About Fiona becoming a Vault Hunter....

I read a review for Episode 3 on Deviant art (and it was a little negative) that claimed the idea of Fiona training to become a Vault Hunter kind of defeated the whole idea of playing a regular Pandora citizen which seemed fresh for a Borderlands game and the reviewer also claimed that Fiona learned fairly quickly for the time being. I somewhat disagree with this as I kind of figured this series would be one of those stories where the protagonists start out as complete nobodies and then as the story goes on they start to learn a few things and then by the end they become fully capable individuals who make a name for themselves.

Let's look at Vaughn for an example even though he's not a playable character, he does start to change, at the start, he's a complete wimp who can't stand Pandora and is out of his element but there's even a line where you can have Rhys convince Vaughn that killing the bandits was "awesome" and as the story goes on, he starts to become more okay with violence and starts to get a little more "brave", there's a bit more to his character if you choose Jack in Episode 2.

As for Fiona, I can buy this is where her story goes, as there are points where Fiona shows off that she's capable of being more than just a con artist in Episode 1 and Episode 2 and there's even a line in Episode 2 where Sasha mentions Fiona being a better shot than her so the fact that she can be badass isn't much of a stretch for me. Plus, this idea makes Fiona's story a bit more investing for me.

Thoughts on this?

Comments

• It would be boring if through this entire thing they were just no bodies doing nothing, at least this way we have character progression.

• Yeah, I agree, character progression is awesome. :)

It would be boring if through this entire thing they were just no bodies doing nothing, at least this way we have character progression.

• I like where her character is going and it's not like she's some badass gunslinger she uses her brains to outsmart her foes (I love her new combat tactics) and even if she does become a Vault Hunter she won't be like the rest of them. Besides wanting to be a Vault Hunter makes total sense for her character.

• I loved the direction they took with Fiona's character in Episode 3, not just with her becoming a Vault Hunter, but she overall felt much more enjoyable to play. She seemed a lot more fun and easy going in this episode when, in previous ones, she was a lot more serious and confident, it was a side of her character that I didn't think I would see and I really enjoyed it.

• If she wants to become a Vault Hunter that's fine by me, but for god's sake get something other than that pistol. It's just embarrassing.

• Exactly! The Vault Hunters have a reputation to defend!

If she wants to become a Vault Hunter that's fine by me, but for god's sake get something other than that pistol. It's just embarrassing.

• I actually pushed Fiona in that direction.

I think it'd be cool to have Fiona become the strong arm of the group.

• Don´t get too cosy with the idea of Fiona becoming a badass. She´s as far away from being a Vault Hunter as one can be. If it wasn´t for her plot armor Brick and/or Morecai would have squashed her like a bug.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.