Helios and the Vault Hunters

So at the end of Assault on Dragons Keep, the Vault Hunters figured out the Fast Travel Codes to Helios and are about to blow it up. Obviously it is still unharmed in TftB. How are the odds that we´ll see the Vault Hunters invade Helios next episode?

Comments

• Not impossible. I don't remember seeing Elpis or Helios even SHOWN in the Pre-Sequel present day cutscenes. So it's not like its place in time is predetermined.

• Yup, they also never showed it during TftB present Day. Though I actually think it is possible that it was still in tact during Pre-Sequel Present Day and that Athena will join them in destroying it.

• Actually it's shown in one of the very first shots of ep 1 in the present day:

Alt text

JackMarco posted: »

Yup, they also never showed it during TftB present Day. Though I actually think it is possible that it was still in tact during Pre-Sequel Present Day and that Athena will join them in destroying it.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

axton and gaige (and aureilia apparently) are hunting a vault on ephtah.

lilith brick mordecai and athena are in sanctuary

zero is looking for gortys

nisha, willhelm and roland are dead

claptrap is useless without his vault hunter.exe upgrades

timothy/jack state is unknown and likely wouldnt take part in it

That leaves krieg salvador and maya,
    not impossible. but i dont think they would make a big move on hyperian going alone, and lets assume the codes the hyperion guy gave them are correct, it doesnt going to be blown up during the tftbl story flashback because of two reasones, A) im pretty sure athena and the vault hunters will notice a gaint explosion and comment on it during pre sequel, B) we see helios in tales currect time, but elpis seems blacker for some reasone like its burned up.

Alt text

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

lol i just comment with the same screenshot, and saw your comment after refreshing

Actually it's shown in one of the very first shots of ep 1 in the present day:

• No worries, I do that all the time!

clap-tp posted: »

lol i just comment with the same screenshot, and saw your comment after refreshing

• I always wondered that. The intro to Episode 4 DID show that some sort of emergency was going down at Helios.

You may not be wrong!

• You know guys, with the way ep.3 ended, it seems pretty set that we're going up to Helios next. However, whatever goes on up there, I find it notable that present day Rhys seems to be rather well off, tailored suit and chrome cybernetics and all, lookin snazzy - definitely more of a businessman than a Pandoran bandit vault hunter.

So... if he's not running Helios, what is he running?

• Plot twist: Rhys becomes a drug dealer

You know guys, with the way ep.3 ended, it seems pretty set that we're going up to Helios next. However, whatever goes on up there, I find i

• And Dr. Ted is the supplier.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Plot twist: Rhys becomes a drug dealer

• edited July 2015

Considering the yellow, not blue, echo eye, and a different mech-arm i think they will somehow get Jack out of him. I already thought so, when Vasquez let Vaughn and Rhys shovel their graves and mentioned that they wanted Rhys' body up on Helios. The Namayaka (or Nakayama?) drive could have an important role for the story on Helios...

You know guys, with the way ep.3 ended, it seems pretty set that we're going up to Helios next. However, whatever goes on up there, I find i

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Actually it's shown in one of the very first shots of ep 1 in the present day:

• If I had to guess what that was, with Yvette saying "Rhys?" I'd say its the crew and Vallory's goons breaking in

I always wondered that. The intro to Episode 4 DID show that some sort of emergency was going down at Helios. You may not be wrong!

• (Breaking Bad, Borderlands edition)

And Dr. Ted is the supplier.

• I don't think the eye color means much, honestly.

Sardia posted: »

Considering the yellow, not blue, echo eye, and a different mech-arm i think they will somehow get Jack out of him. I already thought so, wh

• When Jack is in control, the eye goes yellow. When Rhys' is under control, it's blue...Having his new eye has brownish/dark yellow must mean something.

Piggs posted: »

I don't think the eye color means much, honestly.

• Nope. Not true. Remember the scene where he can slap Sasha's ass that you get if you trust him? His eye is blue. He looks entirely normal.

I think the yellow eye might just have to do with upgrades, if anything.

When Jack is in control, the eye goes yellow. When Rhys' is under control, it's blue...Having his new eye has brownish/dark yellow must mean something.

• Maybe it was Rhys then and not Jack...? :P just with a little more confidence through the connection with HJ than if he doesnt trust him... Hahahaha...
    But still the different eye color means something to me.

Nope. Not true. Remember the scene where he can slap Sasha's ass that you get if you trust him? His eye is blue. He looks entirely normal. I think the yellow eye might just have to do with upgrades, if anything.

• I want to say that was a mistake on Telltale's part but it could have well not been, who knows?

Nope. Not true. Remember the scene where he can slap Sasha's ass that you get if you trust him? His eye is blue. He looks entirely normal. I think the yellow eye might just have to do with upgrades, if anything.

• To be fair, I'd be disappointed in TT's storytelling abilities if the yellow eye was nothing more than an upgrade... They made it a point to show Jack turning it yellow in the ep.2 Jack ending, and he'd already upgraded it at that point (hacking Vasquez's stuff), without changing the color, so the permanent change does seem to mean something... Idk what exactly, but I do hope it's not cosmetic.

• Rhys's eye did change color after Jack's first upgrade.

It still lights up blue when Rhys activates it, but before that, just as Jack says "I've enhanced your ECHO eye," it goes brown/gold.

To be fair, I'd be disappointed in TT's storytelling abilities if the yellow eye was nothing more than an upgrade... They made it a point to

• I'd be disappointed in TT's storytelling abilities if the yellow eye was nothing more than an upgrade

But it could be a storytelling device in itself - specifically, a red herring.

To be fair, I'd be disappointed in TT's storytelling abilities if the yellow eye was nothing more than an upgrade... They made it a point to

• Huh, I never noticed that... Sometimes it's hard for me to tell the difference between Rhys' eye turning yellow and just brightly lighting up in more distant shots.

Rhys's eye did change color after Jack's first upgrade. It still lights up blue when Rhys activates it, but before that, just as Jack says "I've enhanced your ECHO eye," it goes brown/gold.

• I guess it could, but it would feel a little... unsatisfying, for me at least.

Either way, Rhys' overall makeover must mean something, clearly he's done well for himself.

I'd be disappointed in TT's storytelling abilities if the yellow eye was nothing more than an upgrade But it could be a storytelling device in itself - specifically, a red herring.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.