Regarding Rhys's eye...

Has anyone else noticed that his eye in the future is gold? And if you let Jack take control by the end of episode 2, his eye turns gold?

Could future-Rhys actually be Jack?

Comments

• Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder why he's still acting like he has Rhys' personality then.

• I'm following the theories on the forum of it being General Pollox's eye. They're eyes are roughly the same colour and Rhys would have to remove the ECHO eye in order to remove Jack.

When Fiona pulls the eye out of her pocket it is in perfect Telltale condition, so possibly to get Jack out they replaced the eye. They have the technology. Present time Rhys probably doesn't have an ECHO eye which is why he was using the ECHO device in the very beginning.

• I don't think Jack is only in Rhys' ECHO eye. Rhys has a ton of other cybernetics as well as an access port directly into his brain (Where he shoves the ID drive containing the Jack AI). The AI does manipulate the ECHO eye and how well it works, but that's just one of the side effects of having Jack in his brain. Removing the eye wouldn't get him any closer to getting Jack out of his head.

ImUrban posted: »

I'm following the theories on the forum of it being General Pollox's eye. They're eyes are roughly the same colour and Rhys would have to re

• They're eyes are roughly the same colour

But they're not. Not even roughly. Pollux's eyes are what, light brown and kinda similar to Rhys' normal eyes? And his new is yellow-orange. In fact, the new eye along with parts of his suit looks suspiciously like Atlas colours. I don't know what the heck but it's def no Hyperion yellow. That should mean something too.

• I think removal of Jack would be more complicated than taking a slightly decomposed eyeball (she's had it for over 9 days) and replacing the echo eye itself. It looks like most of its complementary parts aren't all in the eye; the port is in Rhys' temple, and the inner mechanisms allows Jack to take control of Rhys' nervous system, so I'd think that some of its parts are built in and around his brain.

I'm following the theories on the forum of it being General Pollox's eye. They're eyes are roughly the same colour and Rhys would have to re

• I was wondering this too. I didn't come up with my own theory, but I do find some of the theories posted around to be interesting and possible. Most of them anyways...

• edited July 2015

If Jack was in control of Rhys, how could he tell parts of the story that he wasn't around for, like the Vault Key deal, that was before Rhys uploaded him.

• I'm following the theories on the forum of it being General Pollox's eye.

wtf.....

• No matter what the eye means I think Jack will take some kind of control later on - one way or another. I mean, something bad has to happen at some point with Jack in his head. And maybe it gets even worse if Rhys doesn't trust him?:/

• Maybe he just went out and got himself a new eye? Rhys' new arm and ECHO eye are kinda fancy looking, being gold and silver.

....omg he won the lottery! O_O

• I just think he got rich and brought a new. He's hand is also new shiny and stuff. And he is wearing a suit

• True, but perhaps (as someone said on another thread) the next big option in Episode 4 would be to either 'delete or upload' Jack on the Hyperion system. Jack being in his cybernetics could have interrupted something possibly resulting in a malfunction of the ECHO device. Perhaps Rhys was no longer able to see out of it or generally just didn't want to keep it in him. I mean, if a murderous corporation boss was in my mind I would want every last trance of him gone, preventing something like it from happening again.

As I said this was not my theory, someone else's I saw the other day which I believed made sense.

Rock114 posted: »

I don't think Jack is only in Rhys' ECHO eye. Rhys has a ton of other cybernetics as well as an access port directly into his brain (Where h

• I'm following plenty of theories. May as well include the weird ones.

JackMarco posted: »

I'm following the theories on the forum of it being General Pollox's eye. wtf.....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.