So why does Vaughn...

Get angry at Rhys when he mentions having children?

enter image description here

I can't find a video of it, but his tone of voice when he says that actually sounds quite pissed? Which is weird because in ep2(I think) Vaughn says something similar to Rhys about how they'll have a lot of stories to tell their kids.

And Rhys looks really taken aback....

Comments

• I got this dialogue too! I ended up rewinding because I didn't like how it played out...he was so chill and then got SUPER pissed about it...

I am also curious as to why he freaked out at me...

• I think it would ruin his abs, to focus on children.

Though seriously, I have no idea.

• Huh, that seems quite odd. In episode 2, Vaughn was talking about all of the stuff they had done so far, and it would be great stories to tell their grand kids. Now he doesn't even want Kids? Seems fishy.

• Telltale probably just made a mistake or something.

• Out of the entire episode I found this part the weirdest (yes, even surpassing the tour group and shootout). Vaughn's out burst is completely out of nowhere.

The only reasoning I can think of is the theory that Vaughn will become a psycho? Maybe this dialogue was supposed to show how Vaughn doesn't want a normal life anymore? Because I told him he belonged on Pandora, and he completely agreed with me saying that he was happy there. Maybe in episode 5 we have the choice to let Vaughn stay on Pandora and this dialogue is supposed to let us justify letting him stay there?

• Wow, I haven't seen that before - as you and everyone else said, it's super bizarre after the "these are the kinds of stories we'll tell our kids" line in ep 2.

There's got to be some sort of significance, right?

• Duh, they're married. Vaughn's tellin' his man how it is.

• enter image description here

Duh, they're married. Vaughn's tellin' his man how it is.

• Maybe he will become badass bandit and hide his indentity. He could even to manage to get Conference Call gun. (See where I'm going with it?)

Out of the entire episode I found this part the weirdest (yes, even surpassing the tour group and shootout). Vaughn's out burst is completel

• I think I would have to go with DanceDudeDance's explanation, as Vaughn has gotten to the point where he's not interested in a normal life and prefers Pandora.

• There have been a lot of little moments with Vaughn that make me wonder/worry about him and his relationship to Rhys. Any sort of perceived discord makes me super upset because even if everything else goes to s**t, I really need the two of them to stay super-bros forever.

• So, having just played that scene for myself and having heard how it's delivered - I actually think it's a joke!

Like they're an old married couple? My knee-jerk reaction was to laugh rather than be taken aback by it. After all, Rhys does say our kids - it's a fitting reply.

I think its downfall is the line in episode 2 which obviously goes completely against it.

• I also thought about this...hmmmmm

Maybe he will become badass bandit and hide his indentity. He could even to manage to get Conference Call gun. (See where I'm going with it?)

• enter image description here

• I was half expecting it to turn into a joke and have Vaughn say something like "It would RUIN my figure!"

So, having just played that scene for myself and having heard how it's delivered - I actually think it's a joke! Like they're an old marr

• edited August 2015

This is weird. Weird but interesting.

Vaughn is still such a mysterious character to me, I mean, we know so much about him, yet so little:

He clearly is really insecure about himself, he has neat (but unexpected) abs, he is so worried about being a pushover and he really wants to be noticed when he actually does something "cool" and dangerous. He seems to like Rhys a lot (they are broest of bros) but he also envies him.

And now this? "i don't want kids"?? what this all means?? I just wonder if all of this information will lead to something. And I know, I know, maybe this doesn't necessarily lead to anything, maybe this is just a normal character development, maybe I'm looking way too much into this, maybe I'm being captain obvious here...but there has to be something fishy about him. I don't believe that he's the stranger anymore but...I dunno, I want that Vaughn will do something shocking.

Or maybe, just like @HandsomeJack said, this line was just meant to be a joke and I'm making a fool of myself. :(

• I dunno this scene didn't feel like a joke to me...unless my memory is failing me here and I need to go re-re-replay this part, but usually after something like this Vaughn should smile or laugh to lighten the mood if it was a joke and he didn't.

Rhys seemed to be joking, then Vaughn got really offended and Rhys looked like he messed up for saying it...if this was a joke then it was a very awkward one that made me feel very uncomfortable

nohuhhuh posted: »

This is weird. Weird but interesting. Vaughn is still such a mysterious character to me, I mean, we know so much about him, yet so little

• It was episode 1 btw. Right after they enter the world of curiosities

Huh, that seems quite odd. In episode 2, Vaughn was talking about all of the stuff they had done so far, and it would be great stories to tell their grand kids. Now he doesn't even want Kids? Seems fishy.

• I remember seeing a cute comic where it starts off with them playing a game called "gay chicken" ends up with them getting married, and then growing old together. Honestly? it was pretty emotionally sweet.

• Also in ep 2 while he's screaming about feeling alive, I think?

stevean2 posted: »

It was episode 1 btw. Right after they enter the world of curiosities

• I was as shocked by his reaction as Rhys was. This has to mean something, because it's a totally different Vaughn than we have seen before.

So, having just played that scene for myself and having heard how it's delivered - I actually think it's a joke! Like they're an old marr

• that took a drastic turn

stevean2 posted: »

I remember seeing a cute comic where it starts off with them playing a game called "gay chicken" ends up with them getting married, and then growing old together. Honestly? it was pretty emotionally sweet.

• And now he calls his followers Children of Helios.

• Mystery remains unsolved...till season 2? DLC? Please telltale???

jarmoksk posted: »

And now he calls his followers Children of Helios.

• How did you get this scene? Vaughn completely disappeared from my game at the end of episode 3 before vallory showed up and hasn't showed back up until episode 5? O.o

• If you tell Athena to kill Cassuis after the battle he gives Vaughn to Vallory then he'll be with you. Once you get to Old Haven say "this is a story we'll tell our kids" or some dialogue choice related to Rhys talking about his future kids and you'll get this scene.

How did you get this scene? Vaughn completely disappeared from my game at the end of episode 3 before vallory showed up and hasn't showed back up until episode 5? O.o

• Vaughn forgot

• oohk gotcha xD

If you tell Athena to kill Cassuis after the battle he gives Vaughn to Vallory then he'll be with you. Once you get to Old Haven say "this i

• No doubt it's just one more thing Telltale was setting up for but abandoned for some unknown reason. They've been doing that a lot lately.

• edited November 2015

What? How was Vaughn's excited reaction of getting into danger setting up anything in Episode 2? It's played up more as a funny bit of character growth and in this scene, it's played up more as a joke or the fact that Vaughn may have changed his mind about having kids, that happens to people.

You've been a bit of a salt man on the TFtB forum lately.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No doubt it's just one more thing Telltale was setting up for but abandoned for some unknown reason. They've been doing that a lot lately.

• Sorry, I realize I've been complaining a lot lately and it's probably annoying a lot of people. I was just really disappointed with the finale so there's quite a few things I'm not happy with.

I just felt like something was going on with Vaughn and was really worried about the direction his character was headed (I'm not the only one). But now it's as if everything was fine and absolutely nothing onimous was going on with his character.

J-Master posted: »

What? How was Vaughn's excited reaction of getting into danger setting up anything in Episode 2? It's played up more as a funny bit of chara

• LMAO

that took a drastic turn

• edited November 2015

I thought Telltale did a great job with Vaughn, Pandora gradually changed him so now he's used to its harsh environment and knows it more than he used to which eventually led him to become a bandit boss but he still has those dorky character traits cause he wouldn't be Vaughn without them. His whole arc was trying to get out of the S1 group's shadow of being the black sheep and I thought it paid off extremely well.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Sorry, I realize I've been complaining a lot lately and it's probably annoying a lot of people. I was just really disappointed with the fina

• See, its funny cuz now he leads the children of Helios.

Hue, hue hue.

• Pretty sure it's a joke gone weird from both our perspective and Rhys.

• maybe vaughn doesn't want a hyperion child, they most certainly would be a total douche, who knows maybe a pandoran child (vasha) may be more to his liking

• Yeah it was meant to be a joke because of how he's always mentioning the stories they'll tell their children and it's definitely not what you'd expect him to say when picking this choice. Lol. People took it too seriously though. xD

• Heyo, first person I've seen use Doug as their avatar besides me. At first I was like I've never commented on this thread before. Took me like 30 seconds to actually read the name and realize.

I dunno this scene didn't feel like a joke to me...unless my memory is failing me here and I need to go re-re-replay this part, but usually

• Cuz he's gay... o.O

Sign in to comment in this discussion.