Your Favorite Vault Hunters

Title says everything.

Borderlands 1: Mordecai and Brick

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Athena, Wilhelm, and Timothy

Borderlands 2: Axton, Krieg, and Maya

Comments

• Let me think about it... Don't want to make a mistake.

• You should be grateful that at least one of them hugged you.

Let me think about it... Don't want to make a mistake.

• It's surprising!

You should be grateful that at least one of them hugged you.

• I have to say Wilhelm is my all time favorite, along with being a pretty funny character, his Wolf and Saint skill saved my life numerous times during The Pre Sequel. Some other good ones are Zer0 (his dialogue is the absolute best), Axton (for his turret), and Roland (also for his turret)

• Borderlands- Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Roland

Borderlands 2- Maya, Gaige, Krieg

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- Athena

• Gaige and Zero are my top faves. Athena and Nisha are a close second and third.

• Even though I haven't played the other Borderlands games yet, I think my favorite vault hunters would have to be Zer0 and Athena.

• All time favorite?
    Athena. It's like her skilltrees and action skill are custom made just for me <3
    From other games, the best for me were....
    BL1: Lilith. Mercenary classmod+ Double anarchy smg=roflstomp everyone.
    BL2: Maya. Ability to crowd control is a life saver.

• edited September 2015

In Borderlands, I just didn't care for Mordecai or Brick. Gearbox didn't know how to effectively make a melee class for the game, though some of things he yelled did make him fun to play along side (he's my best friends favorite). Also, the fact his specialty was shotguns and rocket launchers didn't really help (I didn't use rocket launchers that much except for very select enemies and shotguns were almost completely irrelevant in the first game). Mordecai didn't have much going for. He's action skill was so weak and his passive abilities didn't add anything. I love being a sniper but I felt no benefits from choosing the supposed "sniper class" of the game. Roland's turret was very helpful for solo playthroughs but I don't have any standout memories of Roland. Then there's Lilith. Holy crap, could I wreck shit with her. Leveled her the right way, got the right mods and I could destroy so much shit. It felt so good that after all the grinding I had done with her resulted in just being so OP. Can't say too much about their personalities cause they weren't given much in the game.

For Borderlands 2, Maya was a good all-around support. She was my go to when I was in groups cause I could crowd control and be a medic. Just a solid class. Gaige's passive abilities were what set her apart. Combining anarchy and the ricochet skills was such a hilarious experience. And on top of that, she actually loses her sanity the more you stack, I just loved her so much. Deathtrap also was more than just a portable turret, the different skills you could give him were great. Krieg to put it simply is just euphoric to play as, I don't care about living or dying, I just want to kill everything and anything when I play as him, to the anger of my friends. Axton was solid class but, I just didn't fall in love with him like the previous three. Zer0......same thing as with Mordecai, he didn't offer anything ability wise that really made his sniper aspect stand out. His cloaking was really helpful in taking down bosses but other than that, I really didn't care for any of his minor skills or passive abilities. And Salvador is just the exact opposite of how I play. I mean, don't get me wrong, duel wielding rocket launchers was epic, but that would be the only way to play him in my book.

Now on to the Pre-Sequel. If you don't know, I don't have the highest opinion of this game (not the most effort put into innovating the series, felt like an after thought cash in, etc etc etc). And the characters, while were great to listen to, were not really interesting to play as. Again I repeat, I really did love the personalities just not what they offered game play wise. Nisha and Wilhelm really came off as: classes for noobs. Nisha's skill was duel-wield the same gun but with auto-aim?!?!? It felt like a dumb down Salvador. Wilhelm's Wolf and Saint I guess are like Deathrap but cheaper. First you get 2, second one heals you. Add in that there is a build that can keep them indefinitely out, you didn't need to do anything when playing that class. Fragtrap, I would've liked if there was a way to better influence the "random" ability. That and the fact I despise the whole, "oh everyone hates Claptrap cause he's the butt of every joke now" gag that BL2 created. Seriously, I still love the Claptrap's of the first game but because Anthony Burch found him annoying well I guess he has to make that everyone in the universe hates him. So thank god there was Athena. They actually managed to make an effective tank-like class, something I didn't think possibly for Borderlands. And it felt good to play as her. I didn't play as the DLC characters cause I didn't feel like wasting more money on TPS after how disapointed I was.

If you haven't realized, this is mostly about how playing them felt. Personality and dialogue played a part but because I don't really hate any of the characters I focused where I clearly could separate them.

Borderlands- Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Roland Borderlands 2- Maya, Gaige, Krieg Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- Athena

• edited September 2015

Infinite SMG ammo with a double anarchy FTWOMFG it was so epically insane WHY DID THEY NOT KEEP IT IN BL2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

add in hellfire and one of the purple acid smgs from maliwan, and either a hyperion smg or the Volcano and that was my go-to loadout

All time favorite? Athena. It's like her skilltrees and action skill are custom made just for me From other games, the best for me were..

• I love all of them... Except friggin' Aurelia. Oh my God. I can't stand that woman... Ugh. I played as Lilith, Athena, and Gaige, though, for my first playthroughs - and I actually can't imagine playing as anyone else. I will, obviously, once I finish TVHM on TPS (Athena).

My absolute favorite would have to be Lilith or Roland, hands down. It's just hard to pick, but I love them both to death.

• My all time favorite Vault Hunter remains Zer0. Mostly because he is the first character I choose and I completed Borderlands 2 with him. You can only imagined how excited I was when he was kicking ass and showed his badassery in episode 1. :)

• As characters? Definitely Timothy, cause, well, hilarious. I also like Nisha and Wilhelm, they're both cool. I guess you can see I'm partial to characters who are on Jack's side.
    I can't say I really 'like' any of the non Pre-Sequel Vault Hunters. I guess Zer0 is pretty cool, but I usually play as Axton, for the extremely shallow reason that I find him, ummm... aesthetically pleasing.

Gameplay wise? Timothy again, because of this:

enter image description here

And this:

But I also like Axton's turret... I mean... yes, his turret. Ehem.

• Borderlands 1: Mordecai is #1.
    Borderlands 2: Zer0, definitely, but i also really like Maya. I kinda wanna play the game as Gaige and Krieg too, but i don't care about Axton and Sal at all really..
    Borderlands TPS: Timothy! But i also like Athena and Nisha a lot. TPS has a lot going for it with the playable vault hunters imo

• bl1: brick bl2: krieg bltps: doppelganger(timmy)

• Maya and Athena.

• edited September 2015

Incinerator Clayton?

Borderlands- Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Lilith, Roland Borderlands 2- Maya, Gaige, Krieg Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel- Athena

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited September 2015

Roland, Salvador and Athena.

• Borderlands One:

Borderlands 2:

Pre Sequel:

• THE FIREHAWK IS EVERYWHERE! THE FIREHAWK IS A GOD OF JUSTICE, A GOD OF VENGEANCE AND RAGE AND HATE AND DEATH AND BEAUTY! IT WATCHES US FROM ON HIGH AND IT PUNISHES THE WICKED! WE MUST FEAR THE FIRE HAWK, WORSHIP THE FIREHAWK, AND LOVE THE FIREHAWK!!!!!!!!!

Incinerator Clayton?

• Roland, because his turret was awesome. I also liked the more serious personality he had in BL2. It was a nice contrast to all the craziness coming from everyone else. I also like Lilith. She says funny things. I like her humor.

For the BL2 characters Axton is hands down my favorite, due in no small part to his turret skill. Right behind him are Gaige and Zer0, both badasses.

For TPS it's Athena and Nisha.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As characters? Definitely Timothy, cause, well, hilarious. I also like Nisha and Wilhelm, they're both cool. I guess you can see I'm partial

• You will never guess who is my favorite Vault Hunter, NEVER!

• enter image description here

Axton posted: »

You will never guess who is my favorite Vault Hunter, NEVER!

• His turret, oh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As characters? Definitely Timothy, cause, well, hilarious. I also like Nisha and Wilhelm, they're both cool. I guess you can see I'm partial

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2015
    • 1)Roland
    • Pre-Sequel)Athena
    • 2)Axton

I love helper class characters, so healing/support turrets and defibrillator shields are the coolest. :) Plus they're just delightful characters (especially Axton, that lovable meathead).

• Same here!

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Maya and Athena.

• Axton, Wilhelm and Timothy

• I've only played Borderlands 1 and the Pre-sequel so far, but my favourite Vault Hunters would have to be Roland and Timothy.
    Roland because: I found his skill trees to be very balanced (and he was the only one with a healing skill) plus his turret saved my ass on multiple occasions because I played the game solo.

As for Timothy: His skill trees cater to buffing himself, rather than team mates (Effective for me because again I played the game alone) the Digi-Jacks have helped me get so many second winds and are real life savers, plus his dialog is pretty spectacular all the way throughout the game: "Aw kitty! I ruv him! :3" Another thing is having a Jack "Inspire" skill is beyond perfect.

• borderlands 1=roland and lilith
    borderlands 2=gaige and maya
    borderlands TPS=athena

• Borderlands 1: Roland

Borderlands 2: Gaige, Axton, and Maya

TPS: Timothy, Claptrap, and Athena

• Borderlands 1: Roland Borderlands 2: Maya Borderlands Pre-Sequal: Athena

• Maya, Athena, Timothy and Nisha.

• I see everyone in this thread is spelling Dr. Ted the wrong way. We all know Dr. Ted is the best vault hunter.

• edited September 2015

BL1: Lilith and Mordecai | BLPS: Nisha, Timothy and Aurelia | BL2: Maya, Zer0 and Gaige

• Maya, Athena, Gauge and Roland.

• bl1 brick
    bl2 krieg and axton
    bltps timothy i guess

• Fiona

(see see what I did there hahahah i'm sooo funny not really)

Seriously though, Athena.

Much funny!Very laugh!

buntingsir posted: »

Fiona (see see what I did there hahahah i'm sooo funny not really) Seriously though, Athena.

ZapThroat posted: »

Much funny!Very laugh!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.