Here are most of the spoilers from Fables 150!

2»

Comments

• Just thought I'd throw my two cents here on two things I keep seeing come up. Firstly I don't think Bigby restored himself with love as some keep suggesting. I believe, if I recall correctly, that in issue 149, Rose Red, having taken control of the glass ring, is simply allowing Bigby to return to normal so she can use him later to assassinate Snow. We see in issue 150 that she still has complete control over him and it isn't until she returns the ring to him that he truly becomes himself again. My second point is regarding Geppetto, and this stems simply from a possible interpretation of the last panel in the final Geppetto story. My theory here is that the wooden army doesn't actually exist, and Geppetto has simply gone mad with longing for his empire back. Now I am not wholly committing to this idea as, to my mind, the last panel is somewhat ambiguous simply from it's perspective. It may be a zoom/change in perspective on Geppetto, leaving the wooden men out of the shot, but, to me, it seems that the zoom/change isn't quite close enough to do that and that there should still be wooden men in the bottom of the panel or even advancing forward with Geppetto, though they could be moving backwards to gather. Again, however, there is enough evidence against to make this simply conjecture (like the whole plot with Sir Woldred), but I like to think, if true, it is a fate well deserved of The Adversary. Fables is one of the single best things I have ever read. Start to finish I loved it all and everything it has created.

• so why is bilgy alive magic? O:

HazzatheMan posted: »

Oh yes!! XD Even after 1000 years, they are still together (the finale of the book takes place 1000 years after Rose leaves...)

• I'm still mad we didn't get to see who truly would have won, Beast in his full Beast form against Bigby in his full wolf form.

And I hated how they made Beast lose his curse.

• i mean why is bigby alive magic or?

so why is bilgy alive magic? O:

• Basically yes. His Fate declares that he will outlive all 7 of his children.

i mean why is bigby alive magic or?

• edited April 2016
    HazzatheMan posted: »

Basically yes. His Fate declares that he will outlive all 7 of his children.

• I totally agree with you about how the last main story arc was severely disappointing and probably the worst arc in the series. I mean they really do some serious damage to Rose Red's character by actually making her plan to kill the family she loved in one of the most cruelest ways possible. Another thing about that arc that bugs me is how Cinderella and Frau Totenkinder/Bellflower were both killed off since there didn't even end up being a fight between Snow White and Rose Red anyway. So two of the best characters were both killed off for practically no reason.

Another thing that disappointed me about the ending arc is how little Nurse Spratt aka Leigh Duglas was involved and under used. It felt like she and Brandish were building up to something bigger at first since we saw them train together so much after Mr. Dark's demise. Then we see how Duglas had re-infiltrated the Fable community and then found a way to control Bigby after Brandish had killed him. It almost seemed like she was working on a master plan to get her revenge on the Fable community and was slowly gaining Mr. Dark's powers. It felt like she would have taken over and become the next big antagonist until whatever arc was planned for her was just made into part of the fight between Snow White and Red Rose. All the potential of with her was wasted and just lead to Rose taking her ring and suddenly going out of character and deciding to use her friend/relative to kill the kids she used to love and babysit. I don't know about anyone else, but I would have preferred if the final arc was more about defeating Spratt/Duglas after she had gained enough of Mr. Dark's powers to become a threat and still controlled Bigby. Or at the very least was somehow influencing/manipulating the fight between Snow White and Red Rose with magic from Mr. Dark kinda like how Mr. Dark could influence Bigby and Beast's hostile nature. I think that would have been more interesting than what we got.

I will say that side stories and final stories for certain characters were really touching though and did help make for the whole Snow vs Rose arc that seemed pretty pointless.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.