Minecraft: Story Mode [Minecon 2015 Trailer] discussion thread.

Comments

• The trailer show us a lot, yet didn't properly told us what the story is about. I think this is a teaser trailer and a lot of things can still change by the time the final product is out.

• And also brought to u by dojo the russian's dojo? Do u wanna learn russian kong fu is less then a day goto to dojo's russian dojo by the end of the day u will be drinking vodka and kicking thugs with drop kicks before ya know it

dojo32161 posted: »

This speech of the day was brought to you by Lehfeels. Lehfeels, he feels the feels.

• This could be like what happened with the Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2 trailer, in which the trailer tries to look serious even though the series overall is light-hearted. I'm going to guess that the game, although light-hearted, will have trailers that make the game look more serious in order to make the younger Minecraft fans more interested in the game.

• I have never seen Telltale video get a 4000/4000 like to dislike ratio.

You're right about no 50/50 like/dislike ratio, but pinball was so bad (I think 10/90) that they removed the like and dislike bar IIRC.

Hmm, I don't know. I was right that Telltale made a story that they could've easily made an entirely different world for instead of using Mi

• Whew, that pinball one though.

Green613 posted: »

I have never seen Telltale video get a 4000/4000 like to dislike ratio. You're right about no 50/50 like/dislike ratio, but pinball was so bad (I think 10/90) that they removed the like and dislike bar IIRC.

• pinball hype

Whew, that pinball one though.

• Pinball GOTY

Green613 posted: »

pinball hype

• Well, the Tales from the Borderlands first trailer completely changed my mind towards the idea, and made me want to buy it right away

Lehfeels posted: »

@revec well trailers usually never do any movie or game the justice it deserves most of the time

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You mean the one that came out when it was announced?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, the Tales from the Borderlands first trailer completely changed my mind towards the idea, and made me want to buy it right away

• No, not the first one. The first gameplay trailer of what the game would actually be that came out about a week before it was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOPmNBM3Yew

You mean the one that came out when it was announced?

• Well all the trailers for TFTB indicated that it will be a funny game with comedy at the core of it. For this its not clear, if its funny then I can live with the "minecraft graphics" TTG did a good job of replicating them but I hate those graphics. From the trailer its clear that the minecraft world is in danger and you are the hero that will save it so it exactly like the lego movie just without humor so far as we saw.

This could be like what happened with the Tales from the Borderlands Episode 2 trailer, in which the trailer tries to look serious even thou

• I love that trailer. <3

Poogers555 posted: »

No, not the first one. The first gameplay trailer of what the game would actually be that came out about a week before it was released. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOPmNBM3Yew

• Still not interested and probably not buying , but the fact that Patton Oswalt is voicing the protagonist is pretty awesome.

• I'm confused by the negativity, I think this has the potential to be great!

And I've never played Minecraft.

• i cant believe i didnt notice that was ashley johnson at the beginning....

• honestly this game looks awesome to me, was hesitant at first but i am sold now.

• Hopefully they move towards Life is Strange

Dear God no, Telltale, whatever you do, stay away from becoming anything like Life is Strange.

Clord posted: »

Hopefully they move towards Life is Strange style implementation (third person, let you to actually move instead of constant scene after sce

• edited July 2015

I thought the trailer was pretty good, they've had better trailers, but it seems interesting. Nice to hear Dave Fennoy in this game, along with Scott Porter and Ashley Johnson, and I think Patton Oswald can do a very good job with this, so yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to this now.

• Trailer did it's job by giving us a basic intro to the story, showing art-style, introducing the main characters etc. I also think that it was a positive trailer, and didn't do any harm to the prospects of the game. Hoping that it won't be targeted heavily to younger demographics, and the trailer seemed to reinforce that

• But if you look at the negative comments for the trailer, you can see why people have disliked it. A lot of people wanted TWAU S2 instead, a lot of people just dislike Telltale's style and other's just think it will become purely childish. And they do seem to be using a lot of Minecraft stuff, since there looks to be four different "classes" based on Minecraft playstyles. They may even borrow Minecraft mechanics too

Hmm, I don't know. I was right that Telltale made a story that they could've easily made an entirely different world for instead of using Mi

• Could be part of early development. Maybe it'll change later on so they don't spoil the interface.

So what do you think the weird glowing around this is? I'm certain it's not plot related and has something to do with combat.

• I was kinda worried about what they were going to do story wise but now I'm ok with it. It looks really interesting and it reminds me of stories in adventure maps.

One thing I'm worried about though, they went to the Nether without any armour... they're so screwed.

• Yeah, I read the comments, I laughed at some and facepalmed at others. Over all, some people have legitimate points, others don't.

Someguy12 posted: »

But if you look at the negative comments for the trailer, you can see why people have disliked it. A lot of people wanted TWAU S2 instead, a

• Hope I wasn't the only who started tearing up at Dave's/Lee's voice. :P If I have the money, I'm definitely getting it.

• I found the trailer pretty underwhelming compared to other announcement trailers to be honest. Doesn't mean I wont get it, but I'm holding off from making it a sure purchase until I see a bit more. Maybe it's just not for me

• If it was a teaser trailer I'm sure it wouldn't be over a minute long and wouldn't show all that they showed. Looks more like TWAU world premiere trailer that they released in August 2013, so with my assumption I'm going to go ahead and guess that we'll be getting the game early fall since Wolf premiered in October. The game actually looks pretty ready.

The trailer show us a lot, yet didn't properly told us what the story is about. I think this is a teaser trailer and a lot of things can still change by the time the final product is out.

• Bravo Telltale! I knew you could Pull it off! It looks god damn amazing! I have to say, Keeping the original Animation style was a Bit of a Bad idea in my Opinion, But holy shit does it look cool. I'm gonna give my welcoming, and Assume it'll be up there with the Greats Like Sam & Max, The Walking Dead, and Even Tales From The Borderlands!

• One thing I'm worried about though, they went to the Nether without any armour... they're so screwed.

Yeah... I went to the Nether once without Armor... Let's just say Ghasts really like me apparently...

Kateis posted: »

I was kinda worried about what they were going to do story wise but now I'm ok with it. It looks really interesting and it reminds me of sto

• I like Life is Strange but I would never wanted Telltale to make their games that way. Their games are unique and if they did something like @Clord suggesting those game would lose their uniqness.

Clord posted: »

Hopefully they move towards Life is Strange style implementation (third person, let you to actually move instead of constant scene after sce

• Yeah, Ghasts are my best friends... They follow me around and play catch with me... And kill me... So many fun times. :P

One thing I'm worried about though, they went to the Nether without any armour... they're so screwed. Yeah... I went to the Nether once without Armor... Let's just say Ghasts really like me apparently...

• I knew you would come around. Everyone does. Telltale tends to have that affect on people.

It would have been better if it had the graphics like those of fan-made animations. But the trailer convinced me to buy the game.

• man i like life is strange

but i agree telltale mixing their episodic formula with that episodic formula is a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully they move towards Life is Strange Dear God no, Telltale, whatever you do, stay away from becoming anything like Life is Strange.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

"Telltale presents..."

Life is Strange a Telltale Games Series.

man i like life is strange but i agree telltale mixing their episodic formula with that episodic formula is a recipe for disaster.

• Alt text

"Telltale presents..." Life is Strange a Telltale Games Series.

• Then I'm glad you found a game you enjoy, I just can't get into it.

man i like life is strange but i agree telltale mixing their episodic formula with that episodic formula is a recipe for disaster.

• understandable, a lot of the dialogue makes me cringe.

Then I'm glad you found a game you enjoy, I just can't get into it.

• would buy

"Telltale presents..." Life is Strange a Telltale Games Series.

• Somebody asked about that during the panel. Job said it was the Creeper being selected in game during the fight cutscene.

So what do you think the weird glowing around this is? I'm certain it's not plot related and has something to do with combat.

• Minecraft did make up of my early teen years.

I knew you would come around. Everyone does. Telltale tends to have that affect on people.

• I don't really know how to feel about this, I know it's telltale, so they can tell a pretty good story, however I can't take it seriously, because it's MINECRAFT for god's sake!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.