Alright did she stand a chance?

Nearly a 2 on 1 fight, do you think Athena really stood a chance against Brick and Mordecai?

A well build Brick and Mordecai (eeeh aside from the bloodwing skills, sad face...) vs a well build Athena do you think she can handle a 2 on 1?

Comments

• Wrath of the Goddess+ Zeus's Rage= roflstomp. In game terms top-level Brick and Mordecai would have been obliterated after within the first minute. Kinda unfair to compare them like that, though, with original borderlands skilltrees being as crap as they are. :p

In lore, it's a closer fight. Brick or Mordecai alone would likely lose but with Mordecai harassing her with sniper shots like she did, dancing around Brick becomes a lot harder.

• Yay~ I'm so glad someone replied to this.

I wanted what people thought about this fight if she COULD have handled herself but just got beat due to....story reasons lol. In terms of Lore wise I'll have to have you're word on that one ^_^'' I own them but I haven't read the Borderlands books. So I wouldn't know how well Brick or Mordecai's fighting styles are in there, Even though during that fight I was like (idk I feel like she could tak them lol.) it was a very fun fight to watch.

(can't wait for the next episode <3)

Wrath of the Goddess+ Zeus's Rage= roflstomp. In game terms top-level Brick and Mordecai would have been obliterated after within the first

• The Vault Hunters of 1, the Hunters of 2, the Merchunters of Pre, Jack, and various other superhighlevel badasses in Borderlands are probably all on pretty much the same level skill-wise.

It's why Athena and Brick proved an even match, but Mordecai joining in completely turned it around. A Vault Hunter versus Vault Hunter is even, two Vault Hunters on one is a curbstomp.

• edited June 2015

Mordecai was being pretty useless (no pet, small distance, missing every other shot), Brik's invul is a pain but Athena can just tank it with her shield and then instagib both of them by throwing it. Lilith says she almost murdered the both of them in that fight (unless she got free while they were carrying her and went for a rematch, which is likely since they looked much more bat up in the TPS intro) so yeah, close call, and they even ambushed her.

tl;dr: lore wise she's OP, game-wise she's insanely OP, a 2v1 would be difficult but due to how useless Mordecai was being, i'd say she stood a chance

thread theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVU4HURKEXs

• No, Athena would have lost. Against one or the other, one on one? Maybe it would have been different if it were just Mordecai, and maaaaybe she could have beaten Brick solo, but she never really stood a chance going against both of them at once.

• That's what I was thinking, Even though I never played as him (Mordecai) I've always enjoyed his character. The sad truth is though...he wasn't at his full potential in his fight. Yes some would say if he was being annoying for her, and yes one good shot would have been a pain for her if it hit.

However I always thought of Athena as a very smart fighter outta the Vault Hunters. Truth be told I half expected her to use Brick's mindless rampage to her advantage, leading him towards Mordecai so he may accidently smash him or something. (Also yeah it totally seems like this is leading to the TPS intro which I find AWESOME~)

Aaira posted: »

Mordecai was being pretty useless (no pet, small distance, missing every other shot), Brik's invul is a pain but Athena can just tank it wit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.