Something a lot of people haven't talked about.

You know what I like about this series that a lot of people haven't talked about, the fact that it's had a very consistent writing staff. If you look at all four episodes written so far, every episode has had a writing credit from Pierre Shorette (was the lead writer of the first two episodes and a co-writer on the last two), who also created the season story (along with Nick Herman and Mark Darin). With all of my previous Telltale experiences, I've always seen different writers constantly throughout the series, especially with Game of Thrones. Usually the main guy writes 2-3 episodes but isn't really involved with the others, this hasn't really been the case with Tales. I'm not saying this series hasn't had multiple writers, it has, but Pierre Shorette has been a staple in the writing process of every episode, which I think has definitely helped when it comes to the overall consistency in the writing quality of these episodes. Even TWD S1 alternated writers, Vanaman only did episodes 1, 3, and 5, while 2 and 4 he wasn't even involved in, so it's nice to see Telltale have some consistency in their writing staff for once, I definitely think this has helped with the series' overall success.

Comments

• Yeah, I definitely agree, I think it really added to the series' narrative and tonal cohesiveness. I feel like there's a lot more room for more natural character development when it's a predominantly similar team each episode, which really shows. It also helps the humour, too - you only have to look at the 'gun' fight (arguably one of the best jokes/scenes in the series) and realise that it stemmed from a tiny visual gag in the opening episode. There are heaps of clever callbacks like it.

enter image description here

• This is exactly what I mean, whether it's characters having better and consistent development, to small tiny gags like that, having consistent writers leads to a consistent product.

Yeah, I definitely agree, I think it really added to the series' narrative and tonal cohesiveness. I feel like there's a lot more room for m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.