So, can we talk about Vaughn for a minute?

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

Watch the first part of Cryaotic's playthrough.

Flog61 posted: »

Any vid of the scene you get with Vaughn if you try to let Athena murder Cassius?

• Actually if you let Athena try to murder cassius he fully appears for 2 scenes.

shioku posted: »

I'm really worried about Vaughn, i'm really are because I love this tiny nerd and if something wrong happened to him i'm gonna die in pieces

• I read all of that....then found that...hell

enter image description here

• edited August 2015

Oh no... This reminds me of that Nick fan art...

TellTale...

Leluch123 posted: »

I read all of that....then found that...hell

• edited August 2015

Really? What does he do? Is there a video of it?

Nevermind I should just have kept reading the thread.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Actually if you let Athena try to murder cassius he fully appears for 2 scenes.

• Vaughn concerns me as well, but what you just expressed was super depressing! Would Telltale... ok they probably would. Now you've got me even more worried :(

• Yeah it seems like they are phasing him out of the story. When he was asking Fiona what he could do in episode 3, I felt kind of bad. He was listing all he couldn't do but he still wanted to help however he could. They just left him with Cassius some dude they didn't know. It's kind of messed up that in order to interact with Vaughn more you have to make some "questionable" choices in episodes 3 & 4.

• Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's called the Reaver's Edge?

cussbunny posted: »

Wait, what? Are you just conjecturing or did I miss a bit of plot development somewhere?

• My "questionable choices" playthrough has now become my main one, mostly because we get more Vaughn interactions (which isn't enough as it is)...

JustVerde posted: »

Yeah it seems like they are phasing him out of the story. When he was asking Fiona what he could do in episode 3, I felt kind of bad. He was

• That picture sends a fucking chill up my spine

• He hands vaughn over at gunpoint to valory

Abeille posted: »

Really? What does he do? Is there a video of it? Nevermind I should just have kept reading the thread.

• That picture is kinda disturbing but freaking awsome too

• What kind of questionable choices?

Yeah it seems like they are phasing him out of the story. When he was asking Fiona what he could do in episode 3, I felt kind of bad. He was

• It's actually Bessie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's called the Reaver's Edge?

• www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACSAcJT-Psc

Just in case you still want it :)

Really? What does he do? Is there a video of it? Nevermind I should just have kept reading the thread.

• Also he has a few scenes with rhys when they seach for vazques body. He gives you the choice of wether to escape or not and if fiona dosent cooperate he gets tortured.

Nolonius posted: »

He hands vaughn over at gunpoint to valory

• Letting Jack help you at the end of episode 2 AND telling siding with Athena to kill Cassius in episode 3.

What kind of questionable choices?

• Oooh ok, well they were not that quastionable in my opinion but I can understand that one might find them questionable

Letting Jack help you at the end of episode 2 AND telling siding with Athena to kill Cassius in episode 3.

• This is actually very thought out. I'm very worried for him too.

• I agree entirely. I like Vaughn and always feel like he's just the butt of the joke. Awkward and nobody listens to him. You get ONE option to be nice to him as Fiona in episode one then from then on Fiona and Sasha roll their eyes at him, and all I thought was "this is my bud, why are you all being assholes to him". Not to mention he doesnt seem to be coping with everything normally. He freaks out one minute then is overly thrilled the next, Pandora is clearly affecting him a lot.

• Guys what happens if you tell Vaughn not to escape in ep 4?

• I'm really worried about him.

He's one of my favs.

• It's probably just that Chris Hardwick didn't have a chance to do a lot of lines for this episode. He is probably the busiest of the voice actors in terms of workload.

• We can talk about Vaughn for more than a minute, evidently... Let's type about him for hours!

• Nothing, he's just still held hostage. He seems to try to contact Rhys later, but doesn't manage to say anything.

Guys what happens if you tell Vaughn not to escape in ep 4?

• Yeah, I fully acknowledge this is a problem for me. Please don't ever ask me how I feel about game of thrones.

Killabyte posted: »

We can talk about Vaughn for more than a minute, evidently... Let's type about him for hours!

• I'm worried about him too, what's with the drakefruit? He sounded so disoriented. Right now I don't feel like he'll betray us, but he might become a psycho.

• This is the second time you are pointing this out I kinda want to ask you about game of thrones

Yeah, I fully acknowledge this is a problem for me. Please don't ever ask me how I feel about game of thrones.

• Either of these would break my heart. He is my absolute favourite character.

Forgive my lack of knowledge of Borderlands, but how does one becomes a psycho?

SoMuchSass posted: »

I'm worried about him too, what's with the drakefruit? He sounded so disoriented. Right now I don't feel like he'll betray us, but he might become a psycho.

• Haha, I didn't remember I'd said that before but I will take your word for it that it is buried somewhere up there in that avalanche of word vomit that came out of me at 4 AM.

Part of me is like "oh god please don't I have things I need to do with the rest of my day" but part of me kinda wants to seize on the opportunity that someone may be mildly interested in the 75,000 word disjointed rambly think piece I have constantly floating in my head enough to listen.

If Vaughn is a candle GoT is the sun, you should probably spare us both.

This is the second time you are pointing this out I kinda want to ask you about game of thrones

• Dammit im a bit scared but on the other hand im curios

Haha, I didn't remember I'd said that before but I will take your word for it that it is buried somewhere up there in that avalanche of word

• Well, I'm no expert either, but if I'm correct they simply go batshit crazy because of the lifestyle on Pandora. I hope Vaughn won't become one, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Either of these would break my heart. He is my absolute favourite character. Forgive my lack of knowledge of Borderlands, but how does one becomes a psycho?

• Even as a Borderlands veteran, we still don't know exactly how someone becomes a psycho. Although one marauder turned into a psycho because he was dumb enough to use a cursed (or ultra-annoying) talking gun as his primary weapon, psychos are implied to have abusive childhoods and many of them are Pandoran natives.

Either of these would break my heart. He is my absolute favourite character. Forgive my lack of knowledge of Borderlands, but how does one becomes a psycho?

• Hopefully Telltale won't do anything harsh on him, which they probably will :(

• He does start to fade out of the story. I hope they won't kill him off. I want Vaughn to be a playable VH in Borderlands 3, that seems likely, right?

• He could be a Psycho...who is also a sniper.

Although we don't really know that much about his weapon preferences, he mentions buying Bessie from the gun shop in Episode 1, if you let the "What's the first thing you're gonna buy" conversation go on for a bit.

He does start to fade out of the story. I hope they won't kill him off. I want Vaughn to be a playable VH in Borderlands 3, that seems likely, right?

• But I loved that gun! :D

LawmanZero posted: »

Even as a Borderlands veteran, we still don't know exactly how someone becomes a psycho. Although one marauder turned into a psycho because

• I love Vaughn! And I'm a little worried about him and how he'll react to Rhys' sudden rise to power (in my playthrough) and Yvette or course they were best friends too.

• You deserve a 21-gun-salute, honors and a handshake because you are one of the few Vault Hunters that have high enough endurance to NOT throw that gun into the Guardian Slag Heap/Mt. Hellsfont on TVHM.

SoMuchSass posted: »

But I loved that gun!

• Hahah thanks.. I guess :D But my favourite was the Shotgun 1340, it actually says "enhance".

Just for you, a special video (warning! it's nightmarish):
    enter link description here

LawmanZero posted: »

You deserve a 21-gun-salute, honors and a handshake because you are one of the few Vault Hunters that have high enough endurance to NOT throw that gun into the Guardian Slag Heap/Mt. Hellsfont on TVHM.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.