Tales of Monkey Island - Characters just messy polygons.

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    We appreciate the efforts, Will. Let me know if I can provide any further info.
  • edited July 2009
    I am also anxiously awaiting a solution. I'm having the same problems described, using a Sony Vaio 430G with a Sony/Radeon 9200 card in it. Although I'm sure the time to upgrade is nigh, I'd love to be able to play ToMI without tearing my computer apart first. Here's hoping for a fix, and if you need someone to test it, count me in!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I was just wondering, besides the messy polygons, is it at least fast enough in the resolutions and Graphic Levels all of you want to play in?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone of you have the AGP version of the Radeon 9250?
    I read that reducing the AGP speed (2x,4x,8x) could help.
  • edited July 2009
    Also awaiting word as I am postponing buying a new graphics card until a verdict is reached one way or the other.
  • edited July 2009
    I concur. Even though my computers pretty decent (p4 2.8, 1 gig memory) I'm planning on an upgrade....but until then, i'd rather not have to go shell out for a new graphics card to put in this pc.

Good Work Will, cheers for all the help
  • edited July 2009
    I have a toshiba notebook with a Intel GMA 950 and it had some graphics problem at the beach scene at the beginning of the game.
    It was not as big as those related, but some green smoke appear as green squares on the screen.
  • edited July 2009
    Just found this thread. Good to know others are having the same problem. I'll add mine to the mix. Exact same problem using the radeon 9250 and windows XP. If anyone comes up with a solution please let me know.
  • edited July 2009
    By the way, my 9250 is a PCI bought off newegg, the only reason I haven't upgraded? No AGP on this box, and I'm not willing to sink any more $ into it until I have the $1k necessary to build a godbox I won't have to replace any time in the next 10 years
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Jaguar wrote: »
    By the way, my 9250 is a PCI bought off newegg, the only reason I haven't upgraded? No AGP on this box, and I'm not willing to sink any more $ into it until I have the $1k necessary to build a godbox I won't have to replace any time in the next 10 years

It's sad, that following Moore's Law that is unlikely possible at any time.
    And who knows what kind of hardware is required then in order to run the newest Windows properly. Probably something close to the latest while released, as always :D
    End of sarcasm.

Maybe we will have Millipede based and Holographic storage media then.
    The first step towards rectangular high speed hard disks is done already.

And WTH happened to MRAM and Scotch Tape based storage.
    All those promising technologies announced several years ago seem to be Vaporware.
  • edited July 2009
    Hey Jaguar, I'm not so sure about building the 'god box' anymore. I brought a top of the line comp back in 2003 - which still sits in the same specs catergory as most systems today..... the problem is, the technology changes, and they stop supporting certain hardware. IE the Radeon 9200. Maybe if they had updated the drivers post 2006, none of us would be having this problem. :P

I was going to add some upgrades to my comp, I'm now thinking I might as well just buy a new one.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I wish I had one of those cards here. I'd like to go bug hunting.
    I made a request in my Faculties Computer Science Forum. Maybe some collector has one lying around.
  • edited July 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Does anyone of you have the AGP version of the Radeon 9250?
    I read that reducing the AGP speed (2x,4x,8x) could help.

I have the AGP version of Radeon 9200, and I tried to lower the speed to 4x, without any difference with the bug.

/Daniel
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    dvibe wrote: »
    I have the AGP version of Radeon 9200, and I tried to lower the speed to 4x, without any difference with the bug./Daniel

Thanks. I read about that while googeling for known bugs with that Graphics Card. Was worth a try.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks. I read about that while googeling for known bugs with that Graphics Card. Was worth a try.

Indeed .. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Any updates on whether or not this is going to get worked out or if its not happening?
  • edited July 2009
    Ditto here. I'm aching to play it, or at least get a refund :(
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, please keep us updated. I'm thinking of just getting a refund and buying the Wii version instead, but I'd rather hold out for the PC if there's a chance it's gonna get resolved at all.
  • edited July 2009
    How do you get a refund if you want one?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    jmitschell wrote: »
    How do you get a refund if you want one?

You can get a refund by writing to support@telltalegames.com.

Although i guess buying a cheap replacement for the graphics card and being able to play the game is more fun then waiting for a fix or getting a refund.
  • edited July 2009
    Has this issue been resolved yet?
  • edited August 2009
    Although i guess buying a cheap replacement for the graphics card and being able to play the game is more fun then waiting for a fix or getting a refund.

Yes, what fun that is. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009
    Well.
    I would just say to myself "welcome to the club".
    Another Radeon 9200 user, but looking at the whole thread, seems to be more difficult to solve than expected...

Antonio
  • edited August 2009
    With a Radeon 9250 card and XP Pro.

No other game I've played has ever looked like that.

Wondering if there's a fix for it at all?
  • edited August 2009
    yeah ive got the 9250 and have this problem too. that particular chipset has also caused me a lot of trouble for other games too, cod4 in particular.
    2nd ep is out and im wondering if the problem still exists in this one and if its worth downloading atm.
  • edited August 2009
    Will,

It's been over a month now since your last update. May we please have a status on this?

Thanks.
  • edited August 2009
    Great. I'm suffering from the Raedon 9200 glitch as well. (And running XP).

Looks like I'm going to have to play this on my slow as molasses laptop.
  • edited August 2009
    Matrinka wrote: »
    Great. I'm suffering from the Raedon 9200 glitch as well. (And running XP).

Looks like I'm going to have to play this on my slow as molasses laptop.

Same for me here. Doesn't run on my PC so have had to play it on my laptop.
  • edited August 2009
    Is there something happening with this??
  • edited September 2009
    It doesn't appear that Telltale is trying to fix the issue. I'd love to play the game I paid for on my actual computer rather than the laptop that doesn't have a mouse. It seems like a ripoff that I'd have to go buy one just because the game doesn't work on my faster machine.
  • edited September 2009
    Just sent the following to the support address:

Please see: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=193979

I and a host of others had been talking with one of your employees, Will, about this, but have had no response for some time now. I assume this means that Will has been assigned to other things, so I thought I would try the support email address.

Summarized, our situation is this: We in that thread all have PC's that fit the requirements for many games, including TOMI, with one thing in common; we all have ATI Radeon 9200 / 9250 graphics cards. Other games we have purchased from Telltale, as well as other companies, have worked just fine on our systems, but TOMI does not. I posted a screen shot of what we are seeing in the thread linked above.

Last time we heard from Will, Telltale had obtained a Radeon 9250 for testing. This was well over a month ago, and we have had no update since then. If Telltale has no intention of fixing this, fine. However, an answer, be it positive or negative, would reflect better on Telltale than silence.

Please let me (us) know what's going on with this situation.

Thanks.

-David.

I'll let you all know what response I get, if any. If I don't hear from Telltale within 2 weeks, I'll consider this issue abandoned.
  • edited September 2009
    I agree, one way or the other i would just like a response as to the possibility of the issue being resolved or not which is all i ever really asked for, thanks for emailing on behalf of all of us struggling with the same issue
  • edited September 2009
    Will wrote: »
    I'm afraid your video card just may not be up to challenge. Normally in this situation I would suggest updating drivers and directX, but since they have both been covered already, you may just need a refund. One other thing you can try is the Omega Drivers. They sometimes work better with ATIs of that generation.

Telltale does not seem to give refunds. I have an email telling me they will refund my money because the game simply will not play on my computer, even after updating ALL the drivers. Once that promise was made, they no longer respond to my email nor do they give any indication that there is any value to their word. I wonder if the problems with this game is putting them out of business. I sure would be careful about any 'series' commitment with them.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    We definitely do offer refunds and have given out several for this issue already. Auntie, if you didn't receive your email, could you tell me what your ticket number is? As for the issue, it's still on our graphics department, but he is still swamped with some other problems at the moment.

I'd love to get this working, but realistically it probably won't be coming any time soon. We've only got the one guy and he is one of the busiest in the whole company. Again, I'd be more than happy to offer refunds.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Nevermind Auntie, I found your ticket. It seems your ticket got stuck on someone who no longer does support any more. Check your email.
  • edited September 2009
    :D I've updated my driver through the driver update in windows, and it worked.
    Posting a screenshot of the driver i'm running right now.
    Good luck.
  • edited September 2009
    Windows doesn't find any updates for my radeon 9250. I installed a update from Amd website. That didn't work. Is it simply down to the pixel shader only being 1.4. In this case no solution I guess. Shame.
  • edited September 2009
    Will wrote: »
    We definitely do offer refunds and have given out several for this issue already. Auntie, if you didn't receive your email, could you tell me what your ticket number is? As for the issue, it's still on our graphics department, but he is still swamped with some other problems at the moment.

I'd love to get this working, but realistically it probably won't be coming any time soon. We've only got the one guy and he is one of the busiest in the whole company. Again, I'd be more than happy to offer refunds.

I like how we're referring to the "Graphics Department" as "he". :D

I do appreciate the response, Will. However, it doesn't seem like it's being actively addressed, and that's a lot to put on one person. With that in mind, I'm dropping out of this thread. I lucked into borrowing a system that can play it just fine, so a refund is not necessary. Also, I am still willing to assist in testing on my old system, if need be.

Good luck to the rest of you. If I receive any further response from TellTale on this, I will post it here.

Thanks.
    -D.
  • edited September 2009
    Hey, I'm having the same problem with my refund. I was supposed to get my paypal account credited, but it's been awhile and it hasn't showed up still. I wrote back asking if everything was still alright with the issue three days ago, but haven't received a reply as of yet. What can I do? my ticket is: issue-20686.
  • edited October 2010
    Hullo? I dunno if anyone's still reading this thread, but I've made a discovery.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2022&d=1287197323

See the picture on the far right? That's from the game when I recorded it with FRAPS. (Actually, it's from when I clicked outside of the game window, but recording with FRAPS has the same effect.)

Doesn't have to have any specific settings, but if you record the game with FRAPS while playing, it corrects itself for the most part.

I would sure like to know what goes on in FRAPS (and outside of the game) that causes the polygons to look normal. Then we could isolate it and use to make a patch!
This discussion has been closed.