The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Ending - Did y'all just forget this part?

Comments

• That was actually Faith's (at least in faith's voice) last thing she says to BB from episode 1 who said that.

That1Guy posted: »

Nope, that was Nerissa's voice as far as I remember.

• edited July 2014

Knowing the Fable Comics method of 'telling the story', and if the game seasons are somewhat similar, it probably ended.

Although, If you all remember, Dr. Swineheart never mentioned Faith again.
    Although he is not a sweet kind of character in the fable comics, he his loyal to fabletown and never too secretive about that kind of stuff.

Then again It could have been an missing explanation by mistake or, could be mentioned as a minor detail in the later seasons, if it follows the way the comic book pesents it's stories.

Regardless of the 'Nerissa/Faith alive or dead at the end and how' question, I guess the story is well told, they've grabbed an excelent character, Faith for the plot (excelent play on words if you're talking about believing classic talles characters that live in the present day society) and an excelent duo to be presenting Fabletown and it's inhabitants.

I started to read Fable Comics after the 1st or 2nd episode, and kept doing it even after the later ones. I can say that it captured perfectly Fabletown and of course, I would like to see more (for instance, jack is one of the characters that makes inumerous (failed and stupid) schemes to make money in many stories, why a so distant story part?)

In the end and in conclusion, I loved it.

I'd bet on the latter.

• But why was the Crookedman or whoever took the pictures. Spying on those characters?

• The ribbon has to be worn for the spell to work. That's why there is a penalty for taking it off.

LukaszB posted: »

It does and only Georgie and Vivian know that, till they mention it.

• I was thinking and I agree with the theory that Nerissa glamured herself to Faith but was it really necessary? Like did she know the Georgie is about to kill Faith? Or why did she do that? Please somebody explain it to me!!

• edited July 2014

Things to say that can help to solve the mistery:

• The photo with Faith and Nerissa was taken before Faith goes to the Woodsman: she deosn't have bruises on her arms.

• In ep.2 you found a note from Lily: "Faith, thank you for covering me tonight, can we meet before you go to the apartment?"; in ep.5 Nerissa says at the end that she went to the appointment but Lily didn't show up. Why does NERISSA went to the appointment? It's because she finds the message forcing the jewel boxes (and why she had to) or because she's Faith?

• Jack in ep.3 steals jewelry and silvers, along with glamours, from Crane, and put them in a bag. It's the same bag Nerissa have at the end of ep.5. Did she commissioned the theft to have money to escape to a new life?

• If the head was Faith's, it contradicts with the Magic Mirror not being able to show Faith's whereabouts due to the "these lips are sealed" ribbon spell (which should wear off after being taken off the head).

• Faith and Nerissa wear the same purse.

• Bigby picks the tarot card and says… "I hope you find what you are looking for" which is also the last thing he hears "Nerissa" says to him at the end of episode 5.

• The pictures appearing to be taken from a car, probably from the ginger guy.

• edited July 2014

Am I the seriously only one realizing that Faith does the exact same Hand Gesture when bidding Farewell as Bloody Mary with the same thing said?

"See you around".

And both being directed at Bigby as well?

Mary seems to like wielding that axe as well, and Faith sure seems to have had no issue driving the exact same axe into Woody's Skull.

Besides, we don't even know if Mary actually did die.Looked like all her other Glass...Clones?

• Glamour doesn't wear off. It's deactivated, as shown twice in the game with Snow/Lily and Rachel/Greenleaf. And for people saying that there's no correlation between opening the glamour and the glamour's effect stopping because there was a delay with when Bigby deactivated Lily's glamour then it was most likely because that specific glamour was faulty. It was established that Lily's glamour was a cheap and faulty one, so that explains the delay of the transformation. Now in Greenleafs case, her glamour transformed her instantly because she personally worked hard on that one seeing as it was for her own safety and protection.

I think that's the simplest and most "accurate" hypothesis. Nerissa-as-being-Faith (thus, Faith being alive because Nerissa was killed inste

• Faiths motive for being Nerissa is that she didn't want to take the fall for Nerissa's confession. At the end of episode 5 I think Nerissa(who in this theory is Faith) is telling the truth other than lying about her identity. She put the real Nerissa's head(which was glamoured as Faith's) on the doorstep to truly get help since her plan to escape the Pudding N Pie failed. She wanted to take down the Crooked Man because she thought that was the only way to become free. I don't think her or any of the girls knew that their true freedom could only be obtained through Vivian's death. Which is why Faith fabricated the plan to bring down Crane which was one of Crooked Man's allies. Faith could of asked Nerissa to fill in for her one night which explains why Nerissa would be glamoured as her. Then when Nerissa (glamoured as Faith) comes back she is met by Georgie and gets killed. I'm pretty sure Faith stays glamoured as Nerissa to play it safe and also because she doesn't want to be questioned by Bigby.

mosfet posted: »

In any case, the Nerissa as Faith theory is rock solid. It explains everything, has a plausible motive, and no holes other than that final f

• man i feel bad for toad.

• The ribbon was made from Vivian's ribbon. Anything that spreads like the ribbon's curse can only be removed once the source is removed.

Skiba7671 posted: »

The ribbon has to be worn for the spell to work. That's why there is a penalty for taking it off.

• No, you're not. People have noticed it before, I have also made a post about the similarities somewhere on this forum, but I don't think it's worth looking too hard into it. It's just the similarity in gesture and sentence, nothing more.

• But we know it for a fact that it was Lily who asked Faith to cover for her that night.

The problem is, that these episodes were coming out in intervals of time between them, so we all forgot about some of those small details. If you replay entire game from the start I think that some pieces you overlooked will fit in your head and you'll see that every evidence provided in game says that it was Faith in the beginning.

I believe we all should replay the full game now that we have all the episodes, every single one of us have probably missed something.

angelxd22 posted: »

Thats exactly what im saying. I still say that when "faith" met bigby,it was already narissa and Faith was dead. Theres a point in narissa a

• edited July 2014

Good points all round. Just a point that's been raised a lot re: the Mirror saying 'these lips are sealed' - I think if you interrogate Woody instead of the Tweedle, he drops Lily's name, so you get to ask the mirror for Lily's location even before examining the body. I believe the mirror says the same thing, though I'll need to replay it to check. So it seems the 'lips are sealed' spell works even on Lily after she's dead and without the ribbon around her neck (it's not on her body). So the mirror's response doesn't help either Faith / Nerissa theory.

Things to say that can help to solve the mistery: * The photo with Faith and Nerissa was taken before Faith goes to the Woodsman: she d

• You've made mistakes in your last 2 points.

Nerissa says "I hope you find what you're looking for" before Bigby goes to the hotel.

2 pictures are taken inside buildings.

Things to say that can help to solve the mistery: * The photo with Faith and Nerissa was taken before Faith goes to the Woodsman: she d

• edited July 2014

The bottom left photo appears to be Bigby just after his escapade in the Lucky Pawn (Episode 4). It is most likely taken at the time he is speaking with the Woodsman. This is just moments before the Gingerman picks up Bigby in his taxi (although Bigby had already tossed his cigarette just before he pulls up). Although the evidence is imperfect I still think it raises the credibility that it was the Gingerman who took the photos.

I don't think it was Woody taking the photos even though we can now clearly put him at two of the scenes.

EDIT I took a closer look at some of the photos and was struck by the one found within the incriminating image of Crane. The curve in the upper left is matched with another curve in the lower right. This suggests to me this was something other than a car window (perhaps concealed).

Reinforcing the fact that it wasn’t the cabs windows is the fact that those windows appear rectangle and not curved.

Spoonbender posted: »

I hope that he is the photographer (that question has been burning in my mind) but I haven’t convince myself yet. I agree with your comme

• What ever the case, rest i said still stands.

Annananax2 posted: »

lol Rizefall, Lilly's glamour didn't disappear... It became ineffective when you, as Bigby, opened it... it is possible for them to run out,

• Taking off their ribbons still cut their heads off. If this transferred so would the failure state of the curse.

The ribbon was made from Vivian's ribbon. Anything that spreads like the ribbon's curse can only be removed once the source is removed.

• No it wouldn't. If you take the Woodsman in you get the chance to ask about Lily to the Magic Mirror. Guess what the mirror says? "These lips are sealed." And we all know Lily's dead. Where's your evidence when there is none.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Taking off their ribbons still cut their heads off. If this transferred so would the failure state of the curse.

• lol at least you're honest. But the things you stated are exactly why I thought Faith wasn't all bad in her intentions, at least I don't think she wanted her to get killed. Take punishment for ratting them out; yes. Die; no. But it is because of the passion in the episodes and drive that she displayed,especially in the trial, that I really felt she had cared about her and just wanted revenge for her friend and to free her own guilty conscious for letting that happen... but who knows? Both evil and good intentions can be argued lol it's just which one I guess the player chooses to believe. ;p

I might be cynical, but it was my initial thought that Faith deliberately played Nerissa and set her up to get killed for her betrayal. I ho

• I'd like to think that it happened this way. That way there's no sense of lack of any real accomplishment that would otherwise be present at the end if she really was a somewhat wicked person who played everybody around out of spite and to achieve her goals. I'll start convincing myself that this is how it must have happened right away.

lol at least you're honest. But the things you stated are exactly why I thought Faith wasn't all bad in her intentions, at least I don't thi

• edited July 2014

EDIT: Ignore.

I don't think so. There is one thing that pretty much confirms that it was Faith and not Nerissa in the end. When Bigby started to put it to

• Thanks for clearing that up. I concede my point.

No it wouldn't. If you take the Woodsman in you get the chance to ask about Lily to the Magic Mirror. Guess what the mirror says? "These lips are sealed." And we all know Lily's dead. Where's your evidence when there is none.

• But why would they have Faith and Bloody Mary both make the same gesture and farewell unless it had some kind of relevance? They could just as easily had them do entirely different things. There is also no denying Faith's axe skills.

No, you're not. People have noticed it before, I have also made a post about the similarities somewhere on this forum, but I don't think it's worth looking too hard into it. It's just the similarity in gesture and sentence, nothing more.

• edited July 2014

OK, I'm still confused about how Lily's death fits into all this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Georgie killed both Lily and Faith/Nerissa(depending on which theory you believe) right?
    If Georgie killed Lily in the Open Arms Hotel, he wouldn't leave her then glamoured as Snow head on Bigby's doorstep. That would mean
    Faith/Nerissa put both "Faiths"? and Lily's glamoured heads at Bigby's step? She never admitted to that in the final conversation. If she did put
    Lily's head there, how'd she get her hands on it? It's kinda confirmed that Georgie and Jersey were the one's disposing of Lily's body.(TJ's
    testimony in ep.2 says he heard "stop laughing at me" reoccurs in ep.4) I think the real question I'm asking is; how did Lily's head and body end up in two different places? Did Faith/Nerissa somehow get her hands on Lily's head before Georgie and Jersey disposed of the body?

I'm puzzled. ._.

• It's mentioned several times in-game (and in the Book of Fables) that the princess used the Donkeyskin to escape by hiding in plain sight. Being glamoured as Nerissa lets her do exactly the same thing albeit in a different skin. It's her specialty.

Here are some unanswered questions:

1) Why would Nerissa be glamoured as Faith? It could be anything really. Faith could have have asked Nerissa to cover one of her shifts. This would set her up to take the fall since she was the one that ratted the others out to Georgie. (Nobody said Faith was innocent in all this.) Pure speculation of course.

2) The biggest hole with this theory is the head. The assumption is that the real Faith was beat up before Bigby's encounter with Woody. This doesn't explain how the glamoured head received the same bruises and busted lip as Faith. Of course, since this is a Fables story, I guess the answer could always just be "magic"

In the fairy tale, Lawrence sees her for her real self even through the disguise. He would probably notice Faith glamoured as Nerissa. Besid

• Hmm, if Faith was glamoured as Nerissa, why was no thingy found on Faith's body? The same thing found in Lily's body. That when solved and removed, she turned back to who she really was. A troll.

• Bigby said the blood at the crime scene was about an hour old, not the head. The blood was revealed to be from the person that hopped the fence, not from the head itself.

One thing that i remembered when putting my theory down was that bigby said that Faith's head went through an hour of rigamortis (or somethi

• It's never stated that the tube has to be on the person. Granny walked around glamoured as Rachel while her tube is on the table.

• It's not proven that the girl died after the first scene of the game. Where are you getting that? The blood? That wasn't from the head, but from the person who tried to leave it there (in my opinion, Nerissa)

Also, Nerissa's speach at the end had to do with finding justice for the unfortunates that didn't have a voice. In the context of the greater Fabletown society, it was social commentary, but it was also quite literal for Nerissa and the other girls, who couldn't speak for themselves.

Also, story wise, Nerissa pretending to be Faith who's already dead in the beginning clears up the coincidental convenience of Bigsby just happening to run into the first victim.

Well if that's the case, just Bigby's wishful thinking then Telltale pulled pretty lame thing on us. And I would call Nerissa as Faith theor

• There's considerable doubt seeing how many people disagree and think Nerissa was pretending to be Faith.

I'm in the Faith was already dead camp, but the evidence is compelling for your assumption as well.

I think that's what makes the ending really great. It can go either way.

I agree with Cthu... Him and I had almost the same theory and while the intentions of why Faith glamoured as Nerissa can be argued as good o

• Or it was. The evidence points either way.

It wasn't Nerissa all along.

• What difference does it makes if wears off or is deactivated? Isn't the result –the person not being glamoured anymore– not the same? And if Swineheart does runs some tests, shouldn't he finished by the time of Episode 5? I mean, if there IS something about the head, let's say the glamour is being "deactivated" atfer a while, Swineheart would have informed Bigby, wouldn't he?

RunRunRun posted: »

Glamour doesn't wear off. It's deactivated, as shown twice in the game with Snow/Lily and Rachel/Greenleaf. And for people saying that there

• edited July 2014

Very good analysis, but there's one thing I would like to point to. The note from Lilly to Faith does not mention the fact that it's about the Woodsman shift. It's very probable, but there's also one more explanation. Faith stole the photo from Crane, that much seems certain. And since Crane was Lilly's regular the note to Faith might have referred to that particular cover up during which Faith stole the photo. Now, let's assume that it was Nerissa who got frightened and told Georgie about the theft committed by Faith. Faith might have been informed about it, so she manipulated remorseful and shamed Nerissa into posing for her and taking the punishment. The only thing that seems like a weakness in this theory is the final conversation. Why would Faith be acting like she was sincerely guilty of things she has not done (namely, revealing to Georgie the thing about the stolen photo)? Only to let him know the truth about Nerissa? It does not seem like a believable motivation to me.

• Nothing more?
    Yeah, it's nothing that Nerissa's Fable Entry says how each of her steps is feeling like walking on Shards of Glass.But don't let that bother you either.That's also just "nothing".

No, you're not. People have noticed it before, I have also made a post about the similarities somewhere on this forum, but I don't think it's worth looking too hard into it. It's just the similarity in gesture and sentence, nothing more.

• this is because faith's body was never found or supposedly faiths body.

remorse667 posted: »

Hmm, if Faith was glamoured as Nerissa, why was no thingy found on Faith's body? The same thing found in Lily's body. That when solved and removed, she turned back to who she really was. A troll.

• Why I believe Nerissa has been glamoured as Faith from the very start (meaning from meeting her with the Woodsman): There is one key piece of dialogue after she axes the Woodsman in the street. If you decide to give her money and then ask her to drop by your office to give a report, she says she will swing by your apartment instead. She then says "I need to drop off... what I have." Note, there is a pause between the dialogue. If you don't think about it that much it seems as if she is just talking about the money you gave her. But if you replay episode 1 after finishing episode 5, you'll realize that it may have meant dropping off the head of Faith (the real Faith). It's just a theory, but this is the biggest clue I've encountered that supports the Theory that Nerissa has been glamoured as Faith the whole time all along.

• For Nerissa's own safety. Also, maybe she thought having Bigby make a connection with Faith will push him into action a lot faster.

• Elaborate your point please. You are saying that Nerissa, Faith and Bloody Mary are the same person? You people really love your crazy theories. And while I usually also like them, too much is too much.

Bernkastel posted: »

Nothing more? Yeah, it's nothing that Nerissa's Fable Entry says how each of her steps is feeling like walking on Shards of Glass.But don't let that bother you either.That's also just "nothing".

• in the final scene, bigby remembers swinehart saying "there needs to be more test" talking about the head

kforkayo posted: »

As the example of Lilly shows, glamours wear off after the glamoured person gets killed. Faith couldn't have glamoured Nerissas head as her

Sign in to comment in this discussion.