Handsome Jack's disappointing reaction at being dead.

I just replayed Episode 2 for TftB and i noticed something really odd with Jack's first appearence in the episode, he is surprised he is dead because Nakayama made an AI of him back on The Pre-Sequel and obviously hearing "Hey sorry buddy but your real self is dead...like really dead, sorry man" would make him raise a thousand questions...
What happened to Hyperion?
Did the original 4 vault hunters die?
Did i open the Vault of the Warrior?
Did Half Life 3 come out?
Of course he...surprisingly never asks any of these...for some reason, but there should be something more important than the Vault or Hyperion: Angel.

For those who never played Borderlands 1 and/or 2, (and btw spoilers for both of those titles) Angel is Handsome Jack's Daughter, which is a Siren that is powering the Vault Key for the Vault of the Warrior with Eridium so Handsome Jack can open it and unleash the Warrior upon Pandora. Did you get all that? No? Look, its his daughter and she's a siren, boom.

However he never asks about her in TftB, it would make for some emotional moments with Jack so the player can either tell him what happened and feel more connected with him or have the option to lie to him and say she's ok to not break his heart (again), this could make up for an interesting scene.

Maybe we'll get some questions from him in Episode 4, since were going to Helios and he's going to be reminded of the events of TPS, but i said the same thing on Episode 2, "What if he asks about this or this?", it got me thinking the 4 months of waiting for Episode 2 and i was very disappointed.

Is Jack gonna ask about Angel? Is Rhysha confirmed? Is Loader Bot Gortys's lost father? Find out in the next episode of Tales from the Borderlands, coming in 3 months.

Comments

• My guess is that 1) Rhys has told him about Hyperion off- screen 2) he doesn't give a flying fuck about the Bault hunters for now, he just wants to get back to Helios and train for new abs. Also yes, Gortys is the product of a sexual relationship between Loader Bot, Glados, Clap Trap and Clank. Do robots need a four people sex to get a child? Yes they do. Is it normal that it is a three man one woman kind? Not so much but it can do.

• Jack knew he was shot in the sternum so he also knows about Angel's death, because that happened first. It is just an assumption that the AI (which was stated as being just a prototype and was going to be worked on)is who Rhys is conversing with. Why would Jack open up and suddenly start talking about his daughter to Rhys? He didn't talk about her or his wife to any one, he killed someone for just bringing up the subject of his wife.
    Whatever emotions Jack has is covered up by a thick protective layer of bravado and arrogance, I doubt he is going to lower his shield for Rhys.

• I don't want to say "I told you so", but...yeah Jack doesn't know she's dead in E4, he said something like "After this i should check up on her".

Jack knew he was shot in the sternum so he also knows about Angel's death, because that happened first. It is just an assumption that the AI

Sign in to comment in this discussion.