Vasquez...

Why did he have to die? :( I dont see why he wouldnt team up with Vallory, at least he is genuinely hilarious unlike August

Comments

• Honestly I'd say it was because he was voiced by Patrick Warburton and they had some kind of contract thing happening.

That's what Im thinking unless we hear Vasquez in an echolog or something in ep 4

• Well speaking from a story standpoint, Val had to make it clear she means business and isn't about to hesitate if she's displeased. Our group was only saved from her brutality because of Athena and August is her son so she's not about to shoot him. Vasquez was the only/best option to shoot first since he had already displeased her once (that we know of) already and besides being loose business partners didn't have any special/unique ties to Val.

• i kind of miss him but he tried to kill Rhys and Vaugh how many times now? He also killed that guy Henderson and threw him of an airlock so I guess he will be less trouble.

• I think he kind of served his purpose as an early threat to Vaughn and Rhys, driving them to desperate means. I liked him too, but he would have been very hard to take seriously from the third episode and onwards. Wallethead, hehe.

I'm thinking Vallory might have had more reason to kill him than just the old "you've outlived your usefulness" too. Knowing Hyperion, she probably thought that it was best to cut all ties as soon as it became clear, or at least began seeming likely, that she was on the trail of a real Vault. As a company they would have cut her out of THAT deal at first opportunity, as they already tried once, and I don't think she has the kind of clout it takes to stand up to Hyperion's undivided attention without also having to share the Vault. Better kill her idiot contact before he could report the authenticity of the trail to his bosses and really catch their interest.

This might or might not turn out to be a mistake if the last piece of Gortys really is on Helios, as an inside man could have made it a lot easier to get to but would also have had the perfect opportunity to sell her and our guys out for his own profit.

• He brought that on himself, if he didn't Get Rhys fired then he wouldn't go into such mess.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.