What are the chances of a season 2?

2»

Comments

• awesome thanks.

so it doesnt matter if i start with 2? so like almost all of them have appeared in TFTBL. has that moxxi appeared?

dojo32161 posted: »

We've met a few, some who only appeared in DLC. I'll do the appearances in order. * Marcus (All three Borderlands games) * Shade (Bord

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Moxxi was the woman at the other end of the phone call with Zer0 at the end of episode 1.

jamex1223 posted: »

awesome thanks. so it doesnt matter if i start with 2? so like almost all of them have appeared in TFTBL. has that moxxi appeared?

• edited June 2015

At this point I just don't think a season 2 of Tales from the borderlands would work

before episode 3 I would have said that there was a decent shot of us getting a season 2 but now that I have played episode 3 It is very clear that Tales from the borderlands is setting up Borderlands 3 and Fiona becoming A vault Hunter would kill any chance of her being a playable character in season 2 ( since by that point she would have become more than a simple con artist who can talk her way out of things )

The other issue with making a Season 2 is timing. If season 2 was made we would still likely not see it until after borderlands 3 was released ( most likely in late 2017)

finally the biggest reason why a season 2 would not work Is because the story in Tales from the borderlands is a cool trick that you can only do once.

"Two characters telling their own crazy version of what happened to them and how they first met each other"

• I would love to see a season 2 of Tales From The Borderlands I just love the humor,the action/adventure and story and I love borderlands games so I hope we can get a Season 2 for this TellTale game

I would absolutely love a Season 2 of Tales, depending on how the last two episodes go, it may become my new favorite Telltale game, but the chances of a Season 2 feel very slim to me.

• "Two characters telling their own crazy version of what happened to them and how they first met each other"

But! It could just continue in the future. As it looks now we will at least play a bit in the future towards the ending.

The chances seem slim, but I would absolutely love a second season. It's one of the greatest games I've played. Oh well, we can still hope.

TommyW posted: »

At this point I just don't think a season 2 of Tales from the borderlands would work before episode 3 I would have said that there was a

• The chances of a sequel are directly tied to how this season will end, as well as the plot of Borderlands 3.

They should do it.

• I wish, but they've got so many projects in queue:

• I remember seeing them post loads of TWAU quotes on their Twitter page, but I think that was all just for promoting the console releases of TWAU. There has been a lot said in the forums and by people just contacting requesting a new Season, but yeah there has been no official announcements or even hinting. I know that the Fables comics will conclude fully in a final July issue, so they could make an announcement then

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Wasn't it said recently in a hint TWAU might be something they'll go back to? I can't remember how it was said exactly but they'd heard people's demands for more but nothing's happening presently.

• A second season would be amazing, but only if there was more story to tell, and only if TT really wanted to do it at heart.

• They can do different stories from Marcus as long as it doesn't interfere with borderlands 3 maybe? .-.

A second season would be amazing, but only if there was more story to tell, and only if TT really wanted to do it at heart.

• That's true, but I'd worry that the main characters wouldn't be as likeable. Rhys and Fiona are amazing :)

They can do different stories from Marcus as long as it doesn't interfere with borderlands 3 maybe? .-.

• I feel like they're setting up at least Fiona to become a vault hunter in BL3

That's true, but I'd worry that the main characters wouldn't be as likeable. Rhys and Fiona are amazing

• edited July 2015

That timeline is not exactly accurate, IMO. The Pre-Sequel (TPS) is actually Athena telling Lillith, Mordecai, Brick, etc what happened with Jack on the moon between BL1 and BL2. So, while it's accurate in that the main story in it takes place between BL1 and BL2, TPS is actually after BL2 and, based on how Athena is taken by Brick and Mordecai in TFTB Ep 3, after TFTB as well.

So, while TFTB will likely contain some background for BL3 and BL3 might have some TFTB characters in it, I doubt it will be absolutely essential to the story simply because anyone who has played TPS has already seen a pretty big cliffhanger setting up BL3.

jamex1223 posted: »

well it all depends on what gearbox does and says. BL3 is coming and maybe this sets up something for BL3. lets looks at the time line, as i

• Tales from the Borderlands has become my favorite TellTale game and I've never played a Borderlands game. (I don't like first-person shooters). I absolutely love the humor incorporated throughout the game, the characters are some of my favorite characters I've ever played, and you can really see how much the graphics have improved from earlier games. Across the board this game is, in my opinion, TellTale's best work.
    Although this is my only tie to the Borderlands franchise, and I have many ties to The Walking Dead franchise (big fan of the show, the after-show, and both video games. Well, I played the second video game), I've gotten to the point where I would prefer a Tales from the Borderlands sequel over a The Walking Dead Game Season 3. TWDG 2 left us with dozens of cliffhangers that I want solved, but Tales has made me care about their characters much more than I do about TWDG. That being said, I'd prefer no sequel rather than one comparable to the sequel of TWDG. That was just garbage.
    I don't know if a sequel is likely, I've seen many good points on either side of the argument in this thread, but Tales is an outstanding game and it would be a shame if we never got to see Rhys, Vaughn, Fiona or Sasha again.

• edited July 2015

This reminds me of TWAU. Kinda depressing if I think about it...

But I'm just gonna say this. If there will be a season 2 of TFTB announced, I will pre-order it as soon as I can. And, please, just try to have a bit of hope. I mean, yeah, season 2 would probably not work, but as I said several times before, Telltale Games know what they are doing. Hell, I'm so desperate, that even if season 2 would not be canon, but just imagined continuings of Rhys and Fiona, I would still buy into it.

• man they know how to pick music

ata95 posted: »

Relax mann SOON

Sign in to comment in this discussion.