Will S&M Season 3 use the ToMI Engine?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Sources say that telltale will actually use new direct controls to season 3. I don't mind using that, especially in ToMI, cause with the mouse controls to me, it was impossible, but when i found out about the keyboard controls, i was, like "HALLEUHA" and such. It might take out a bit of fun in the point-n-click genre, but its the fun that counts, right?
  • edited August 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    So you find the controls smooth, fluid, and excellent when playing an RPG or FPS, but completely unusable if it's an adventure game, where your movement barely matters?

Yes I find it unusable cos I'm just kicking back when playing an adventure game and just want to use 2 things: my right hand and a mouse.

Is that clear enough for you?
  • edited August 2009
    manicm wrote: »
    Yes I find it unusable cos I'm just kicking back when playing an adventure game and just want to use 2 things: my right hand and a mouse.

Is that clear enough for you?

How is it any less relaxing to have your left hand resting on the keyboard, occasionally moving a character around, instead of dangling loosely?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    How is it any less relaxing to have your left hand resting on the keyboard, occasionally moving a character around, instead of dangling loosely?

It makes a difference if you lean back and just have mouse and mouse pad beside you, or you have to balance a keyboard somewhere on your lap as well.

That's where mouse dragging comes in handy, although I would use it as well if i didn't play leaning back and relaxing on my couch.
  • edited August 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    It makes a difference if you lean back and just have mouse and mouse pad beside you, or you have to balance a keyboard somewhere on your lap as well.

That's where mouse dragging comes in handy, although I would use it as well if i didn't play leaning back and relaxing on my couch.

Am I the only person who plays PC games on a monitor anymore? This is a non-issue when you have a keyboard tray that slides out, I can lean back as far as I want and my hand still rests on my keyboard comfortably.
  • edited September 2009
    Am I the only person who plays PC games on a monitor anymore? This is a non-issue when you have a keyboard tray that slides out, I can lean back as far as I want and my hand still rests on my keyboard comfortably.

I play them on my monitor too and I think ToMI plays completey different than any real adventure game using point & click (it doesnt feel bad and is very enjoyable, but thats because its Monkey Island).

Honestly, if it wasnt Monkey Island (which is THE holy grail of adventure games) I´d not play it as I like to relax when playing adventures, leaning back and just enjoying the show.

But lets see what happens. Maybe S&M3 will make less harsh compromises to please the console crowd than ToMI and will use traditional controls (and higher resolution textures / more detailled scenes & characters ;)).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.