Record your reactions to Episode 4?

enter image description here

On the TWDG section we did something like this with trailers, although judging by how cruel Telltale was by releasing the third episode trailer for Tales from the Borderlands on the day the episode came out, I'm not sure the idea would work here...but, for a while now I've thinking of something bigger that perhaps we could do :)

A while ago, I saw this gamer who posted a short video with a mixture of clips showing their reactions throughout a TWDG episode, with the camera facing them and the volume turned up loud enough on the TV that it was easy to tell what was going on and what it was they were reacting to. Basically it wasn't a full playthrough video like you get on youtube that can be hours long at a time, but a short video with all the 'best moments' kinda deal squeezed into it.

Considering Tales from the Borderlands is a pretty funny game, it might be a great opportunity for the community to have some fun! So I was wondering if anybody on here is interested in taking part in a reaction video thingy for Episode 4?

Basically all you'd have to do is set up your laptop or camera, and leave it recording while you play the episode, then afterwards, pick out the best moments where you reacted to some shockers or laughed your ass off at and put all of it together in one video, upload it and link it here. So like I said before, you wouldn't have to show a full playthrough, although if you're one of the pros that has the equipment to do all that properly, you're still invited to join in with this too.

The only issue I can think of right now that there might be is with recording. Aside from editing the settings so the footage isn't recorded too chunky in gigabyte [especially if you don't have much space on your computer] it might be wise to perhaps save your playthrough over a number of videos every ten to fifteen minutes or so. So if for example if you've been playing for a bit and come across a hub section, end the video and start recording with a new one. It'll just make searching through them easier later on.

Well then! Anybody brave enough to volunteer!? =D

...H...H-Hello?

Comments

• This sounds like a great idea.

Unfortunately, I won't be watching the trailer until AFTER I've played the episode. I felt as if I got more satisfaction out of Episode 3 by not watching the trailer before it, and I'll be doing the same again for Ep4.

• I love this idea! I hope people participate, I'd definitely do it if I had the means to.

• I've already been doing that! So, you can count me in. :)

• Lilac is asking for your reactions to the episode itself, not its trailer.

This sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I won't be watching the trailer until AFTER I've played the episode. I felt as if I got mor

• I wish I had a recording device >_>

• I've now just re-read it. I'm a dope xD

dojo32161 posted: »

Lilac is asking for your reactions to the episode itself, not its trailer.

• Eh. I don't know. My computer can be a total Nark and randomly say I've been using too much Ram, when I haven't if I record on Bandicam/fraps. Not too mention I have some pretty shitty headphones at the moment, so the sound quality would be awful.

• Sweeeeeet! =D

kristi78968 posted: »

I've already been doing that! So, you can count me in.

• You wanna have a go? The best video wins a free Sweet Sue's whole canned chicken! =D

I've now just re-read it. I'm a dope xD

• Oh dear lord. Not Sweet Sue's...

Lilacsbloom posted: »

You wanna have a go? The best video wins a free Sweet Sue's whole canned chicken! =D

• edited August 2015

This sounds like a fun idea! If I can get my Tales cosplay group all together and in costume at once (Fiona, Rhys, and Shirtless Vaughn) then we could totally volunteer to do this! ^.^

• A cosplay thingy? =D that sounds so cool! As Gortys would say, awesome!

Mangoloo posted: »

This sounds like a fun idea! If I can get my Tales cosplay group all together and in costume at once (Fiona, Rhys, and Shirtless Vaughn) then we could totally volunteer to do this! ^.^

• enter image description here

Oh dear lord. Not Sweet Sue's...

• edited August 2015

Sadly I can only probably record my voice but not my face because my camera was stolen by my fucking brother

• That's fine, as long as it's possible to hear what you're reacting to, it being only audio only should be okay =D

And curse your brother XD steal it back from him.

TheGeek11 posted: »

Sadly I can only probably record my voice but not my face because my camera was stolen by my fucking brother

• Why.... why is there a waffle in every picture but the gif? D:

• Sadly while I probably have the means, I don't outwardly express my emotions.

• It's fine. If you're not overly expressive it doesn't matter :) everyone's welcome regardless of how much they react.

WazzuMan posted: »

Sadly while I probably have the means, I don't outwardly express my emotions.

• edited August 2015

I have :P only one thing to say to that:

And I didn't make the gif so...

stevean2 posted: »

Why.... why is there a waffle in every picture but the gif?

• This is a great idea and I'd love to see some of them.

I'd take part myself but I have a real shit camrra/microphone and dont really 'react' outside raising my eyebrows and going "ok"

• WHY ARE THERE WAFFLES IN SPACE?! D: they'll suffocate!

I have :P only one thing to say to that: And I didn't make the gif so...

• Do you guys know what I use to capture my screen? I tied using Ice Cream screen recorder but it wouldn't work.

• Sorry, I haven't got a clue :( hopefully somebody else knows?

kaza125 posted: »

Do you guys know what I use to capture my screen? I tied using Ice Cream screen recorder but it wouldn't work.

• I have found one, it works as well :) It's got a 7 day trial as well :D

Sorry, I haven't got a clue hopefully somebody else knows?

• Don't curse his/her brother :p

That's fine, as long as it's possible to hear what you're reacting to, it being only audio only should be okay =D And curse your brother XD steal it back from him.

• Don't worry, I cursed him with waffles, he'll live =D

AgentZ46 posted: »

Don't curse his/her brother

• You don't have a camera on your computer or anything like that? :(

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I wish I had a recording device >_>

• and dont really 'react' outside raising my eyebrows and going "ok"

Bro enter image description here eyebrows are magic bro.

Miny77 posted: »

This is a great idea and I'd love to see some of them. I'd take part myself but I have a real shit camrra/microphone and dont really 'react' outside raising my eyebrows and going "ok"

• Aight, I'm going to try it and see if its interesting enough to be uploaded.

and dont really 'react' outside raising my eyebrows and going "ok" Bro eyebrows are magic bro.

• Nope D: When I get my laptop I'll get back to you on a pc camera :P

You don't have a camera on your computer or anything like that?

• JUST. DO IT.

Mangoloo posted: »

• don't worry, If I find your brother I'll kill him for you.

TheGeek11 posted: »

• Hmmmm this is very tempting! If I can get is all set up and working then I will do it! I am also working on a Rhys cosplay but it is not finished but I may wear it anyway :D

• I'm worried my laptop will blow up fi I record, and play at the same time :D

• Lol i am wondering about that too!!

kaza125 posted: »

I'm worried my laptop will blow up fi I record, and play at the same time

• If I didn't hate reaction videos, sure I'd do it. But I do hate reaction videos... so, no thanks.

• Don't you want to hate yourself and realize how pathetic you've become in doing something you despise...It's fun :)

If I didn't hate reaction videos, sure I'd do it. But I do hate reaction videos... so, no thanks.

• edited August 2015

Is that you, Shea.....Leboof? Lebeauf? Le....le.....oh, who knows...............something about memes.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

JUST. DO IT.

• I recorded my reaction, but it's BAAAAAAAADDDD! Like I forgot I was recording so the angle of my laptop's camera is all fucked up since I was laying it on my Stomach, so I'm just gonna save it to myself. I can't wait to see everyone else's reactions though :)

• I recorded mine as well :) I did it really late in the night as soon as the episode was out. And I wouldn't worry, I had some audio issues with mine [I laughed so loud it hecked up a little and makes me sound crazy XD totally worth it]

I'll probably upload mine in a couple of days, i have to convert the files and sort them out, but I look forward to seeing yours and everyone else's too =D I had way too much fun with this.

I recorded my reaction, but it's BAAAAAAAADDDD! Like I forgot I was recording so the angle of my laptop's camera is all fucked up since I wa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.