Bob Gale confirmed Tom Wilson for BTTF:30th Anniversary (and enhanced graphics!)

Bob Gale confirmed Tom Wilson and enhanced graphics for Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition.
Stores say 21st of October as a release date.

Source (from 4:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLEQ3YRGUmI&feature=youtu.be&t=4m18s

Comments

• ...incredible.

That of course prompts the question: Who's eligible for retrieval... or do we need to buy again??

• I think that we'll have to buy it again....
    I really hope in a noticiable overall quality improvement on graphics and some animations, if that's the case.
    Tom Wilson alone doesn't make my wallet open.

Vainamoinen posted: »

...incredible. That of course prompts the question: Who's eligible for retrieval... or do we need to buy again??

• It'll probably be like Tales from Monkey Island situation. All versions of the game released after all five episodes were released have Earl Boen as LeChuck in all episodes, whereas the other versions still have Adam Harrington in the game. In that case, if you wanted Earl Boen in all five episodes, you had to buy the version of the game that had that, and there was no way to get it in the versions that didn't have it originally.

I'd be really surprised if it wasn't the same case here.

Vainamoinen posted: »

...incredible. That of course prompts the question: Who's eligible for retrieval... or do we need to buy again??

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited September 2015

I'm surprised to see that Tom Wilson is voicing this as i read that he hated doing Back to the Future related stuff.

I have only seen talk about the 30th anniversary edition releasing on consoles so i wonter if PC/Mac will also have the enhanced graphic version with Tom's voice.

• Telltale Games​ - what are you doing? We don't need Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Edition, we need SECOND SEASON! I'm waiting 5 years and you make just some remaster???

• Weeeeelll, we'll see if it really is "just some remaster", won't we?

Cez24 posted: »

Telltale Games​ - what are you doing? We don't need Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Edition, we need SECOND SEASON! I'm waiting 5 years and you make just some remaster???

• I'd shell out 30 bucks for an enhanced score performed by a live orchestra.

• The anniversary edition release is getting the game out there to a new generation of players. This is a smart move, as this year is actually the 5th anniversary of the first episode, and Back to the Future: The Game came out before most of the current Telltale fan base came in with The Walking Dead in 2012,

It's possible (but not certain) that the anniversary release could lead to a second season (especially if it sells well) since this new release gives exposure of the game to Telltale's current fan base, which is much larger than it was in 2010 and 2011.

Cez24 posted: »

Telltale Games​ - what are you doing? We don't need Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Edition, we need SECOND SEASON! I'm waiting 5 years and you make just some remaster???

• I can't wait for the trailer tomorrow. I'm really curious to see how they updated the visuals/animations also Tom WIlson!

• Just joined to say that it'd be absolutely pisspoor of Telltale not to update the PC version, at least with the easy stuff like new textures.

• It just feels like a quick cash grab to remarket the game for XboxOne & PS4. I will not be buying it again just for Tom Wilsons voice .. the voice actor they used was good enough.
    I'd expect a discount for people who already purchase the game here & on steam

• edited October 2015

After playing Episode 1 for a bit.
    There are :

Different Arts for photos and everything that is mad by hand.
    Biff's original actor ( Doesn't voice Kid, Biff's brothers nor Beauregard, though. ).
    Almost zero loading times.
    Some textures have been improved.

• Yup. It's nuts. Watching the documentary now and they actually managed to get Wilson back. This is awesome.

• edited October 2015

There are quite a lot of bugs though, missing textures and misplaced musics.

• This is VERY disappointing news! Bob Gale said Tom Wilson would be re-voicing "all the Tannen characters" !
    Which should include Kid Tannen.
    Is it true, you guys who have the new version of the game, that Tom is only performing Biff???

• The documentary is on the CD for new console version?
    What did Tom have to say? Why did he agree to come back?
    Is he only playing Biff?
    Cheers!

PsychoRaven posted: »

Yup. It's nuts. Watching the documentary now and they actually managed to get Wilson back. This is awesome.

• edited October 2015

I'm at episode 4 right now.
    Tom Wilson is alright for the most part. He always speaks at a higher volume than the other characters.
    Up until now, Wilson only voiced Biff, I don't know yet if he's voicing Beauregard.

UPDATE : All episodes clear. Wilson doesn't voice anyone other than Biff.

The documentary is on the digital version too, I have it

• What, no PC version? I NEED Wilson's voice.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

Yes. Kid Tannen, Cliff, and Riff's voices didn't change. I'm actually relieved that he didn't voice Kid Tannen, since Owen Thomas did such a fantastic job as Kid, it would actually be a step backwards in my opinion to change his voice actor. There's no way Tom could have topped Owen's performance.

Plus, having Cliff and Riff still voiced by Andrew Chaikin, with Tom Wilson voicing Biff, actually works better now since all three brothers no longer sound nearly identical.

MiKE42 posted: »

This is VERY disappointing news! Bob Gale said Tom Wilson would be re-voicing "all the Tannen characters" ! Which should include Kid Tannen. Is it true, you guys who have the new version of the game, that Tom is only performing Biff???

• edited October 2015

Thanks for the update and clarification Jennifer!
    Wow, for a guy who makes his living as a writer (Bob Gale) , you would think he'd have a better
    grasp of English expression. He did say "ALL" the Tannen characters would be performed
    by Tom Wilson. Apparently it`s just ONE! D'oh. :(

I myself was hoping for ALL - and surely if Tom was cast in 2010 , he would've performed
    Biff, Kid , Cliff and Riff - so I don`t see the point in bringing him back and then not using
    him to the fullest extent!
    I was especially hoping he'd play Kid! As good as Owen Thomas is, Tom Wilson should be
    the guy to play another Hill Valley ancestor of Biff, as he did when he played Buford 'Mad Dog' Tannen
    in Part III. And Griff in Part II .
    It's the way the film series works - the same actor playing multiple relatives ,throughout time.
    (See Michael J Fox playing Seamus, William, Marty Jnr and even Marlene for goodness sake lol)
    Plus Owen's performance would have lived on in the PC/Mac version.

Ah well - we`ll always have Biff.
    Cheers!
    Ps I forgot Beauregard Tannen - another one Tom should have played!
    Did TT even ask him to play the other Tannens??
    How did Bob G get it so wrong??

Jennifer posted: »

Yes. Kid Tannen, Cliff, and Riff's voices didn't change. I'm actually relieved that he didn't voice Kid Tannen, since Owen Thomas did such

• Okay, I tried to buy the PC version, but it wouldn't let me because it says I already own it (which I do.) Does that mean people who already own the PC version can upgrade for free?

• It seems the remastered version is only available for the platforms that didn't get the game when it first came out (Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One). It's not available on any other platform, as far as I know.

daltysmilth posted: »

Okay, I tried to buy the PC version, but it wouldn't let me because it says I already own it (which I do.) Does that mean people who already own the PC version can upgrade for free?

• Are there any plans to release the remastered version for PC?

It seems the remastered version is only available for the platforms that didn't get the game when it first came out (Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One). It's not available on any other platform, as far as I know.

• Not that I know of. The remaster was only ever announced for the three platforms that it has been released on.

daltysmilth posted: »

Are there any plans to release the remastered version for PC?

edited October 2015

I've noticed the other issues that you mentioned, but didn't notice the vocal level differences in my playthrough. Which version are you playing? I didn't notice the volume issues on Xbox 360. Biff's vocal level seemed to be the same as the other characters on that platform.

I wonder if it's just an issue on your platform, or if both the current generation platforms have the vocal discrepancies.

EvilRabbit2 posted: »

I'm at episode 4 right now. Tom Wilson is alright for the most part. He always speaks at a higher volume than the other characters. Up unt

• edited October 2015

I picked up the game for 360 and have been playing it without 1GB of harddrive space free (its a 20GB model). Nothing stopped me from playing, but I did notice some really low res textures. Does playing without 1GB free result in low res textures? Or is the 360 version just the odd one out of the rerelease and low res textures are to be expected?

• It's weird he didn't even do Beauregard. He originated that role on TAS.

EvilRabbit2 posted: »

I'm at episode 4 right now. Tom Wilson is alright for the most part. He always speaks at a higher volume than the other characters. Up unt

• So, they put it on 360, but not Wii U!? Have we really gotten to the point where third parties hate it THAT much!?

• I beat the game years ago on PC, couldn't put it down. Love the remaster on my PS4 really enjoying it. Ordered it on Amazon and it was right at my door pretty quick.

Zero issues so far runs way better than it did on my PC.

edited October 2015

They're just starting to develop for the Wii U now (Minecraft: Story Mode was announced for it, but hasn't been released yet).

Since Minecraft: Story Mode has been delayed for Wii U, there's always the possibility that Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Edition will come out for Wii U later, once the Telltale Tool is fully ported and working on the system.

BttF_LttP posted: »

So, they put it on 360, but not Wii U!? Have we really gotten to the point where third parties hate it THAT much!?

• Why no love for PC players? I'd pay money for the remastered version, but I don't have any of the systems it's been released on. And as much as I enjoy the game, I'm not forking over $300 for a console just to play it.

Not that I know of. The remaster was only ever announced for the three platforms that it has been released on.

• I'm playing on PS4.

I've noticed the other issues that you mentioned, but didn't notice the vocal level differences in my playthrough. Which version are you pl

• I've got the Xbox 360 version too and didn't see anything noticeable that was different visually from the 2010 version, and I do have an internal hard drive.
    BarryNomad posted: »

I picked up the game for 360 and have been playing it without 1GB of harddrive space free (its a 20GB model). Nothing stopped me from playin

• Does anyone know if the physical copies come with anything besides the disc? I got the last display copy on ps4 from gamestop and just want to make sure I'm not missing out.

I love this game and was very happy they released this. I honestly think in many ways it's a better ending to the story than BTTF3. Can't wait to replay it.

• I have the game on Xbox 360, and all it has is the disc, the cover, and the cover sleeve. It didn't have an insert at all.

ANTIDEAD posted: »

Does anyone know if the physical copies come with anything besides the disc? I got the last display copy on ps4 from gamestop and just want

• it's been a very long time since i posted here. and i did also join the Tell Tale Games community on PS4 but just wanted to say i'm glad that he went in and did biff's voice. something seemed off in EP3 can't really put my finger on it. i'm only in EP2 but i noticed the difference when i started with It's About Time (i'm just now buying this and Arkham Knight LOL)

• I'm glad that they had released this game last year for 360. I hadn't been able to play this game until now due to it only being for Ps3 and computer when it was released. This was one of the best games that I've ever played. I recently got 1,000 gamerscore in this game and I definitely will replay it again someday.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.