#SaveTimothy Poll/Thread

2»

Comments

• Yup. Even when you can clearly see that the Opportunity double turns into an Engineer once the cloaking pocket watch is removed, people still assume that it's poor Timmy.

Alt text
    Alt text

But even with that proof it raises a lot of questions about his fate. Did the new technology render Timothy useless? And if so, what became of him?

We saw at the end of Claptastic Voyage what Jack does with obsolete models... :'(

LawmanZero posted: »

Becoming that soulless body double in Opportunity, the bomb inside his face and from Hyperion, who's probably chasing him.

• You and me both, buddy...

When you said it had only been 3 weeks I had to double check - it feels so much longer than that!

At least we can speculate and overanalyse things to our heart's content. ^_^

Heh, yeah, I assumed it was mostly PR, because, really, that just didn't make sense at all. But I'm really enjoying all the mystery in TFTB,

• I like to think Timmy went on the run.

And at first Jack went "Pfft, too expensive to keep", and then he went "OH WAIT HE WITNESSED ALL MY DIRTY STUFF, NISHA PUT A BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD ASAP."

Yup. Even when you can clearly see that the Opportunity double turns into an Engineer once the cloaking pocket watch is removed, people stil

• The best bit is if you spare the Dahl soldier before battling RK-5 (Read: Douche with a reverb mic.)

"I'm not you, Jack."

SICK BURN BABY

Yeah, I agree - IMO the best thing about Timothy is that despite being identical to him in every other way, personality-wise he's Jack's antithesis.

• But even with that proof it raises a lot of questions about his fate. Did the new technology render Timothy useless? And if so, what became of him?

We saw at the end of Claptastic Voyage what Jack does with obsolete models... :'(

Timothy is the superior versions of the body doubles. They can take his cloaking technology, and he would still look like Jack. It could fool anyone who thinks they have the real Jack.

Yup. Even when you can clearly see that the Opportunity double turns into an Engineer once the cloaking pocket watch is removed, people stil

• That is my favourite line in the whole of TPS.

The delivery is perfection - it honestly hits you like a strong punch to the guts.

But then you're all:

Alt text

LawmanZero posted: »

The best bit is if you spare the Dahl soldier before battling RK-5 (Read: Douche with a reverb mic.) "I'm not you, Jack." SICK BURN BABY

• Don't think the stranger is either, but defiantly not Jack. He couldn't keep his mouth shut that long. And seriously, how can you expect people to hate Handsome Jack? That's like hating on Dr. Evil, he just got to be who he is. There is also some sympathetic aspects to Jack that you don't get with say Nisha or Wilhelm. You can see where he is coming from, and that he had a plan for the greater good at least to begin with.
    It was defiantly Handsome Jack we killed in Borderlands 2, I just can't see him not being there and wanting to personally kill the vault hunters after they killed his daughter. The idea of Jack being too much of a coward to be there himself just doesn't ring true. Either because he is a villain with heroic traits, or he is so arrogant to believe he could not be killed. So looking forward to episode 4 with only a twinge of fear that Jack will become the evil CEO archetype that you get so much of in stories now days, like being driven and successful automatically equates to being evil. He is and should be more than that.

Long story short, it was PR talk. The entire DLC was marketed as "play as Jack" because that was what everyone was asking for, but Anthon

• I don't even have Timothy as a character in TPS, but what the hell, #SaveTimothy.

He sounds like a legit kind of dude.

• edited July 2015

Maybe upload the Jack AI into a robot or bandit made to look like him.

Ooh! BL3 needs a feature where you copy the Jack AI into a robot/bandit, brutally murder him, and repeat. They could even have Timothy be the one running it. That would be so therapeutic after a long day at work...

And you wondered why Timothy needs saving?! That would seriously be the most tragic end for the character... I want Jack back in corpo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.