D3 Costume Item (Wii Exclusive?)

I've heard tales of "big hair" - blonde rocker hair with an included headband - in the Snap Shak in Dangeresque 3, but I've got nothing like that on mine.
(I'm on the PC.)
Can anyone else confirm the presence or absence of this costume item and whether they're on PC or Wii?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Ya, i haven't got it although i do have a Gladiator Helmet.
  • edited November 2008
    Ya, i haven't got it although i do have a Gladiator Helmet.

i have the wii and its got it
  • edited November 2008
    I was wondering if we were ever going to get "the hair" (ever since E1 came out)

maybe in episode 5? Although I already know that for the finale we are going to get things like the
    "ab-abber 2000" chest pennings
    plus a few others that I forget at the moment.

Safe to say that the entire E5 wardrobe will consist of iconic and easily-recognizable items.

But yeah, will we ever get the hair from the trailer/E3 menu?
  • edited November 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    I was wondering if we were ever going to get "the hair" (ever since E1 came out)

maybe in episode 5? Although I already know that for the finale we are going to get things like the
    "ab-abber 2000" chest pennings
    plus a few others that I forget at the moment.

Safe to say that the entire E5 wardrobe will consist of iconic and easily-recognizable items.

But yeah, will we ever get the hair from the trailer/E3 menu?

How the crap do you know this?
  • edited November 2008
    Lets see, how to do this and give an example without breaking any rules...

lets just say, there is a lot behind the scenes in these games... Things you don't see, But if you know how to look for them (yes, by digging in the files) you can find some really nifty things. (this is how I achieve my "did you try?" list greatness... speaking of which, expect my E4 list tomorrow, after the awesomeness guide goes up.)

Anyways, they seem to have a knack for shipping things in the files that are not used in the game itself (but are used in later episodes). Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.

For example... in episode 4, you could not click the light switch in the computer room, BUT, a line was recorded for it... unused, and taking up space.

I will not make an exact quote, but the line was of strong bad saying that the switch will cause a global nuclear meltdown if he touches it...

Things like that, and I hope they use some of the stuff... but I doubt they will use all of it. As for the rest of it... I will see what remains not used after E5 comes out.. I may make a list of all the unused content and submit it to Telltale to see if I can post any of it on the forum. But I am not holding my breath, and I have other legitimate things to work on.
  • edited November 2008
    The Wiki has just detected that the hair is for the Wii only, which sucks cause the Wii version sucks.
    Lets see, how to do this and give an example without breaking any rules...

lets just say, there is a lot behind the scenes in these games... Things you don't see, But if you know how to look for them (yes, by digging in the files) you can find some really nifty things. (this is how I achieve my "did you try?" list greatness... speaking of which, expect my E4 list tomorrow, after the awesomeness guide goes up.)

Anyways, they seem to have a knack for shipping things in the files that are not used in the game itself (but are used in later episodes). Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.

For example... in episode 4, you could not click the light switch in the computer room, BUT, a line was recorded for it... unused, and taking up space.

I will not make an exact quote, but the line was of strong bad saying that the switch will cause a global nuclear meltdown if he touches it...

Things like that, and I hope they use some of the stuff... but I doubt they will use all of it. As for the rest of it... I will see what remains not used after E5 comes out.. I may make a list of all the unused content and submit it to Telltale to see if I can post any of it on the forum. But I am not holding my breath, and I have other legitimate things to work on.

Heck can you teach me how to do that?!
  • edited November 2008
    It's simple. Just stick nine different pieces of gum on your face, hop on one leg, and sing the "I'm Just Me" song.

Wait, I think I got confused there...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Whoops! That's totally a mistake (probably my fault). We made those costume items for 103 but ended up never using them. When 104 came around, we had to decide whether to add two more costumes (on top of the already long list) or just turn them on by default. We chose the latter. Since costumes on the Wii and PC are handled differently, we set it up for the Wii and then when it came time to put together the pc release several weeks later, it just slipped our collective minds.

Anyway, long story short, I'm having them auto turned on in the 105 pc build. Sorry!
  • edited November 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Anyway, long story short, I'm having them auto turned on in the 105 pc build. Sorry!
    Soon. Soon, the hair will be mine! (Bwa ha ha ha etc)
    splash1 wrote: »
    Heck can you teach me how to do that?!
    There's a tool that does it. It doesn't do it well, but it does it well enough. I'm with DZ here, in that I'm actually not sure how much I can say about it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Dead space, and they should really be careful with what they ship.

You really need to be less judgmental about TTG on this forum, at least in this regard. You sometimes sound like our lame chiding, disapproving aunt.

If we really cared that a few extra unused assets slipped out with our games, we would make more of an effort to clean that stuff up. Especially on the PC versions, it's not a very high priority for us -- the total unused data is fairly small. I mean, really, conversely would you prefer it if we were so clean with that stuff that there was nothing for you to find?

Also, in terms of costume items, I believe they shipped out in earlier episodes because there was originally planned cross-episode compatibility, including backwards compatibility. I don't think that happened, though. So, it wasn't originally totally random.
  • edited November 2008

I'm kind of slow with high computer talk, what does that mean?
  • edited November 2008

The Wii-exclusive Episode 4 items will be available in the PC version of Episode 5 from as soon as the game starts. And, I personally add, in the Wii version of Episode 5 as well, of course, since all previous episodes' costume items are automatically available in Wii versions of episodes.
  • edited November 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    You sometimes sound like our lame chiding, disapproving aunt.
    ...which would make for a rather disconcerting plot twist, wouldn't it?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008

Meaning you get they will be in your photo booth at the start of 105.
  • edited November 2008
    I wonder if there'll be Stinkoman hair in Episode 5. I hope so.
  • edited November 2008
    Or that miner's hat.

Ever and more! Ever and more! Ever and more!
  • edited November 2008
    Meaning you get they will be in your photo booth at the start of 105.

Oh good, so that means it's not Wii exclusive. :D
  • edited November 2008
    Well it kinda was... but only for 104.
  • edited November 2008
    I knew that, we all knew that, and you killed it!
  • edited November 2008
    Why not just update the PC version of Episode 4 to have the missing costume items? Is it because you'd basically be going 'Re-download Episode 4 and play through the game again or you'll never get those costume items EVER' and thus make everybody mad?
  • edited November 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Why not just update the PC version of Episode 4 to have the missing costume items? Is it because you'd basically be going 'Re-download Episode 4 and play through the game again or you'll never get those costume items EVER' and thus make everybody mad?

Well cause it's not a missing item, it's an exclusive item for the Wii, but it will be in the PC version next Episode.
    And yes I am very mad at Telltale, right now.
  • edited December 2008
    As long as I eventualy WILL get the glorious hair, I don't mind much.
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    As long as I eventualy WILL get the glorious hair, I don't mind much.

Why wait?
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101805#post101805

Please don't ostracize me, Telltale. It still takes a little know how to get ahold of it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.