The forgotten: Interactive story.

Comments

• [Run to the neighbors]

mr.quality posted: »

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan froze. Like a dear in the headlights of the approaching death. The silvery light from the stadium lights refle

• Oh damn Gilligan and Julia have some problems. I have to say, while I knew that Leland wasn't who he claimed to be and while I strongly suspected him to be some messed up fucker, I never imagined him to be that much of a messed up fucker. Since he got captured by these men, he apparently did not work with them, but that raises the question why he tried to help Julia escape, if he is some sort of fucked up rapist/murderer. I mean, if he is not working with these guys and got captured in the process, he indeed helped her escape, which is something that does not fit with the rest of the image I have of him. It also raises the question why he knew her name in the first place.

[Run to the neighbors]

Get your ass out of there, Julia D: I got a bad feeling about both options, as I think the dead officer is part of the plan to capture her and that she might end up getting captured either way, but running away might give her a tiny chance.

Gilligan Anderson Gilligan froze. Like a dear in the headlights of the approaching death. The silvery light from the stadium lights refle

• [Run to the neighbors]

So Leland is a serial killer? But why has he helped her? There is either more behind his motivation to help, or he is playing a sick game with her.

• Julia Carter

Julia eyes darted around in the darkness of the hallway as she continued to back away. This had to be a dream. Just a nightmare. This shit doesn't happen to real people. She threw the door open and ran outside without bothering to close it back. She raced down the sidewalk and across the street, nearly tripping on the curb. She dashed up the neighbors front porch and pounded on the door. Her heart pounded as she waited for an answer. She turned her back to the door as she scanned the road for anything. She heard the sound of a door opening and turned back around. An elderly woman was standing at the door, looking back at her.

"Julia Carter? Is that really you? It's been so long since you've been back. To what do I owe this pleasure?" She asked.

"I was just over there, with a police officer and Micheal. Now Micheal's gone and the officer is dead." Julia stammered out quickly as her breathing refused to steady.

"Julia, are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." The elderly woman said, looking out into the street, obviously not catching what Julia had said. "Come inside." She said. Julia walked in the doorway, as the woman closed it behind her, locking it. Julia looked around, their house was spectacular. It was a little bigger than Micheal's, and it was very well decorated.

"Why don't you go take a seat in the living room sweetie. Johnson is in there watching TV. I'll be out with some tea in a second." The woman said.

"No, Miss H, I don't want any." Julia tried to protest but it fell on deaf ears as the woman walked away into the kitchen. Julia looked to her right, through the doorway into the living room, where two recliners and a couch sat facing the television, which was currently displaying the evening news. Which was repeating the same story over and over, the football shooting that Julia had just survived about an hour ago.

"Mister Johnson?" Julia asked.

"Who's there?" An old man responded, his head craning around the back of the recliner. "Julia? Why are you here? come take a seat." He said. Julia walked forward into the darkened living room, taking a seat on the couch. Johnson looked over at her with sad eyes. "Something horrible's happened." He said ominously as he nodded towards the screen. "We never had anything like this when I was a kid." He huffed. Julia feared he was about to go into a 'Back in my day' rant, before he sighed. "Why are you here Julia? And please be honest. You're not just here to catch up, are you?" He said. Julia shook her head, she was almost at a breaking point. She could feel the dried tears on her face.

"I was at the football game." She started slowly. "I was attacked in the parking lot and ran away. I went to Micheal's ad called the police. Now something happened and Micheal is gone, and the officer is to." Julia said, carefully avoiding the part about Leland and the officer being dead. The man didn't seem shocked or scared, he seemed depressed.

"uh-huh. I see." He said slowly.

"What should we do? Should we call the police?" Julia asked. The man shook his head.

"No. No. You've seen what they do. They don't care how many people they have to kill to get to you. They will get to you one way or another. You've been marked." He said.

"What? What are you talking about?" Julia asked, now cautious of the man.

"The people hunting you are not good people, the more you resist the worse you make it on yourself, and everyone around you. The best thing you can do is give up." He said.

"How do you know?" Julia asked.

"I was one of them." He said. "Back when I was the CEO of the lumber mill." He stated. The lumber mill, the place had been closed down before Julia was even born. The old man caressed his head with his hands and looked up at Julia. "Just give up." He said. "You've put me at risk by just coming here."

"I don't want to die." Julia retorted.

"And you won't." A voice butted in. The woman was back, with tea. She was scowling at Johnson. "We can hide you. Only for tonight. Once it's safe, you leave." She said.

"We can't do that. What if they find out." Johnson said.

"We don't let them. They trust you, and you've never given them a reason to not trust you." She said. "Julia, you can stay in the basement if you'd like." She said, turning to Julia. What is happening? These two people that she'd grown up with almost half of her life, are now connected to the people who are trying to hurt her? And Micheal? And God knows who else. What is real and what is a lie? Can she trust them? Can she trust anyone?

Choice

[Stay the night]

[Leave]

• [Stay the night]
    Thank fuck they have not targetted Chad yet.

Julia Carter Julia eyes darted around in the darkness of the hallway as she continued to back away. This had to be a dream. Just a nightm

• [Leave]

Okay... I am not sure. Perhaps this is just a ruse by Julia's neigbours to get into her hunters good grace. Or perhaps they genuinely want to help her. But then there's the danger that perhaps Mr. Johnson will chicken out as soon as the hunters come and will sell her out so that his life gets spared. And perhaps I'm just paranoid, but the hunter that caught Gilligan mentioned a plan to get Julia. Perhaps the hunters deliberately guided her to this place and are working with these people to capture her easily once she is asleep. That would be more of a plan than to rely on her running into their arms.

Julia Carter Julia eyes darted around in the darkness of the hallway as she continued to back away. This had to be a dream. Just a nightm

• [Stay the night]

• [Leave]

There is something off with these people. Perhaps its nothing but I dont really trust them.

• So I kinda feel like I owe you guys an apology... I've kinda neglected to work on my stories recently. School started back up recently so I'm bogged down with homework, and I have cross country practice after school so that takes more time away from my writing. I had my first meet yesterday, and had a helluva time. I have no clue when I will get time for this, but keep in mind I have not forgotten you.

• Toss of the coin says: Stay the night.

There for, Julia will be staying at the creepy old people's house tonight. I'll try to get out a new part soon.

• Chad Sparks

Chad gazed at the police officer who looked at him inquisitively.

"I tripped while I was running, landed face first." Chad lied.

"Uh-huh." The officer said, obviously not buying it. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"More than sure." Chad said, putting a commanding tone in his voice.

"Alright. Alright." He said. "You're free to go. We'll be in contact with you if we need anything." He said as he began to walk away. Chad stood up and looked around. The football stadium was very eerie when no one was around. It was deadly silent. And dark. Chad began to walk away when he heard an officer yelling.

"I found something over here! Looks like blood!" He said. Chad looked up in that direction, the officer looked just about as afraid as Chad felt. Chad shook his head and ducked under the yellow police tape, walking off down the sidewalk. He felt awkward just leaving like that. He felt like he should stick around for some reason. He walked over to the parking lot where he found his beat up old Civic. He opened the door and got in, slamming it behind him. He didn't want to start the engine. He didn't want to go anywhere. He just wanted to sit here and rot. But he opted against it and instead began to drive home. As he passed the scene he noticed multiple officers circling around a pickup truck, looking under it. One of the officers saw him and nodded in his direction. Chad shifted his gaze as he continued forward.

4:20, the next morning

The sleep never came. What did come was horrible nightmares. All night, it kept him up.

He lay motionless in his bed, staring at the blackness above him. He just wanted to never see the sun again, he just wanted to lay here until he became nothing, just blending with the dark around him. But he knew that wasn't possible. He knew one way or another he'd have to face the world again. His parents had already found out what had happened and had a long talk with him, though it seemed to just pass through his head. After multiple more minutes of vegetating, he gazed over at the clock. It blinked 4:20. Chad sighed as he forced himself to sit up. He rather do something than sit here and do nothing. He needed to occupy his mind. He reached over to his nightstand and reached around before turning on the lamp that illuminated the room. Chad's eyes protested the new light. He saw his cell phone on the table flashing a green light. He had a message. He swung his feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, his foot landing on the slick pages of a magazine. He looked down at the magazine, it's cover featuring an almost naked woman. He needed to get rid of that thing, someone was going to find it eventually. He kicked it back under his bed and walked over to his table grabbing his phone. He turned it on. He had a new message from Jeremiah Boyd, the leader of the high school's student council. He's never gotten a text from him before, so this must have been serious. He opened the text and looked at it.

"Chad, This is Jeremiah Boyd. President of Wilmington High School's student council." It began, Yes Jeremiah always liked to flash his title around. "I've received news of the deaths of two of our good friends and fellow students, Amy Greene and Damon Scarlet. These deaths are shocking and horrifying to all of us. Me and the fellow students of the Council are going to be holding a candlelight Vigil Sunday at the football field, around 9:00 O'clock. Now is the time for mourning and we would very much like you to be with us in our time of disparity. The Wilmington Police Department, along with the mayor of Wilmington will be present at this event. If you intend on attending the vigil, please send me a text saying you will be there so we can have a rough estimate of how many people will be there. My condolences, Jeremiah Boyd and the Wilmington student council." It finished. Chad looked it over. Maybe it was what he needed. A chance to say goodbye. Maybe make amends. But maybe now wasn't the time. Maybe he needed to be alone. He was conflicted.

Choice

[Attend the Vigil]

[Stay home on Sunday]

Julia Carter, Minutes earlier

The basement was cold and dark. The junk pile over her kept her unseen from the outside, but from the inside she felt more trapped than ever. She had tried to sleep, then realized how stupid of an idea that was. If anything happened, she had to be ready. She chewed nervously on her lip as her eyes pierced the darkness. She fiddled with her watch and was able to tell it was around 4:20. The house had been silent for hours, minus a few creaks and the noises of the air conditioner. Every little sound made her on edge. Somewhere around 2:30 she'd broken down and cried for a good twenty minutes before she was able to regain herself. Even now, she was having a hard time battling the tears. Bad things happen, that's a given. But this? What had she done to deserve this?

A sudden knock at the door caused Julia to bite her lip. This time she tasted blood.

The door opened. She could heard multiple heavy footsteps above her.

"What are you doing here?" Johnson's voice asked. "I'm retired." He snapped.

"I know. But, we have a marked target loose in the area. We have to find her before she dose something to hurt someone." A deep man's voice said.

"Well, you're barking up the wrong tree." Johnson said.

"Look, I know we've had some rough history. But, if you just point us in the right direction all will be forgotten and we'll never bother you again. Hunter's promise." The man said.

"To bad, 'cause I don't know nothing." Johnson snapped.

"Then I guess you wouldn't mind it we take a look around." The man's voice said. There was a loud thud sound as if something had hit a wall. "Piper, Vex, clear the basement. Leo, on me." He said. There was some shuffling then the footsteps were back, walking right above her. The basement door opened. She could hear them coming down right above her. She was right underneath the stairs. Two people were now with her in the basement.

"Vex, check over there by the dryer. That seems like a good place." The one named Piper said in a sweet, yet commanding tone.

"Yes ma'am." Vex said. Piper huffed as she turned on a flashlight.

"Stop calling me ma'am, Vex. My name is Piper." She said, sifting trough some junk.

"She's not back here, Ma- Piper." Vex said, catching himself. Piper turned off the flash light and walked straight past where Julia was hiding, she stopped right in front of her. Then bent down to tie her shoe. Julia held her breath. She could see the other woman. She prayed she didn't see her.

"I guess nothing's down here then Vex." Piper said as she stood up. "Let's move. Alan won't want to wait long." She said as she walked away. Julia let out a small breath in relief. They didn't see her. Then, her cover was gone. The pile of junk around her was obliterated as Piper grabbed Julia by the neck and lifted her up, pinning her against the wall. She was abnormally strong. Her grip was cold and metallic, seeming to just suck the breath out of Julia's lungs. Piper's icy blue eyes pierced Julia's, which seemed dull in comparison. Julia reached out and clawed at the air, trying desperately to grab anything. She ended up grabbing Piper's arm, which was just as metallic as her grip. Her vision began to darken as the world began to spin. He lungs burned as she gasped for any air. She heard the distant sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Piper! Stop!" A voice called. Piper continued until The one named Alan stepped forward and placed a hand on her shoulder, throwing her back like she was nothing more than a rag doll. Julia fell to the floor. Her vision darkening to blackness. She opened her eyes again and she was being dragged by her feet through the upstairs by Alan, who was having no trouble dragging her entire weight with one hand. Julia's head tilted to her left where she saw Johnson sitting against the wall, it looked like he'd been thrown into it. Hard. He was obviously dead. Julia looked Back at Alan. Then she noticed it. He was wearing some sort of metal skeleton. So were the rest of them. Piper was angrily marching next to Alan, holding her shoulder. Julia closed her eyes again. When she opened them again, she was outside. Being lifted into a moving truck. Piper picked her up and got in with her. Vex closed the door. Julia heard the sound of car doors opening ad shutting, then the sound of the engine starting.

"I'm sorry I didn't kill you." Piper's voice said distantly. "Trust me, I would've done you a big favor." She said as Julia shut her eyes again.

• [Attend the Vigil] - Maybe it will just be an extremely grim reminder of what happened, but there's still a chance he'll find solace in going.

As for Julia, well, shit. I'm kinda worried about her and everyone else who was taken. I'm guessing Gilligan was taken by the same people? If I recall correctly, the guy going after him could run abnormally fast or something like that. Who knows what they'll be doing with them. I'm definitely interested in where this goes from here on.

Chad Sparks Chad gazed at the police officer who looked at him inquisitively. "I tripped while I was running, landed face first." Chad

• [Attend the Vigil]

Holy shit, Julia D: I knew it was a bad idea to stay the night in one place, regardless of wether or not the people she stayed with could be trusted. Turned out, they were trustworthy, but it was still a horrible idea. What would have happened if she wouldn't have stayed the night, by the way? Also, it looks like she seriously managed to anger whomever is hunting her by escaping the first time, as they really brought out the big guns now, with the people who captured her. I mean, compare these guys to the people who confronted her the first time or the guy who captured Gilligan. I'm intrigued by what these people have planned. However, lines like this make me really afraid for what it is:

"I'm sorry I didn't kill you." Piper's voice said distantly. "Trust me, I would've done you a big favor."

At first I thought it was only for the hunt itself and that they have plans to kill the captured people later. This on the other hand sounds even worse and gives me a really bad feeling. I am definitely afraid for what might happen to Julia now. And then there is this:

"I know. But, we have a marked target loose in the area. We have to find her before she dose something to hurt someone." A deep man's voice said.

So these people are afraid that Julia, out of all people, could hurt someone? That is odd to say the least, at least as long as they haven't referenced to the fact that they like to hurt people while hunting for her. Something is not right with Julia, or else these people wouldn't have taken that much effort to hunt her down. And finally, on a very negative note, she's now probably taken to the same place they brought that creepy fucker Leland and this is something very bad.

Chad Sparks Chad gazed at the police officer who looked at him inquisitively. "I tripped while I was running, landed face first." Chad

• [Attend the Vigil]

• [Attend the Vigil]

I expected something bad to happen if Julia stayed at her neighbours house but I have not expected something like this.

• [Stay home on Sunday]

• [Attend the Vigil]

• Chad Sparks, Sunday morning

Chad stood outside his front door in the brisk morning wind. All yesterday he was having second thoughts about everything. Even now he was unsure. He couldn't tell if he was the one to blame or not. He couldn't tell if he could've done something or not. All these thoughts flowed through his head in a never ending stream of sorrow. He could see the sun casting it's early rays from the horizon. He'd been out here since four o'clock last night. No matter how hard he tried he just couldn't sleep. Not after what happened. He gazed out across the street towards the apartment complex across the street. He noticed a red convertible driving up the street. It stopped and turned into the apartment complex and the driver got out. But instead of entering the apartments, the driver walked across the street towards Chad's house.

"Can I help you?" Chad asked in a half-sincere tone. The driver stopped and looked up.

"Uh, Chad?" She asked.

"Yeah." Chad responded. "And you are?" He asked.

"Alina." She answered. "From school." Chad shook his head.

"I don't think I know you." He said.

"Yeah." She said. "That's not important... A bunch of the guys from the high school are getting together this morning from breakfast. I thought I should see if you wanted to join. You know. Just to be around some people?" She said.

"Uh-huh." Chad mumbled.

"So, you want to come?" She asked in a partially cheerful voice.

Choice

[Join them for breakfast]

[Stay at home]

Julia Carter

Julia's eyes slowly opened, fading open and shut, as she woke up. To her horror, she was in the back of the truck. She sat up suddenly and looked around. She could tell they were moving, due to the constant shifting and bumping. She tried to move her hand up to her face, only to realize they were handcuffed together.

"Hello?" She asked, her voice hoarse. "Help me!" She said, much louder.

"Nobody's coming honey." A gruff voice with a Russian-esque accent said next to her said. She looked to her left and noticed a man standing by the door.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" She demanded. The man laughed.

"The name's Venceslao. Most people call me Vex." He responded. "And let me just make one thing clear. I don't want anything to do with you. We don't want anything to do with you. We're just the hunters."

"Just let me go... I've never done anything wrong." Julia begged.

"Sorry honey, but it seems that that is not something I can do." He said.

"Wh-where are you taking me?" She asked.

"Well, We're taking you to the drop point. Where you go from there, heaven knows." He said.

"Hey Vex." A voice echoed into the area. "How's it going back there?" It asked. Vex to a second to reach down to his belt and pull off the walkie-talkie. He hit the button and turned away.

"Everything's fine and dandy." He said, oblivious to the fact that Julia had stood up and was approaching from behind. "Our sleeping beauty just woke up though. I think she pi- Akh!" He said, being cut off as Julia began to use her handcuffs to strangle him from behind.

"Vex? What's gong on?" The radio asked. The van suddenly stopped and Julia was thrown forward, away from Vex. She landed on the ground and before she could get up the door opened in the back and someone jumped in. Julia felt a cold hard grip on her shoulder, then she was thrown from the van. She ended up staring face-up on the road behind the van. Someone grabbed Julia and pulled her up. She was dizzy and her arm hurt from where she landed on it. Leo was the one who'd pulled her up. Alan was the one who'd thrown her from the van. He jumped down out of the back and onto the pavement.

"Attacking one of my men? Just how stupid can you get?" He demanded furiously, as he marched forward. Julia cowered away. "Why do you have to make it so difficult? You could've killed him you know." He said as he grabbed at Julia, but she quickly stepped back, bumping into someone. She felt a hand on her shoulder and then was pushed away. Someone was now standing between her and Alan. Piper. Alan looked furiously at Piper.

"What exactly do you think you're doing?" Alan barked.

"Look, Alan. We know how the old man is. We can't afford to hurt the package." She responded. Alan marched forward, standing inches from her as he scowled down at her. He gave a slight growl as he pushed her back slightly.

"Fine." He said. "But if you're so damn protective over the well-being of this package. You stay in the back with her." Alan barked. She regained her composer and looked him in the eye.

"Fine with me." She said. Alan shook his head in disbelief and stormed off into the cab of the truck. Vex had regained himself and was being helped off by Leo. Julia by now had realized what was happening and jumped to her feet, in a mad attempt to run to freedom. Sadly, Leo tackled her to the ground as soon as he saw what was happening and dragged her back to the truck, throwing her in the back. He then glared at Piper.

"We ain't got all day." He jeered. She stepped forward and climbed in the back. Leo then reached up and pulled the door closed. After a moment the engine started and they were moving again. Julia began to look around for anything helpful. There was nothing in here except her and Piper. Julia noticed Piper was missing her exoskeleton, but she'd gain a big black eye and a nasty looking gash in the side of her face.

Choice

[Stay silent]

[Try to initiate a conversation]

• edited September 2015

[Try to initiate a conversation] Worse case scenario: she gets a little pissed at us. Best case scenario: we learn some precious details about what the hell is going on.

Edit: Woops! [Join them for breakfast]

Chad Sparks, Sunday morning Chad stood outside his front door in the brisk morning wind. All yesterday he was having second thoughts abou

• edited September 2015

[Try to initiate a conversation] What could possibly go wrong ? muhaha
    [Stay at home] ^^ I don't feel like it's a good idea to come with them

Chad Sparks, Sunday morning Chad stood outside his front door in the brisk morning wind. All yesterday he was having second thoughts abou

• [Stay at home]

• You forgot to vote on the first one.

alikir34 posted: »

[Try to initiate a conversation] What could possibly go wrong ? muhaha [Stay at home] ^^ I don't feel like it's a good idea to come with them

• [Join them for breakfast] and [Try to initiate a conversation]

• "Why do you have to make it so difficult? You could've killed him you know."

I have the feeling that killing this bastard was part of Julia's plan...

[Join them for breakfast]

I'm curious for some answers. Piper does not seem as bad as Alan or Leo, so perhaps she's open for some conversation.

• edited September 2015

Julia Carter

Julia gazed over at Piper, who was currently caressing her bruised face in her hands.

"What happened to your face?" Julia asked, before she realized how rude that sounded.

"Nothing." Piper responded without looking up.

"Why did you stick up for me out there?" Julia asked. This time Piper looked up.

"It wasn't for you. Okay? It was for me. I... I just had to remember that I was human to." She said. "I'm sure you don't want the entire sob story of my life though." She said.

"I really don't have anywhere to be." Julia said, lifting her hands showcasing the handcuffs.

"I guess that's true." Piper said. "Fine... You ever hear of a guy named Julian Grey?" She asked. Julia nodded.

"He was a politician. Running for office when he was found dead in his mansion, his wife was dead to, and his kids were missing. Never found." Julia recalled.

"Exactly." Piper said.

"Did you do that?" Julia asked.

"No." Piper answered. "I am his daughter. My father had made a deal with a very powerful man, and when the time came around and my father couldn't repay... He..." Piper shook the thought out of her mind and continued. "After that night, they took my sister. They held a gun to her head and told me to do everything they said or they'd kill her. So I did. They said I'd have to work with them until the debt was paid off. I was only fifteen at the time." She said. "I'm twenty-three now. I haven't heard from my sister in years, and I can only hope that they are keeping their end." Piper said. "I'm sorry. You didn't need to know any of that." Julia furrowed her brow.

"No. No, I think that's what I needed to know. About you. But the others, what about them?" Julia asked.

"Thugs. Lowlifes. Not good people at all. Alan was a murderer in Louisiana before the old man plucked him out of jail and put him on a team. He's a short fuse... And I've seen him snap. More than once... I didn't want to see it happen again." She said.

"Yet you were perfectly fine with strangling me to death on your own in that basement." Julia remarked. Piper shot her a cold glare.

"I was scared. I'm not cut out for this, alright. I freaked and did what my first thought told me to do, eliminate the threat." Piper said.

"Alright, alright. How about the rest of them?" Julia asked.

"Vex, is our resident friendly terrorist from Serbia. The old man picked him up after he just about blew himself to kingdom come with a IED. He's the one you can that for the Exo-suits we use." Piper said.

"What happened to yours?" Julia asked.

"Well, after I freaked. Alan and Vex jumped me and beat the living shit out of me. Smashed my face into the front of the truck, took my suit. That's why i wasn't the one back here when you woke up. Luckily." Piper said.

"Sorry I did that. I just wanted to go home." Julia said.

"Don't be sorry. You totally kicked his ass. And that's more than I'll accomplish. And I know you want to go home. I do to. But I can't afford to screw up, or they'll kill my sister." Piper said.

"It has to be hard. Doing what you do." Julia said.

"It is. There's been entire weeks where I don't sleep, just thinking about what I've allowed to happen. Thinking about my sister, my family. Thinking about these people I call 'Friends'. I just want my sister back." Piper said, a sudden tone remorse in her voice. But she brushed it off. "Leo. Leo is our newest member. I don't have much on him yet, but from what I can tell, He's a lot like me. He's only doing this because the Old man has something over him, what that is, I have no clue. But he seems almost like he's cut out for this. Like he likes doing this... I don't think I like him." Piper said. "So, that's everything about everyone." She said.

"Wait, who is this 'Old man' You're talking about?" Julia asked. Piper sighed.

"I don't really know. Nobody really knows. For all we know, he could be one man, or he could be a network of people working together. But one thing is for sure, he's the one that's employing us. One way or another. He's the one that orders the hunts." Piper said.

"Hunts?" Julia asked.

"It what we call going out and kidnapping whoever we're told to." Piper said.

"How many people have you taken?" Julia asked.

"Too... To many." Piper said. "But out of everyone we've taken. You're the only one that's ever tried to talk with me. Or anyone. Why are you not afraid?" Piper asked.

"I am afraid. More than I'd like to admit. I miss my brother horribly, and my shitty little house. Hell, right now, I'd crawl home to my parents and beg for forgiveness of I had the chance." Julia said.

"You're good at hiding emotions." Piper said.

"I can't afford to let them cloud my judgement." Julia said.

"You seem like such a nice person." Piper said shaking her head. "Why would anyone ever want to hurt you?" She asked.

"Because not everyone's not a good person." Julia said. "You know it's not to late." She added.

"For what?" Piper asked.

"To let me go." Julia said.

"They'd kill my sister." Piper said.

"Not if we get to her first." Julia said. "Do you have any idea where they could be hiding her?" She asked.

"Only one place that comes to mind." Piper said. "The lumber mill. That's where they put anything they don't want found."

"We can get there. We can find your sister and get her safe." Julia said, in a hopeful tone. Piper looked directly into Julia's eyes. In the dim lighting in the back of the truck, Julia could see tears.

"You're lying." Piper said. "You wouldn't help me. Not after what I did to you."

"You're wrong. I can tell you're different than the rest of them." Julia said.

"Stop... Please. Just stop." Piper said, her voice now clearly breaking up. she was almost at a braking point. Julia just had to push a little farther, then she would have her where she wanted her. But maybe this was a little mean? Unnecessary? But it's kinda her only chance right now, right? She could hear Piper attempting to hold back the sobs.

Choice

[Keep talking]

[Stop]

Chad Sparks

Chad looked across the lawn at Alina She had long black hair, that was braided down her back. Her eyes were green, she was significantly smaller than Chad, though he was 6'2''. She was wearing a grey sweatshirt that seemed multiple sizes to big for her that she matched with jeans and black tennis shoes.

"Yeah. Fine. I'll come." Chad said. Alina smiled at him and walked up the porch steps. Then her smile faded.

"Not like that you're not." She said. Chad looked down at himself. His cloths were a mess, his hair was probably no better.

"Yeah..." He said. "I should probably change." Chad said.

"You think?" She joked. Chad opened the door and walked in. He realized Alina was still awkwardly standing at the door.

"You can come in you know." He said. She quickly looked around and opened the door, coming in. Her cheeks red.

"Sorry." She said. Chad shook his head as he entered his room and threw the dresser open. He picked out a blue shirt, some black jeans and his watch. He continued to roll up his shirt sleeves to his elbows. After he was finished he walked back into his living room where he found Alina looking at a picture that was on the table.

"I guess you two were close friends." Alina said.

"Yeah. Me and Amy we were like family." Chad said.

"Sorry. For what happened." Alina said.

"It's not your fault." Chad said glumly.

"At least she's in a better place now." Alina said.

"Yeah." Chad said. Alina smacked herself in the head.

"Sorry. I was just a total moron. I totally just ruined everything." Alina said.

"No, no. It's fine. Really." Chad said. "So, where are we going?" He asked.

"It's a surprise." Alina said as she grinned.

"You got to tell me where we're going if I'm going to drive there." Chad said. Alina shook her head.

"There is no way I am going to let you drive like that. You look like you haven't slept in days. You could wreck your car or something." Alina said.

Choice

[Drive yourself]

[Let Alina drive]

• [Keep talking]

[Let Alina drive]

Julia Carter Julia gazed over at Piper, who was currently caressing her bruised face in her hands. "What happened to your face?" Julia

• [Keep talking]
    [Drive yourself]

Julia Carter Julia gazed over at Piper, who was currently caressing her bruised face in her hands. "What happened to your face?" Julia

• [Keep talking] [Drive yourself]

• [Keep talking] - I kind of like Piper so hopefully nothing bad happens to her because of this, but we can't sit around in the truck forever. Odds are they're going to move us to a better-equipped facility where escaping becomes significantly harder, if not impossible.

[Let Alina drive] - She's seems sincere and somewhat concerned about his well-being. Hopefully she isn't another one of these kidnappers trying to lure Chad out of his home.

• [Keep talking]

With a bit of luck, this will cause Piper to trust her and perhaps to help her in escaping from these messed-up people. The worst case I can see is that she would refuse to help Julia, therefore maintaining the status quo. It's worth a try and Julia is definitely not in a position to take Piper's feelings into consideration.

[Let Alina drive]

I can't see a good reason not to let her drive. If Chad is really that tired, it can be very dangerous for him to drive, so Alina sounds like the safer choice

• [Keep talking] and [Let Alina drive] because why not?

• edited September 2015

[Keep talking] I hope this doesnt cause Piper to snap and get violent towards Julia

[Drive yourself] For some reason I dont fully trust her. After Julia and Gilligan got captured, I expect Chad to be on the target list too. I also just remembered Michael, what the hell happened to him? Was he captured too?

• Micheal... Time will tell what happened to him.

janitor posted: »

[Keep talking] I hope this doesnt cause Piper to snap and get violent towards Julia [Drive yourself] For some reason I dont fully trust h

• Julia Carter

Julia gazed at Piper, struggling to maintain her composure. She'd hit a nerve somewhere.

"Piper." Julia said. "Look at me." Piper slowly wiped her eyes and weakly looked up.

"You don't want to help me. You just want to get out of here." She said.

"No. Piper, I want to help me. But you've got to get me out of here first." Julia said. Piper shook her head.

"I don't get it. Why don't you just want me to rot? After everything I did to you." Piper asked.

"Because it wasn't you. You're being forced to do this." Julia said. "We can beat this thing, together." She said. Piper didn't respond and the truck went silent. Then after the silence was almost unbearable Piper spoke up.

"You're lying." Is all she said. Julia fought to find the words she needed, but this time they escaped her. She ran her fingers through her dark brown hair in defeat as she opened her mouth for a weak attempt at recovery. But just as she was about to say something, the truck squealed to a stop. Julia glanced at Piper, who wouldn't even look at her then back at the door as it flew open. Leo stood back there alone.

"What's the problem?" He asked, eyeing Julia. Then his eyes fixated at a point behind her and his eyes widened. "Piper, the hell are you doing?" He asked, before his head suddenly exploded into a red pulp. He slumped forward into the truck and then sank to the ground leaving a red stain anywhere he touched. Julia quickly looked over at Piper, she was standing, holding a large shiny pistol with a silencer. Her expression was rock solid. She walked forward and jumped out of the truck, picking up Leo's body. She threw him into the back of the truck and glared at Julia. She reached at something on his belt and threw it to Julia. Keys. She quickly unlocked her handcuffs and stood up.

"Why?" Julia asked.

"Shut up." Piper retorted. "We're not finished yet." She said as she picked up Leo's pistol and threw it to Julia. "You know how to use one of these?" She asked. Julia nodded indifferently. "Aim, squeeze, repeat." She said. "You go around the passenger side and take out Vex. I got Alan." She said as she walked around the side of the truck, staying low to the ground. Julia hopped out of the truck and began making her way towards the passenger door.

"Am I really about to do this?" She asked herself, as she reached the door and popped up. No one was inside. She was only greeted by Piper's confused face on the other side.

"Motherfucker." Piper said. "Run. Run!" She yelled as she took off running away from the truck. Julia quickly followed behind her.

"Where are we going?" Julia wheezed.

"The lumber mill. That's where they'll have-" Piper said, but suddenly stopped as she gripped her neck and fell to the ground. "Fuck!" She yelled in pain as she rolled on the ground clawing at her neck. Julia didn't see any blood, but it seemed to hurt a lot. Julia stopped. She quickly ran back to Piper.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Julia asked.

"You... You came back for me." Piper said deliriously.

"What's wrong with you're neck? Let me see." Julia said as she pulled Piper's hands away revealing a dart sticking out of her neck. She grabbed the dart and pulled it out. "Come one Piper, let's go." Julia said. Piper did not answer and Julia slightly slapped her cheek. "Hey, wake up. We need to go." Julia said, but Piper wouldn't respond. "Don;t do this to me damn it!" Julia yelled.

"Hey sweetheart, leaving so soon?" A gruff voice spoke. Julia turned and in horror saw Alan standing a few yards away, casually walking forward. Julia stood and ran in the opposite direction but ran straight into something. She looked up and saw it was Vex. Who gripped her shoulder and pulled out a needle, jabbing it into her neck. Julia yelped in pain as she almost imminently felt a rush of drowsiness. Vex pushed her to the ground, her vision already fleeting.

"You know." Alan said as he crouched right next to Julia, his voice sounding miles away though. "You probably would've gotten away if you didn't come back for that bitch." He said, those words seemed to echo in Julia's mind as she quickly drifted away from consciousness.

Chad Sparks

"Yeah, fine. Lead the way." Chad said.

"Right this way, my kind sir." Alina joked as she walked across the street into the parking lot, Chad right behind her. She pulled out her keys and hit a button, a nearby car chirped and she pulled the door open. It was an old Volkswagen golf. Chad walked over to the passenger door and got in. Alina started the engine and pulled out onto the road.

"You're pretty good at what you do." Alina said.

"What?" Chad asked confused.

"I meant baseball. Sorry. You're pretty good at it." She said.

"Thanks." Chad said.

"How long have you been playing?" She asked.

"Since I was seven." Chad said. "A few years ago, I almost won the state championship." He added.

"I remember that." Alina said. "You lost by like two points?" She asked.

"Yeah. You should've seen the look on my dad's face. He wouldn't talk to me for days." Chad said.

"Man. That sounds rough." Alina said.

"Eh. It was almost like a vacation. All he ever talked about was baseball. But, that's behind us now." Chad said.

"That's good." Alina said. "It really sucks when a family is torn apart by something stupid. You should've seen my family when my brothers were in football." Alina said.

"They were some good players. What happened to them?" Chad asked.

"I don't really know. I guess they just didn't want to play anymore." Alina said.

"That sucks..." Chad said. "You were on the swim team weren't you?"

"Yeah. I was. They always said I was one of the best." Alina said.

"Why aren't you on the team anymore?" He asked.

"Sports don't last all year dufus." She joked.

"True enough." Chad said.

"I tried out for cheer leading though." She said.

"Really? I could see it." Chad said. "How'd it go?"

"Alright, I guess..." She said. "I don't really know if I'm cut out to be a cheerleader though. Maybe I should just stick to what I'm good at instead of trying to push the envelope. What do you think?" She asked. Chad didn't respond and she looked over to him and rolled her eyes. He was slumped against the window snoring. "Am I that boring?" She asked him jokingly.

“Hey, Wake up.” He heard someone say, and then he felt a nudging in his ribs. He opened his eyes and looked around. “You fell asleep.” She said.

“This is it?” Chad asked.

“Yes.” Alina said. It was a small diner, that had been here almost as long as the town itself. Beck’s Diner is what the neon sign read.

“Very…” Chad said, looking for words. “Quaint.”

“Trust me, you’ll love it.” Alina said as she opened the door and got out. Chad followed and they walked in. The place was bustling with music, laughter and small talk. The place was mostly full of people from the high school.

“I’m going to go hang with my friends over there. I’m sure someone like you has a lot of friends.” Alina said as she walked away and took a seat in a booth with a bunch of other girls.

“Chad?” A voice said behind him. Chad nearly recoiled when he saw Brian standing right behind him. He looked pretty bad, just about like Chad did. Chad nervously shifted his weight to his other leg as he looked at Brain. “Look man…” Brian trailed. “I know I was wrong to go off on you. I was scared and pretty pissed. I wanted someone to blame, and you were just the closest person.” Brain said. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry. I don’t want to let this rip us apart. You totally covered my ass from those cops and I know it. I can’t thank you enough for that man.” He said, then stuck out his hand. “So what do you say? Bygones be bygones?”

Choice

[Accept apology]

[Deny]

• edited September 2015

[Accept apology] Brian sounds honest and aside from that, I would have probably reacted in a similar way in his situation. No need to make things worse for Chad.

Also, damn it Julia. She almost made it, if not for that fuckers Alan and Vex. Although, at least she tried to escape and at least that Leo guy can't cause trouble anymore. I guess staying silent wouldn't have resulted in that awesome Julia/Piper team up. Speaking about Piper, she's cool and while it is bad that she and Julia are both captured now, I guess coming back for her resulted in Julia winning a new badass friend, which can't be a bad thing to have in future parts.

Julia Carter Julia gazed at Piper, struggling to maintain her composure. She'd hit a nerve somewhere. "Piper." Julia said. "Look at me

• [Accept apology] Whenever I hear (or read for that matter) the word "bygones," I instantly think of a scene from The 100 lol. Anyway, Brian was devastated in the moment so I wouldn't hold it against him.

Julia Carter Julia gazed at Piper, struggling to maintain her composure. She'd hit a nerve somewhere. "Piper." Julia said. "Look at me

• Whenever I hear (or read for that matter) the word "bygones," I instantly think of a scene from The 100 lol.

It's been a while since I've seen that show. Refresh my memory.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Accept apology] Whenever I hear (or read for that matter) the word "bygones," I instantly think of a scene from The 100 lol. Anyway, Brian was devastated in the moment so I wouldn't hold it against him.

• When Murphy returns he says bygones to one of the guys who tried to hang him and is currently sick with that illness. Later he killed him. I don't know, it just makes me think of that whenever I hear the word.

Whenever I hear (or read for that matter) the word "bygones," I instantly think of a scene from The 100 lol. It's been a while since I've seen that show. Refresh my memory.

• [Accept apology]

• [Accept apology] Seems sincere enough. Hopefully breakfast won't interfere with the vigil, another thing Chad will have to carpool to. Maybe.

Julia's situation starts off bad and doesn't look to be brightening up any time soon, which worries me. Like a lot.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.