Does Rhys Have A Cybernetic Leg Too?

Ok so I was playing TFTB the other day and I thought I saw a little glint of metal at his ankle before (can't remember where exactly, maybe when he jumped in episode 3?). I think the clothes might also dictate this as he has a strange stripe pattern that is opposite his cybernetic arm, and then (possibly) opposite of his cybernetic leg.

Alt text

I don't know, it's just a theory but tell me what you guys think!

Comments

• He might, it would be a GREAT plot twist if he did.

For example, he was in danger of having one of his legs cut off by an attacker. When they swing their buzz saw at his leg, they are surprise by a metallic clunk sound. The pants are torn and reveals a cybernetic leg, which Rhys uses to kick his attacker back.

• If this is true Rhys has a bad case of Edward Elric Syndrome

• I don't think he does and this harkens back to episode 1 where Rhys holds the fake vault key. Remember how Fiona planted a small emp device on the case and activated it? That disabled Rhys' arm and echo eye, and if he had a robotic leg, I would have had to assume it would have failed too and he had fallen over.

• oh yeah that is true

I don't think he does and this harkens back to episode 1 where Rhys holds the fake vault key. Remember how Fiona planted a small emp device

• edited June 2015

I have been wondering if he has more robotic parts we're not aware of too, or if the robot arm extends more into his shoulderblade and torso for example. For what Sharkhunter21 mentioned, the arm and ECHO Eye could be linked, so that's why the fault with the arm occurred like that, but there's no ruling out other parts of him are robotic. Let's say in theory he did have a robotic prosthetic leg like in the way that you said and that glitch thing happened, it was only for a few seconds, so he could've stayed upright just by balancing up on his real leg until the glitch stopped. But robotic parts just in general, I wouldn't rule that out, even if they were just internal. Actually, I'm pretty sure Rhys has a robotic spleen XP

Speaking of design on those pants, tell me I'm not the only one who keeps mistaking Rhys' for having his fly open? x_x

• You really think Rhys could keep his balance for a couple seconds? The poor guy can barely do anything requiring physical power without complaining he's going to die or pass out lol

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I have been wondering if he has more robotic parts we're not aware of too, or if the robot arm extends more into his shoulderblade and torso

• He is Wilhelm's son.

• Fiona: [breathes on him...]

Rhys: Alt text

You really think Rhys could keep his balance for a couple seconds? The poor guy can barely do anything requiring physical power without complaining he's going to die or pass out lol

• Perfect!!!

Fiona: [breathes on him...] Rhys:

• I thought that Handsome Jack is Rhys idol not Wilhelm.

• he wouldnt necessarily fall over, he might just not be able to move it for a couple seconds

I don't think he does and this harkens back to episode 1 where Rhys holds the fake vault key. Remember how Fiona planted a small emp device

• lol

I thought that Handsome Jack is Rhys idol not Wilhelm.

• edited June 2015

Idk mang. It would be pretty cool, that's for sure :p

• While I don't think he has a robotic leg, I'd be surprised if he didn't have more cybernetics than the arm and ECHO eye even if the others are mostly internal. He's probably, like, upwards of 38% legally Hyperion property.

• So you're saying Hyperion may LITERALLY own Rhys's ass?

Rock114 posted: »

While I don't think he has a robotic leg, I'd be surprised if he didn't have more cybernetics than the arm and ECHO eye even if the others are mostly internal. He's probably, like, upwards of 38% legally Hyperion property.

• Knowing how Jack operated stuff, his ass is probably the first thing Hyperion claimed when he signed the contract for his cybernetics. It's probably called the "Butt Clause" or some such.

tyler8160 posted: »

So you're saying Hyperion may LITERALLY own Rhys's ass?

• Very true.

Rock114 posted: »

Knowing how Jack operated stuff, his ass is probably the first thing Hyperion claimed when he signed the contract for his cybernetics. It's probably called the "Butt Clause" or some such.

• edited June 2015

If you choose Fiona at the end of ep.2, in ep.3 she has to pull him up and she asks him, why he is so heavy. He answers "It's the arm..."
    He doesn't mention any other cybernetics.

• And ice cream. Never forget the ice cream.

If you choose Fiona at the end of ep.2, in ep.3 she has to pull him up and she asks him, why he is so heavy. He answers "It's the arm..." He doesn't mention any other cybernetics.

• "i hate you.. so much.."

ImUrban posted: »

And ice cream. Never forget the ice cream.

• Who hacks with their legs?

• People without arms :P

The-Qing posted: »

Who hacks with their legs?

• That would be hilarious if his fly was down, especially with that unused audio where he tells Sasha that he isn't wearing any underwear! Lol!

I have been wondering if he has more robotic parts we're not aware of too, or if the robot arm extends more into his shoulderblade and torso

• O_o link please I need to hear this in my lifetime

• I don't know how to link. Sorry PoopBrown.

But there is a thread open discussing it on the first page of the TFTB forum called -
    Unused Audio ( at least for now )

There's some other funny bits and pieces in there too. Including Dumpy's real voice! :)

PoopBrown posted: »

O_o link please I need to hear this in my lifetime

• But we see him in present day with Fiona and the Stranger, and he's got metal on his ankles... can't tell if its part of the boot, because its on both legs.

• Interesting idea, but I don't think it's true. One robotic leg would be useless, only two would make sense.

• well for future reference it's the globe you see at the top when you type a comment. You put what text should be the link, then you put the actual link and it creates a link. Thanks for telling me what thread it is though :D

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I don't know how to link. Sorry PoopBrown. But there is a thread open discussing it on the first page of the TFTB forum called - Unused

• Maybe he has balls of steel

[slapped]

tyler8160 posted: »

So you're saying Hyperion may LITERALLY own Rhys's ass?

• Unless he somehow lost it. Or something costed him an arm and a leg.

jarmoksk posted: »

Interesting idea, but I don't think it's true. One robotic leg would be useless, only two would make sense.

• This made me laugh more than it should have.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Maybe he has balls of steel [slapped]

• No problem. :) Thank you for the impromptu tutorial!

PoopBrown posted: »

well for future reference it's the globe you see at the top when you type a comment. You put what text should be the link, then you put the actual link and it creates a link. Thanks for telling me what thread it is though

Sign in to comment in this discussion.