Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Alt text

This is Dragon Age's Equivalent to the Galaxy Map theme from Mass Effect. Holy crap, I've been listening to it all day! :D

I was in the closed beta, so I've been screwing around with it for a while now. If I recall, there are still a couple of things they're adding to it.

• In my canon, the Warden convinced Alistair to do the ritual and then killed the Archdemon herself.

Lingvort posted: »

My first playthrough ever (well, not ever, the first one I completed) was Dwarf Noble, who made the Ultimate Sacrifice. Also, it's been 3 ye

• edited October 2014

Game has officially gone gold.

We're so close... eye twitch

• Alt text

Game has officially gone gold. We're so close... eye twitch

• The second part of your sentence a verb.

Gary-Oak posted: »

My first warden was a chick, so i the fuck out of alistair.

• Not sure if this should be considered a canon, but in my current world state in the Keep it's pretty much the same.

In my canon, the Warden convinced Alistair to do the ritual and then killed the Archdemon herself.

• Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean exactly?

Game has officially gone gold. We're so close... eye twitch

• It means that the game is complete and is ready to be sold.

But, we still have to 17 days before that happens...

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean exactly?

• Alt text

It means that the game is complete and is ready to be sold. But, we still have to 17 days before that happens...

• HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BULL AND BLACKWALL LIKE WHAT

Pipas posted: »

Oh, right. Today is open beta, so we can finally discuss the Keep openly! Ohh, and according to this FAQ I see that they increased the numb

• Alt text

That depends on the personality I've chosen (or, rather, decided to use) for my Hawke. Aggressive Hawke always goes to the mercenaries, the other two - to the smugglers.

• With Inquisition's release date getting closer and closer it's time for a new avatar. :P

• With those horns cropped, it looks like the Iron Bull has tree roots growing out of his head.

With Inquisition's release date getting closer and closer it's time for a new avatar. :P

• Cass looks a lot like Carver in that picture.

Oh, right. Today is open beta, so we can finally discuss the Keep openly! Ohh, and according to this FAQ I see that they increased the numb

• Lol, fair enough. But with horns I can't see who exactly is in the picture, because these forum avatars are too small.

Hmm, should I keep this one or that one? Decisions, decisions...

Alt text
    Alt text

With those horns cropped, it looks like the Iron Bull has tree roots growing out of his head.

• Keep the bigger one, it shows his face better (and closer).

Lol, fair enough. But with horns I can't see who exactly is in the picture, because these forum avatars are too small. Hmm, should I keep this one or that one? Decisions, decisions...

• Smugglers.

...cause, Athenril was hawt. Yeah.

That depends on the personality I've chosen (or, rather, decided to use) for my Hawke. Aggressive Hawke always goes to the mercenaries, the other two - to the smugglers.

• edited November 2014

I've been thinking of changing to something too. Not sure what.

With Inquisition's release date getting closer and closer it's time for a new avatar. :P

• I once come across some... pretty good art. I'll leave it open to interpretation, of which nature that art was, but Athenril looked damn good in it.

Smugglers. ...cause, Athenril was hawt. Yeah.

• Difference is, though, Bronn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cullen.

Take Cullen, lol. Just like Bronn, he was a mere warrior, who rose up to his position mostly because he impressed/helped a powerful noble figure, who didn't hesitate to take him into their service.

• Take Cullen, lol. Just like Bronn, he was a mere warrior, who rose up to his position mostly because he impressed/helped a powerful noble figure, who didn't hesitate to take him into their service.

I've been thinking of changing to something too. Not sure what.

• edited November 2014

The difference, however, is that Bronn>>>>>>>>>>Cullen.

Alt text

Actually thinking of basing my first Inquisitor's personality around him. :S

Take Cullen, lol. Just like Bronn, he was a mere warrior, who rose up to his position mostly because he impressed/helped a powerful noble figure, who didn't hesitate to take him into their service.

• Of course he is. Well, fuck Cullen, then.

Take Blackwall, in that case. He looks similar.

The difference, however, is that Bronn>>>>>>>>>>Cullen. Actually thinking of basing my first Inquisitor's personality around him. :S

• Yes, then we'll have a set of Inquisition warriors as avatars. :P

Of course he is. Well, fuck Cullen, then. Take Blackwall, in that case. He looks similar.

• Respect the beard, chaps.

Yes, then we'll have a set of Inquisition warriors as avatars. :P

• I hereby declare Blackwall's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Jp7trsRps

Respect the beard.

• Respect the beard.

Respect the beard, chaps.

• I hereby declare Blackwall's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Jp7trsRps

Respect the beard.

• Agreed.

P.S: Finally decided to fix my avatar, now it is more closed up on Cass' face.

I hereby declare Blackwall's theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Jp7trsRps

• edited November 2014

What was everyones choice on whether letting Merril destroy or keep the Eluvian?

Alt text

It was one of the more difficult choices for me because I understood what Merrill was trying to do. The Eluvian to her was her only link the the past of her clan, a way for her to restore their history. I understood the dangers it held, and I always told her the use of blood magic was wrong. In the end her path was her own doing, and through her ambition to keep her peoples history alive she ended up killing her peoples future.

But in the end, I just couldn't force her to destroy it. She lost everything to restore the Eluvian. Her friends, her family, her entire tribe. It would be too cruel to force her to come out of it all with nothing, so I let her have it, but I ensured she was clear of the price she paid for it. Which is a shame, because Merrill seems like such a sweet girl.

• I played a Dalish Warden, so I was always very conflicted about it as I had some past experience with it and Merrill beforehand. On one hand, that very mirror was responsible for my Warden losing her closest friend and getting tainted and dragged off to become a Warden. My Warden would probably still be with her clan if it wasn't for it, and she already opted to destroy it once back in Origins. If I was still playing my Warden at that point, she probably wouldn't care that Merrill wanted to fix it in hopes she could help her and everyone else it's hurt, she'd destroy it again one way or the other.

...but, I wasn't playing my Warden. I was playing Hawke, who didn't really have that kind of personal stake in it. So I figured from that point of view...she might as well make all the trouble she's gone through to get here worth something, much like you said. I don't think it was the right choice, and my Hawke didn't really approve...but it is what it is, I guess.

What was everyones choice on whether letting Merril destroy or keep the Eluvian? It was one of the more difficult choices for me beca

• I did what the Keeper of her group advised me to do, I didn't help Merril with the Eluvian. We were friends up until that point, and then we became rivals. ;^;

In my second play through I let her do it, and was glad since she got some real closure from doing it.

What was everyones choice on whether letting Merril destroy or keep the Eluvian? It was one of the more difficult choices for me beca

• I just felt so bad for her in the end, the cruel metaphor that when Merrill was trying to do nothing more than preserve the history of her clan, she ended up destroying the very future of it. I felt so bad for her when she lost Keeper Marethari and then when she was forced to kill everyone in the clan just to escape. In the end the only thing she had left was the mirror, and I couldn't force her to lose that either.

If in the end it's just one thing she holds of her clan, it's still hers to hold and hers to do with as she pleases, in the end she paid the price for it and my Hawke was always there for her anyway, as a friend.

I played a Dalish Warden, so I was always very conflicted about it as I had some past experience with it and Merrill beforehand. On one hand

• So appearently there'll be text-based browser game that should fill the gap between Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. It should be available as part of the Keep later.

In Dragon Age: The Last Court, you are the ruler of Serault: an eccentric fiefdom at the farthest ends of Orlais. As the Huntress or the Scholar you’ll guide your realm through the most crucial period in its history. Will its ancient Shame be forgiven? Or will Serault fall into obscurity?

This is a game of lordship. You’ll manage the affairs of your court. You’ll choose a counsellor, a bodyguard, an accomplice and a lover. You’ll balance the concerns of your subjects. Will Serault be renowned for its dignity or its freedom? What is the greatest threat: outlaws, revolutionaries, or the the nameless ancient things that slither in its deep woods? There are stories to explore and secrets to unravel. What lies in the Sealed Chantry? Who is the Horned Knight? Who is behind Serault’s recent troubles? You’ll meet a host of new characters, like the Purveyor of Teas and the Acerbic Dowager. And maybe you’ll run into a few familiar faces from other Dragon Age titles…

Source

Dragon Age: The Last Court

BTW, that video shows big DA2 spoiler, so JamesDalton1995 don't click on it. :D

• I'm not really a fan of text-based browser games, so I'm not sure if I should give it a try...

So appearently there'll be text-based browser game that should fill the gap between Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. It should be a

• edited November 2014

Anyone here have X-BOX one with EA Access? If so, you can play DA:I 6-hour trial on November 13th, before the game is officially released.

Alt text

Source

• Guess who's extremely jealous right now? raises hand

Anyone here have X-BOX one with EA Access? If so, you can play DA:I 6-hour trial on November 13th, before the game is officially released. Source

• Triple post, I guess... But new video is coming tomorrow!

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.