Dev here, checking in with you guys!

Comments

• That sounds pretty exciting :P You think we'll have a new mod upon us soon?

Quick question, are you all going to get more Mods here anytime soon? We've been eyeing up some potential additions for a while now. I'm not sure how much/little else I'm allowed to say beyond that, but we've been searching though!

• Cool, I've noticed the amount is low at this point and we could use more good people like you.

Thanks, Blind.

Quick question, are you all going to get more Mods here anytime soon? We've been eyeing up some potential additions for a while now. I'm not sure how much/little else I'm allowed to say beyond that, but we've been searching though!

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Aw, Mark already beat me to the joke. :-( :-( :-(

ArthurV posted: »

You're tearing me apart, Laura!

• You think we'll have a new mod upon us soon?

If all goes well, hopefully a couple and not just one. :)

Green613 posted: »

That sounds pretty exciting :P You think we'll have a new mod upon us soon?

• Oh wow a couple, sounds very exciting :P

You think we'll have a new mod upon us soon? If all goes well, hopefully a couple and not just one.

• MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff

Too slow!

ArthurV posted: »

Aw, Mark already beat me to the joke. :-( :-( :-(

• Can we expect to see the return of hubs (sections of the game where you are able to walk around and explore) in TFTB and GOT? I was sad to see that they were missing for the most part in TWDS2 and TWAU since they were one of my favorite parts of TWDS1.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

Hi Mark. I'm glad to see you are still at Telltale. I've really enjoyed the games you've designed. :)

Oh, and speaking of which, since we're also talking about games you designed in the past... Any chance we'll ever see a new Nick Bounty game, or maybe even a Telltale Nick Bounty? :D

• OMG, two devs in one thread, DEV FIGHT, DEV FIGHT, DEV FIGHT!!

Alt text

puzzlebox posted: »

OH HAI MARK!

• Hi Mark and whoever from Telltale Games! I just want to say that I can't wait for Tales of the Borderlands and Game of Thrones. I am sure both of them will be an awesome ride. :)

• Didn't work on Sam and Max Season 2 I see.

MarkDarin posted: »

What's Banang?

• Could you tell us how many episodes there will be in Tales from the Borderlands? :)

• Starved for help is easily my favourite episode from both seasons so great work there!

I have no idea how much influence you had on this but the big reveal at the diner scene almost made me vomit and I failed at stopping Clementine from eating Mark because of that, I thought it was really interesting that could happen and while I hated that moment so much I think it makes an excellent example of good direction and design that it was able to cause that reaction on me, so props to everyone that worked on that.

And yeah, what you said to Extra_Cheesy about Becca is exactly what I thought the character was, but I disagree with Cheesy, I thought she was pretty good and I did like her, I loved the moment when I told her to take the gun and shoot Stephanie herself, I thought that was the moment where you get to see her true nature and that the toughness is nothing but a front to protect herself, I thought she was one of the best characters in 400 days.

For Season 1, I was lead writer and designer Episode 2: Starved for Help as well as Designer for Ep 5. I was the lead designer for 400 Days

• edited November 2014

i check steam every other day to see a PRE-ORDER for TFTB!! so my question is :-

will we pre-order the game? its only yes or no, because i know there is no dates yet :D because if we play instantly without pre-ordering then i wont check untill the official release and play :D

and thanks mark! i know the game will be CRAZY AWESOME!!!! :D

A Telltale Nick Bounty... I am still dreaming about it... But don't hold your breath! ;)

Jennifer posted: »

Hi Mark. I'm glad to see you are still at Telltale. I've really enjoyed the games you've designed. Oh, and speaking of which, since we

• Hi Mark, so happy to see you're everywhere at Telltale! :D

My question is: Is the Telltale Pilot Program still alive? Are there any plans for it or you're too busy to dedicate time to small projects?

• Hey, i know you cant answer anything about the game but when we pre order on steam will we get something or only ttg store buyers will get the collectors edition dvd thing?

• During that Reddit AMA last October, Kevin Bruner seemed to imply they had some Pilot Program scale title in the works. Considering we got Poker Night 2 last year, I would assume it isn't totally dead.

We take a lot of pride in being the best licensed game company there is (IMO) and there's tons of great IP we'd love to work on. I think you'll see some original stuff from Telltale in the future, but it'll be stuff co-created with our partners (kind of like Puzzle Agent).

Of course, however, that's up to Telltale to answer for certain and not just a lowly mod like me. :P

Hi Mark, so happy to see you're everywhere at Telltale! My question is: Is the Telltale Pilot Program still alive? Are there any plans for it or you're too busy to dedicate time to small projects?

• Cool, We could really use some more Mods like you and Ozzy :)

You think we'll have a new mod upon us soon? If all goes well, hopefully a couple and not just one.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Alt text

So when can we expect The Room: A Telltale Games Series?

• Will the action scenes in T.F.T.B. be so amazingly epic that it'll cause me to poop legendaries from my Butt Stallion?

• Gunzerker Master Race

I'm more of a Gunzerker kind of guy. :P

Yes.

Will the action scenes in T.F.T.B. be so amazingly epic that it'll cause me to poop legendaries from my Butt Stallion?

• You helped make my favorite TWD episode! (Starved For Help)

For Season 1, I was lead writer and designer Episode 2: Starved for Help as well as Designer for Ep 5. I was the lead designer for 400 Days

• Oh! Oh! Oh! I have questions, too!!!! raises hand Well... I mean, a bunch of TellTale staff is in this thread. Might as well capitalize on the situation.

1. About Tales From The Boarderlands (and I guess Game of Thrones is included, too), the bits you guys have allowed us to see so far look cool. Will these next two games series coming out showcase new stylized gameplay designs that we haven't seen yet? Like for example, Job said on Twitter that one game looked like a oil painting. Considering that The Walking Dead Game and The Wolf Among Us had similar designs in character, will these next two really look that different in character and setting design?
    2. In regard to TWD and TWAU, people noticed that the screen backgrounds for the episode titles slides didn't match how the seasons actually transpired. Will you guys ever release a "The Making Of..." for these two games? I love behind the scene stuff, and I would love to see what changes you guys did to the stories of TWD and TWAU, especially in regards to the title slides and some stuff we have seen already (like the original concept art for the cabin group).
    3. Also in regards to TWD and TWAU, some people were upset with the long gap between episode 1 and 2 and the inconsistent release of games. Have you guys sort of developed a better staging plan so that the people won't it happen with TFTB and GOT? Seriously though, if you responded with that you guys are still figuring it out, I would be mad. Some things take time to develop and become efficient (Steam is a GREAT example of this).
  • Just imagine all the possibilities!

Claudette: I got the results of the test back - I definitely have breast cancer.

(?) Lisa will not remember that.

Oh! That reminds me, I also made these in Photoshop some-odd months ago:

Alt text

Alt text

• So did you guys know that The Walking Dead would help rocketboost you to the heights of making a GoT game, or were you taken completely by surprise?

• ViralType posted: »

So did you guys know that The Walking Dead would help rocketboost you to the heights of making a GoT game, or were you taken completely by surprise?

• edited November 2014

Hello, Mark. Nice to meet you. Would be honored if you answer me :)

One question - Are you will a writer or designer for "The Walking Dead: Season Three"?

• I'm not Telltale Staff - just a fan and a volunteer moderator, but to answer your question, I wouldn't think Telltale is very far into planning Season 3 as of yet.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Hello, Mark. Nice to meet you. Would be honored if you answer me One question - Are you will a writer or designer for "The Walking Dead: Season Three"?

• Thanks.

LineLiar posted: »

This might be an answer if no one here replies: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1phemu/we_are_dan_connors_kevin_bruner_founders_of/cd2bk97/.

Please, let me finish one project before putting me on another!
    I'm currently all Tales from the Borderlands all day everyday! It has my undivided attention. I wouldn't want to give a half-assed effort by splitting my efforts between projects.

And nice to meet you too.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Hello, Mark. Nice to meet you. Would be honored if you answer me One question - Are you will a writer or designer for "The Walking Dead: Season Three"?

Speaking personally, I knew we were making something special, and it was important to me as a designer and storyteller, but I was surprised at just how well embraced it was after just the first episode.

ViralType posted: »

So did you guys know that The Walking Dead would help rocketboost you to the heights of making a GoT game, or were you taken completely by surprise?

1. We try to embrace the visual aesthetic that's appropriate for the IP. Walking Dead and Wolf Among us were both based on comics and we tried to stay true to a visual style that best represented that. We are treating GoT and TFTB with the same philosophy. And both look GORGEOUS, btw.
    2. I usually am the last one to know if a Behind the Scenes is being produced. I love that stuff too, so I always keep a log of the development experience so that I have some good stories to share if it happens!
    3. We are always striving to make the best content and get it out to our fans in a timely manner.
    eRock92 posted: »

Oh! Oh! Oh! I have questions, too!!!! raises hand Well... I mean, a bunch of TellTale staff is in this thread. Might as well capitaliz

• edited November 2014

Oh, you wrote Shel and Becca's story, cool. I've always wondered who wrote which story. I know you, Ainsworth, Vanaman, Breckon, and Whitta were the writers, but I never knew who wrote which one, would you mind telling me.

Also, loved your work on Starved for Help, thank you for giving me the opportunity to kill Larry, didn't hesitate to help Kenny kill him. Good luck on TFTBL.

• Cool. Thanks. Can't wait for Tales From The Boarderlands and Game of Thrones!

* We try to embrace the visual aesthetic that's appropriate for the IP. Walking Dead and Wolf Among us were both based on comics and we tri

• Multitasking Mark! You have to multitask!

Please, let me finish one project before putting me on another! I'm currently all Tales from the Borderlands all day everyday! It has my u

• Where Is The PS4 Copy Of This Game I ask Cause i hate being left out and seeing how ill never get to play borderlands the pre-sequil i was thinking i could play something that was borderlands besides borderlands 2 on my PS Vita

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2014

We won't know the full list of systems that it's going to be coming out until later, but Telltale staff have stated it's coming out for PC, iOS, Android, and consoles. No specific consoles have been announced to be getting Tales from the Borderlands besides Vita, but it's quite likely it's going to be coming out for PlayStation 4 since that's one of Telltale's main console targets now (The Wolf Among Us and both seasons of The Walking Dead are on PS4 and Telltale just announced that Game of Thrones is going to be coming out for PlayStation 4 too).

DJTitan posted: »

Where Is The PS4 Copy Of This Game I ask Cause i hate being left out and seeing how ill never get to play borderlands the pre-sequil i was thinking i could play something that was borderlands besides borderlands 2 on my PS Vita

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Tales from the Borderlands has now been rated by PEGI and it lists PS4 and Xbox One in it's ratings list so that could mean that they are planning to release it on next gen at the same time as the 360 and PS3 or shortly after.

Alt text
    Alt text

One thing i would like to point out is that they don't normally list PC or iOS for individual episodes on their website from observing TWAU and TWD episode releases.

Jennifer posted: »

We won't know the full list of systems that it's going to be coming out until later, but Telltale staff have stated it's coming out for PC,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.