Fiona..

So apparently Fiona is a Vault Hunter now. What do you guys think of that?

Comments

• It's cool and all but it feels kinda forced, especially since Fiona in my play through has been against using violence to solve her problems. I do want to play as her in BL3 though so I don't mind too much.

• For me, I have a mixed opinion about it. On the positive side, she becomes more badass. On the negative side, she become less relatable.

• I like it, and I would love it if she ended up becoming one of the Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3.

• edited August 2015

Well, it's a cool thing they are introducing a new vault hunter this way, since I really think there is hardly ever enough characterization of the playable characters in the actual games, but I am a bit unimpressed as well, since Fiona is basically my least favorite character in the game and I am almost certain I wouldn't play as her in BL3

Also, I would really hate for anyone else beside her to become a vault hunter. Especially Rhys. Rhys should be the antagonist, supporting antagonist or at least a major NPC, but not a vault hunter. Or, if he is actually gonna seek vaults, let him be like Jack. Jack sought to open the vault and use its contents despite not being a vault hinter himself. That would be fine for Rhys as well.

• Just curious, why's Fiona your least favorite?

Well, it's a cool thing they are introducing a new vault hunter this way, since I really think there is hardly ever enough characterization

• since I am having to say that quite often, I hope you don't mind that I quote myself from another thread.

It's her story, character and game mechanic. On one side, you have this funny and ambitious company man who has to fend in a new, hostile environment, accompanied by an holographic projection of his dangerous and charismatic idol while also being equiped with an ECHO eye and a robotic arm. You also have access to Loaderbot. On the other side there is this con artist who has lived her entire life on Pandora. There is a bit of drama regarding her foster father, but that got easily resolved in the first episode by killing him off. To make matters worse, she has to share her spotlight with her sister, who has the same thing going for her like Fiona does, only that she does it better. She is good with guns, hot headed and hates Hyperion which does for a good conflict with Rhys who works for them. Fiona on the other hand doesn't care much about Hyperion, sucks at gunplay and only cares for money in a game in which money is nothing but a trivial mechanic to unlock some useless visuals. The most interesting trait going for her is the fact that she strives to become a vault hunter, but that will only become relevant in Borderlands 3 when new vault hunters will be playable.

KraphtuoS11 posted: »

Just curious, why's Fiona your least favorite?

• Also, I would really hate for anyone else beside her to become a vault hunter. Especially Rhys.

He won't so don't worry.

Well, it's a cool thing they are introducing a new vault hunter this way, since I really think there is hardly ever enough characterization

• good. Didn't think so anyway, just wanted to throw that in for some reason.

DeityD posted: »

Also, I would really hate for anyone else beside her to become a vault hunter. Especially Rhys. He won't so don't worry.

• So here's some things I don't think have been talked about with the whole revelation of Fiona being a VH. It seems to been a couple years since Rhys and Fiona teamed up on the Gortys project (when they're with the stranger). That means she is now probably in with the Crimson Raiders meaning she actually is a certified badass. This speaks to the level skill the Stranger has to take her down by himself/herself. Also, if the Stranger is not a Vault Hunter, it would be safe to assume that back up would be coming on Fiona's behalf, though of course they may have no idea where she is.

• On a slightly not so serious note, this does pretty much make it clear that Fiona and Rhys won't work out (based off what Athena said) but it does still leave an opening for a crack pairing: LilithxFiona

So here's some things I don't think have been talked about with the whole revelation of Fiona being a VH. It seems to been a couple years si

Sign in to comment in this discussion.