Questionable moment...

So when Athena had Cassius with a sword against his neck, right after your choice is. Well. Chosen, Brick will smash through the dome and PAIN TRAIN Athena through the other side. But before this moment, I noticed how she set Cassius out of the way, as if she didn't want him to die. One logical answer would be "But Athena might want to kill all Atlas employees and wouldn't want Brick to steal the kill" BUT even before this moment, Athena held Cassius in the pose for no reason. Just stood there pointing a sword at him. Like she was ready for Brick to come in. So my question is, did Athena mean to get captured/hurt to end her contract? She sort of DID say she would be out of their hair as soon as she felt the contract was fulfilled. Maybe she wanted a cover-up to not raise confusion. Or she needed a way to get to sanctuary? Was she alert of the war coming? Many questions. Why didn't she just kill Cassius in the time she could have?

Comments

• She might have felt something coming or something...I like to think however that despite whatever Fiona says, Athena was questioning herself and her goals now that she was at the very end of her journey.

• edited August 2015

I'm not very sure that she did know that a war was coming...the Watcher did come out of nowhere.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.