Episode 3 theory SPOILERS

So while playing through the game, Fiona started to have more and more words to say about her becoming a vault hunter while with athena ("I like this" "I wouldnt mind being a vault hunter"). So im gona guess, that Fiona is gona be one of the vault hunters in borderlands 3, and possibly a Handsome Rhys. What do you guys think?

Comments

• There's more evidence for Fiona becoming a Vault Hunter as well.

In a promotional art for her, it says that if she had a skill tree it would be based around her derringer, Roshambo/a.

• that would be sooooo awesome!

• Here's my idea for her action skill, and Rhys's, courtesy of my TV Tropes WMG theory:

Rhys:

• Fighting Style: Like the Terminator.
    • He can use his electronic arm like Tony Stark's to fire an explosive autocannon similar to Jack's, send multiple enemies flying with a punch like Brick's or even jam weapons with a shock blast. If Jack somehow sticks around, he could warn Rhys of incoming bandits or Badasses. Also, for raid bosses or general boss fights, Rhys can summon Loader Bot, who is now a Super Badass BUL Loader with snark, is armed with two slag Autocannons and two Torgue rifles and has increased immunity to elemental effects.

Fiona:

• Fighting Style: Like Neo from the Matrix.
    • She can use Awesomeness by Analysis to outline critical spots like Zer0 as part of a Sherlock Scan, and her shots home in on them, similar to Nisha's Showdown. As well as that, any non-elemental, Torgue or Jakobs guns have a chance to deal elemental damage that changes based on the kind of targets.
  • Well, look at the way they are portrayed when in custody of the stranger : they have brand new stylish clothes, meaning they probably made quite a lot of money in between the story and them telling the story, so maybe they also gained new gear ?

• Also I think what could happen in BL3 is Fiona is a VH and Rhys is the villain because controlled by Handsome Jack AI, making TFTB a prequel to BL3 and even more of an incentive for BL exclusive players to play TFTB.

• Fiona, Rhys, Stranger and Gortys confirmed for borderlands 3 vault hunters. Borderlands 3 continues from tales of the borderlands?

• I don't think Rhys will be a future villain, just because the "present" scenes show Rhys/Fiona/Stranger talking about Jack in the past tense. It would only work if the "present" scenes are set after BL3

Shoogli posted: »

Also I think what could happen in BL3 is Fiona is a VH and Rhys is the villain because controlled by Handsome Jack AI, making TFTB a prequel to BL3 and even more of an incentive for BL exclusive players to play TFTB.

• I'm not sure I understand. Is it you're saying that it would possibly mean that Rhys got rid of the Jack AI in his brain ?

Someguy12 posted: »

I don't think Rhys will be a future villain, just because the "present" scenes show Rhys/Fiona/Stranger talking about Jack in the past tense. It would only work if the "present" scenes are set after BL3

• Pretty sure Fiona will become a vault hunter.

For Rhys, as much as it pains me to say, I think Jack will finally take control of him, where he becomes, like you said, someone known as Handsome Rhys.

• The stranger would be a nice choice of a VH in BL3 indeed. I'd also totally play Gortys, provided she stays cute and doesn't turn into an evil slaughtering mad machine in ep 5 ;) !

ruairi46 posted: »

Fiona, Rhys, Stranger and Gortys confirmed for borderlands 3 vault hunters. Borderlands 3 continues from tales of the borderlands?

• edited June 2015

If Rhys and Fiona become Vault Hunters, Borderlands 3 will be the first game in a long time that I ever pre-order :D

On a side note, Vaughn as a vault hunter would be awesome. He could use his amazing abs to stun all enemies in disbelief and awe near him rendering them helpless to his guns lol

• Yeah, in the flash-forwards all three (Rhys, Fiona, Stranger) refer to Jack in the past tense, so it must mean that he has "left" Rhys' mind.

I'm not sure I understand. Is it you're saying that it would possibly mean that Rhys got rid of the Jack AI in his brain ?

• Oh yeah so I understood you right the first time :) !

That said, we never know, with those sneaky writers :p !

Someguy12 posted: »

Yeah, in the flash-forwards all three (Rhys, Fiona, Stranger) refer to Jack in the past tense, so it must mean that he has "left" Rhys' mind.

• I get the feeling Rhys will end up successful, but not as a vault hunter. I can imagine a Conker's Bad Fur Day sort of ending for him; He's back in Hyperion with an excellent position, but even with all that power, he misses his friends back at Pandora. Cue depression.

Rhys would make the funniest fucking Vault Hunter, though. Imagine being able to digistruct/summon Loaderbot at-will.

• those gams tho

The stranger would be a nice choice of a VH in BL3 indeed. I'd also totally play Gortys, provided she stays cute and doesn't turn into an evil slaughtering mad machine in ep 5 !

Sign in to comment in this discussion.