Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Alt text

I see what you did there.

Lingvort posted: »

I will watch that fragment later, while thinking of the full trailer with great respect...

• It looks like that sword from the first image we ever saw of the game is actually still around...cool.

Alt text

Pipas posted: »

New DA:I trailer coming soon... I hope. Take a look at this tiny little sneak peak of the trailer. And I mean really tiny. EDIT: Another sneak peak.

• xD

Sera's underwear pyjamas All the good bits, then.

• Alt text

It's always a pair of monarchs for me. Either Alistair & Anora, or the Warden & the monarch they marry (differs on gender, obviously).

• Alistair and Anora are ruling in my canon playthrough. Both of them are confirmed to appear in Inquisition, so I'm looking forward to the effects it may have.

It's always a pair of monarchs for me. Either Alistair & Anora, or the Warden & the monarch they marry (differs on gender, obviously).

• Possibly a Tranquil?

Now I just wonder who says it. And how much he/she was paid for the line. :P

• Just Anora in my playthrough, as a Warden shouldn't be in a monarchical (or is it really a hegemonic?) position, and Alistair became a wandering drunk, so that'll be interesting to see.

• I often have zero tolerance towards Anora, so I don't trust her enough to leave the matters of ruling in just one hands.

Katalept posted: »

Just Anora in my playthrough, as a Warden shouldn't be in a monarchical (or is it really a hegemonic?) position, and Alistair became a wandering drunk, so that'll be interesting to see.

• Just a word of warning, some major plot details have been leaked. Please do not post them here, or if you do at least use a spoiler tag.

• Actual solid plot details? Uh oh. I know the art book and the achievements are out now.

Seems like it's almost time to construct my box fort and hide until release...

Flog61 posted: »

Just a word of warning, some major plot details have been leaked. Please do not post them here, or if you do at least use a spoiler tag.

• I understand where you're coming from (though I hope your mistrust is not really a form of prejudice because she's a woman in a seat of power). My reasoning was that, since my warden survived the Archdemon, she'd need to be in close contact with Anora on all security matters, and who better to have sort out your problems than an Archdemon-slayer?

I also like the idea of taking orders from Anora for... reasons, though I'm not sure if that's also a form of prejudice from myself.

I often have zero tolerance towards Anora, so I don't trust her enough to leave the matters of ruling in just one hands.

• I understand where you're coming from (though I hope your mistrust is not really a form of prejudice because she's a woman in a seat of power).

I'm not sexist, Jesus. She's a woman in power? Well, more power to her. I'm taking an issue with her character and her (potential, but nevertheless) actions she can undertake to effectively stab you in the back. One can say "It's just politics", well, my sword would have a lot to say, as well, once this is done.

So, due to her way of doing politics, I can't trust her to remain a sole monarch, therefore, her power must be divided between her and either Alistair (always hardened in that case) or the Warden.

I understand where you're coming from (though I hope your mistrust is not really a form of prejudice because she's a woman in a seat of powe

• Just now saw this thread.

I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Age series, Origins is one of my all time favorite games. Inquisition looks like its going to be awesome, I'm super excited for it. Anyways, has anyone read Last Flight? I've read the other novels, and liked them, but this one seems kind of boring.

• edited October 2014

Read it. It was pretty decent - it's interesting and does a good job of fleshing out some of the lore, and puts some plot points in the air for the future. Does a pretty decent job of establishing a grim sort of atmosphere, too.

Wasn't as good as Asunder or The Masked Empire, though. Those two were excellent.

Just now saw this thread. I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Age series, Origins is one of my all time favorite games. Inquisition looks like i

• I might look into it then, thanks.

And yeah, I also loved Asunder and Masked Empire. I'm really hoping that Michel appears in Inquisition, and that they don't kill off Rhys and Evangeline in the very beginning...

Read it. It was pretty decent - it's interesting and does a good job of fleshing out some of the lore, and puts some plot points in the air

• Don't imagine they'll kill off Evangeline. It'd make a certain spoilerific sacrifice near the end of the book kinda pointless - but Rhys...Rhys is less plot-protected I reckon. And he's the leader of one of the biggest mage fraternities, so...he'd have some reason to be there at the beginning. Would be a bit of a gut-punch seeing Cole react to the news of that...

Wouldn't be surprised if Michel shows up, the whole thing with Imshael definitely seems like it was setting the stage for a plot in the game. Hopefully Celene and Gaspard's feud is wrapped up well, too.

I might look into it then, thanks. And yeah, I also loved Asunder and Masked Empire. I'm really hoping that Michel appears in Inquisition, and that they don't kill off Rhys and Evangeline in the very beginning...

• That's a good point about Evangeline, I hadn't thought of that. I think Rhys dying might provide good character development for Cole, as well as a reunion with Evangeline.

Do you think that Celene vs. Gaspard will be a choice? I was thinking it'd be that or Celene vs. Briala. I'm also guessing that Imshael will be a quest, and that we'll have a choice to recruit Michel into the Inquisition afterwards. I really hope he shows up, since he was my favorite character in the Masked Empire.

Don't imagine they'll kill off Evangeline. It'd make a certain spoilerific sacrifice near the end of the book kinda pointless - but Rhys...R

• I'm thinking there's definitely going to be some major quest about the civil war in DA:I, yeah. Not sure who you'll be able to side with, though. I reckon you might be able to aid Briala, but she doesn't seem like a big enough faction to be a side all on her own, so I'm thinking maybe it's Gaspard vs. Celene as the core choice, but with the option to spin some things in Briala's favour if you so wish.

That's a good point about Evangeline, I hadn't thought of that. I think Rhys dying might provide good character development for Cole, as we

• edited October 2014

The recent achievement leak (today's) contained pictures of the main enemy so reveals their identity, from what I've gathered from the Twitter thread.

Actual solid plot details? Uh oh. I know the art book and the achievements are out now. Seems like it's almost time to construct my box fort and hide until release...

• Damn. Gonna have to keep one eye closed while browsing now...

The recent achievement leak (today's) contained pictures of the main enemy so reveals their identity, from what I've gathered from the Twitter thread.

• Good to know. Better stay out of the Bioware forum then.

Just a word of warning, some major plot details have been leaked. Please do not post them here, or if you do at least use a spoiler tag.

• You wouldn't be on a forum if that wasn't everyone's first perception of what you said.

I understand where you're coming from (though I hope your mistrust is not really a form of prejudice because she's a woman in a seat of powe

• Well, if the first thing a person would assume upon reading my post is "I hope he isn't holding that stance due to sexism/misogyny/homophobia/insert-another-way-to-accuse-someone-here", I'd leave those forums for good.

You wouldn't be on a forum if that wasn't everyone's first perception of what you said.

• So, kind of double-posting here. I tried the Keep out, and it's pretty cool. I don't have a save with a custom hero available at the moment, so I edited a default world state, instead. Chose female Human Noble, warrior class, married Alistair, used the Dark Ritual. I originally thought that there would be many more minor choices, but, there weren't that many in the end, only the most important minor choices (sorry for that oxymoron, lol) for that story segment.

• edited October 2014

Oh, right. Today is open beta, so we can finally discuss the Keep openly! :D Ohh, and according to this FAQ I see that they increased the number of world states to 9! Cool. And this:

Will your Dragon Age: Inquisition playthrough decisions be directly imported into the Keep, or will you have to go back and select them again?

If you are online while playing Dragon Age: Inquisition (or the next time you go online), your story choices will be sent to the Keep.

That's even cooler! :D

Yeah, it took a while for my custom heroes to upload, but I thought they fixed it? Guess not, heh.

I'm glad that there aren't more of these minor choices, because I have like 6 wardens/Hawkes and remembering what each of them did was a pain in the ass. :P I still think there are few important choices missing, for example Genetivi's fate and more Awakening choices. I think that companion's alive/dead status from Awakening is pretty important and so far there's only Nathaniel's one. I hope they'll add that one later.

Anyway, since no one posted these ones yet, here are art tiles for romances in DA:I.

Alt text

So, kind of double-posting here. I tried the Keep out, and it's pretty cool. I don't have a save with a custom hero available at the moment,

• Which is why I suspected my hope was not misguided, but I'm a bit surprised that your reaction seems so strong to the mild implication. On the other hand, I can understand it, considering how rife forums are with trolls, or simply the suspicion that all respondents are trolls - which is a terrible paranoia.

Anyway, it's funny you should speak for the opposing side of trusting Anora, as it sounds like both of our (conflicting) opinions on her placement in a seat of power is what would actually be needed to sustain it.

Well, if the first thing a person would assume upon reading my post is "I hope he isn't holding that stance due to sexism/misogyny/homophobia/insert-another-way-to-accuse-someone-here", I'd leave those forums for good.

• My reaction to this may seem strong due to the fact that I don't, or, at least, try not to judge people based on things that they can't change, or judge people out of simple bias, f. e. Anora is a woman and therefore she is unfit for rule. I don't think so, and even if I saw her unfit to rule (which I actually don't, she's a good ruler, even if I don't like her actions much), that wouldn't be due to her being a woman. So, I react strongly when I'm being accused (well, mildly suspected, but still) of being something I'm not. Well, now that we clarified that...

Umm, I seem to fail to understand what you mean. You are saying that Anora needs help from the Warden, but without the Warden's direct involvement into ruling of Ferelden (if that's what you meant at all), and I say that, due to not trusting her enough, I wouldn't want her to hold all the power, therefore I want to divide it to limit her potential power. Not to mention that I don't get how trusting or not trusting Anora is relevant to her placement in a position of power.

Which is why I suspected my hope was not misguided, but I'm a bit surprised that your reaction seems so strong to the mild implication. On t

• Damn trying to get through DA:O and DA:2 quickly so I can port them over in keep.

• Don't worry, you still have 19 days left till the Inquisition comes out. :P

Now that I mentioned it, it's not that much.

ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT, GUYS!

...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday.

Damn trying to get through DA:O and DA:2 quickly so I can port them over in keep.

• ...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday.

Nah, it's 21 day, 22 days is for UK. Across the Europe DA:I will be released on 20th (saw it being discussed numerous times on Bioware forums).

Don't worry, you still have 19 days left till the Inquisition comes out. :P ... Now that I mentioned it, it's not that much. ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT, GUYS! ...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday.

• No potatoes? Dammit, Bioware!

Dragon Age Keep is open

• Really? That's great! :D Still, I won't be able to play it till Friday. :P

...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday. Nah, it's 21 day, 22 days is for UK. Across the Europe DA:I will be released on 20th (saw it being discussed numerous times on Bioware forums).

• ...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday.

...unless you know the ways of the VPN. Muahaha. I ain't letting them North Muricans get it before I do.

Don't worry, you still have 19 days left till the Inquisition comes out. :P ... Now that I mentioned it, it's not that much. ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT, GUYS! ...and 22 for us, Europeans. Well, at least it's Friday.

• "Sorry...potatoes..."

Alt text

Best line in the video.

Also, the outro music was beautiful, hope the Dragon Age: Inquisition soundtrack will be wonderful! :D

No potatoes? Dammit, Bioware! Dragon Age Keep is open

• Anyone else messed with The Keep yet? I just made my first World State, and I gotta say it's gonna be interesting. I just hope it all transfers over to Inquisition, I'll be a bit heartbroken if it doesn't. :<

• I was in the closed beta, so I've been screwing around with it for a while now. If I recall, there are still a couple of things they're adding to it.

Anyone else messed with The Keep yet? I just made my first World State, and I gotta say it's gonna be interesting. I just hope it all transfers over to Inquisition, I'll be a bit heartbroken if it doesn't. :<

• Also, the outro music was beautiful, hope the Dragon Age: Inquisition soundtrack will be wonderful! :D

A little bit of it is out now, made a post about it earlier. It really is amazing. :3

"Sorry...potatoes..." Best line in the video. Also, the outro music was beautiful, hope the Dragon Age: Inquisition soundtrack will be wonderful!

• edited October 2014

Alt text

My first playthrough ever (well, not ever, the first one I completed) was Dwarf Noble, who made the Ultimate Sacrifice. Also, it's been 3 years (actually, the 3 years anniversary happened about 2-3 weeks ago, but I've long since lost track, so it's just an estimate) since I first played Dragon Age. I'm ought to celebrate that with something.

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited October 2014

My first warden was a chick, so i the fuck out of alistair.

• I performed the dark ritual.

My first playthrough ever (well, not ever, the first one I completed) was Dwarf Noble, who made the Ultimate Sacrifice. Also, it's been 3 ye

Sign in to comment in this discussion.