A question about Jack

So... This technically isn't about TFTB but rather about Jack in BL2 and TPS. Anyways, at the end of TPS, Jack gets the Vault symbol branded to his face and also by the looks of it blinds him in his left eye. However, in BL2 we see Jack has both eyes intact (sure, he could of gotten an ECHO eye) but at the end of the game where you kill him and look at his face his mask has flown off yet his eye is still blinded like it was before. My question is that what happened to his eye? Does his mask include a lens or something to look like he still has both eyes? Or is it a broken ECHO eye (which if it was it would probably be sparking and not look exactly like his blinded eye). I might just be overthinking about it but I want to know your opinions.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure it's the mask - I mean, that thing is pretty miraculous in the first place - HOW DOES IT MOVE WITH HIS EXPRESSIONS?!

Hyperion technology, man...

• I always thought it was kinda like the ones they use in movies these days material-wise, thats why it moves so perfectly. The eye might just be some sort of lense or something on the mask, I dunno.

I'm pretty sure it's the mask - I mean, that thing is pretty miraculous in the first place - HOW DOES IT MOVE WITH HIS EXPRESSIONS?! Hyperion technology, man...

• That's kind of how I imagine it, but I'm sure it's more high tech because it's the future and he's rich enough to have a living diamond horse, he'll damn well have a hyper-realistic mask. The eye must be a lens because the real eye is under it, but it moves as if it's normal so I often wonder if it somehow fixes his vision in that eye? I can imagine awesome technology making it look real and move as if his face is fine, I'm just not sure if it actually fixes his vision or not.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

I always thought it was kinda like the ones they use in movies these days material-wise, thats why it moves so perfectly. The eye might just be some sort of lense or something on the mask, I dunno.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2015

It's a fake eye that's part of the mask. I mean, he ain't exactly handsome if he's blinded in one eye, is he?

Whether or not he can actually see out of the fake eye, who knows? Most likely it's cosmetic since his real eye is still under the mask, but given that this is Borderlands we're talking about...

• Judging by how far we're into the future, that mask could have granted him vision again.

Deltino posted: »

It's a fake eye that's part of the mask. I mean, he ain't exactly handsome if he's blinded in one eye, is he? Whether or not he can actua

Sign in to comment in this discussion.