3's development, which is really cool!

On that note #SaveTimothy

JackMarco posted: »

TftB is limited as well to a degree. They are working on Borderlands 3 so whatever happens in Tales can´t contradict what is gonna happen there, especially when it comes to Jack.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

to be honest, i kind of agree with you. i loved teh rest of the borderlands games (and even their stories) to death, but tales just dosnet cut it for me for mostly the same reasones you mention, and the point of this game is more borderlands story. but at this point its uncomparable to GOH and the wolf amoung us imo

Tfw posts a Tales vs Thrones thread in the Tales section and doesn't expect biased answers. Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is actually m

• Speaking of Anthony I am very concerned about him leaving. BL2 had some of the best written dialogue I´ve ever seen in any Fiction, arguably Tarantino level.

I wonder if an other writer can compete with that.

I love TftB to death but compared to the writing of BL2 Tales is Baby poop.

I actually don't see that as a limitation, but rather as creative freedom. Telltale are working hand in hand with Gearbox and have gone into

• I respect your opinion and it all come down to personal taste. But personally, I find Tales from the Borderland's writing superior to Borderlands 2.

But it is unfair to compare both games, because they are ultimately two different games. While Borderlands 2 is a shooter/RPG game, Tales from the Borderlands is a point and click adventure game.

Speaking of Anthony I am very concerned about him leaving. BL2 had some of the best written dialogue I´ve ever seen in any Fiction, arguably

• by more personality you mean more over the top characteristics? because there is a little bit of that in duncan, royland and asher. TWAU was awesome but i dont really dig the whole "everyone is an idiot" in tales

I gave up on GoT. I couldn´t care less about the Forresters. Every single character in that story could die in the next episode and I wouldn

• edited June 2015

Didn't know my critic would hurt so many feelings, but it's pretty amusing nonetheless.

Piggs posted: »

Man, I'm uh, I'm sorry.

• edited June 2015

The use of this meme makes no sense.

• Game of thrones is way better, because we can actually play more than one episode in a lifetime... But seriously, i love tales.

• Alt text

The use of this meme makes no sense.

I don't think your critic is hurting people's feelings per say, but the tone of it does come out as being a bit hostile, even if that wasn't your intention.

Didn't know my critic would hurt so many feelings, but it's pretty amusing nonetheless.

• Tales ep2 was pathetic but is seems that Tales was made after GoT. The interaction menus and all seem way more updated.

They also seem to finally (yet slowly) moving away from the whole choice thing because we all know it's a load of utter bullcrap. It's less about making a hard decision and more about shaping the story. You can intentionally play Rhys as a comic foil knowing full well the dialogue decisions are incorrect simply for the fun of it.

• Potatoes and onions.

Quiff posted: »

Sticks and stones.

• Game of Thrones FTW! Iron From Ice!

That doesn't mean I don't like Tales... far from it actually...

Rhysha4life

sorry... i had to! ;P

• You cant compare apples and pears, those two games are two different genres and they are both amazing. Good job Telltale.

• edited June 2015
  • I think GoT is better than it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.