Dev here, checking in with you guys!

Comments

• Hi Mark. I have one question. Is there anything in place for people crossing over from xbox 360 to xbox one with regards to TWD. I have a copy of TWD S2 coming to my x1 but original saves are on the 360 :(

Awesome game btw.

• edited January 2015

Thank you so much. Yeah, sorry. It's really early.

Now I have something to be proud of. One of the creators of the best games in the world answered me :D

Alt text

MarkDarin posted: »

Please, let me finish one project before putting me on another! I'm currently all Tales from the Borderlands all day everyday! It has my u

• Hey Mark. Thanks for dropping in, dude! I think you do fantastic work. I'm so pumped for Tales. I think it could be some of you guys best work to date.

• Mike from Telltale Games has stated that this is not possible:

@TelltaleMike wrote:
    If you choose to play Season Two on another system, your save files and choices will not carry over, as they are from another system, and are incompatible. If you wish to import Season One saves into Season Two, you will need to play through Season One on the same platform as Season Two.

Hi Mark. I have one question. Is there anything in place for people crossing over from xbox 360 to xbox one with regards to TWD. I have a copy of TWD S2 coming to my x1 but original saves are on the 360 Awesome game btw.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Holy crap I think I just found my new computer wallpaper.

Just imagine all the possibilities! Claudette: I got the results of the test back - I definitely have breast cancer. (?) Lisa will not remember that. Oh! That reminds me, I also made these in Photoshop some-odd months ago:

• Anyway, how is your sex life?

Hahah! What a story Mark!

• edited November 2014

So, Mark..

After the shit storm the Season 2 finale of Walking Dead started, I've made a theory that you guys at TellTale get on the message board, look at what you caused, and say, in the most hissing, threatening voice possible..

"Yes...Excellent...All according to plan..."

Is that accurate in any way?

• Hello Mark! Thanks for opening up a thread for questions - what a great idea! I literally joined just so I could ask you this question.
    I'm excited for Tales from the Borderlands, but I've never played a Borderlands game at all. Will this game be accessible to people who have never played a Borderlands game?

I hadn't been familiar with Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us before playing their games, but I felt very comfortable while playing their games, in that it didn't matter that I had no prior knowledge of their universes. I expected this was because Walking Dead used a completely new cast for their game, and Wolf was a prequel. Since Tales from the Borderlands takes place after the Borderland games, I'm just worried about how easily I'll be able to understand the world.

Thanks a bunch!

• I can probably answer these for you.

First of all, Welcome to our little Forums, you can always ask me for help or the Mods.

TFTBL should be fairly easy to understand, although knowing a little of the lore won't hurt anything. The game should probably ease you into the world and who everyone is.

But I am not from Telltale nor a Mod so this might not be the best explanation.

Hello Mark! Thanks for opening up a thread for questions - what a great idea! I literally joined just so I could ask you this question. I'

• Going by Telltale's history, I'd say only Telltale Store buyers will get the DVD (if there is one).

ata95 posted: »

Hey, i know you cant answer anything about the game but when we pre order on steam will we get something or only ttg store buyers will get the collectors edition dvd thing?

• My suggestion would be to watch the new trailer for the game. If you kind of get what's happening, you should be good.

Hello Mark! Thanks for opening up a thread for questions - what a great idea! I literally joined just so I could ask you this question. I'

• MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff

I'd say the answers you've gotten so far are pretty accurate.
    There is nothing in the game that you will totally not understand if you've never played a Borderlands Game before. We're telling a completely new story, so we want to start everyone from the beginning of that story. However, if you ARE a fan of Borderlands already, there will be PLENTY of recognizable stuff from that universe that we build upon.

So, relax and come along for the ride! You'll enjoy it no matter what.

• Though this probably isn't anything one of the devs can comment on before the game is out, I wonder how much meaning the choices will have in TFTBL. As much as I love the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, there really is quite a bit of "illusion of choice", in the sense that nearly all major story events tend to happen regardless of the player's choices. Most of the meaning behind the choices comes from the other characters' reactions to the player, which is still very enjoyable, even if the conclusion is ultimately the same no matter what.

From what I understand, TFTBL seems to take place within a story being told by potentially unreliable narrators, and thus can literally change through the will of the player. I wonder, then, if this format will pave the way for more or less illusion of choice compared to previous Telltale Games. I'll sure enjoy it either way, but it'd be nice to see, say, multiple endings that aren't just tied to the very last choices of the game, or something.

• Hi, Mark.

I just have one question.

is kenny confirmed for TFTBL season 1

• In each Borderlands you're kinda dumped in the world and you get immersed, so I feel in this game it'd be the same, but there is a really helpful forum that I think was sticky'd about the lore. If it wasn't I'd be more than glad to help explain the lore!

But I feel it should be open and accessible since we have completely new characters in a new situation who are being introduced to Pandora!

• Hello, I am a huge Borderlands fan and a huge Telltale fan, but I am curious if the development process so far has been as fun as playing Borderlands?

Also has Anthony Burch helped any in the writing?

• Nope, but you can dream:
    Kenny
    (art by dfh15)

Hi, Mark. I just have one question. is kenny confirmed for TFTBL season 1

• kenny confirmed

Jennifer posted: »

Nope, but you can dream: (art by dfh15)

• edited November 2014

It's a little early, but ...

1. TWD Season 3 already is being written?
    2. Season 3 will have the writers of the second or first season, or neither?

Anyway, just talk to me... I wanna talk with a dev :v

• I'm not a staff member, just a volunteer mod, but nevertheless...

Jake Rodkin and Sean Vannaman - the prominent writers of Season 1 - left Telltale to form their own studio, Campo Santo, so I doubt they will return. Additionally, Gary Whitta is working on other projects as well.

However, Telltale does have several other writers from Season 1 who also worked on Season 2. They haven't announced any details about Season 3, and I doubt they will heavily work on the game until they finish up work on Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands.

VectorXP posted: »

It's a little early, but ... * TWD Season 3 already is being written? * Season 3 will have the writers of the second or first season, or neither? Anyway, just talk to me... I wanna talk with a dev :v

• Telltale works on their games live - they don't wait until all episodes are done before they launch a Season.

But... they announced Game of Thrones and Tales From The Borderlands a year ago. That does not mean the game not have the possibility to already be written, right?

• But... they announced Game of Thrones and Tales From The Borderlands a year ago. That does not mean the game not have the possibility to already be written, right?

I'm not a staff member, just a volunteer mod, but nevertheless... Jake Rodkin and Sean Vannaman - the prominent writers of Season 1 - lef

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2014

Telltale works on their games live - they don't wait until the entire Season is done before they launch a game.

But... they announced Game of Thrones and Tales From The Borderlands a year ago. That does not mean the game not have the possibility to already be written, right?

• Exact, so maybe the game is already being written, not produced, totally different things.

I'm not a staff member, just a volunteer mod, but nevertheless... Jake Rodkin and Sean Vannaman - the prominent writers of Season 1 - lef

• Hi Mark and others!

Do you know by chance if we will be able to preorder both of your upcoming games via the telltale store instead of steam and still getting a lower preorder price?

• THAT is an awesome art. So badass.

• Hello Mr Mark. I have a queston regarding The Wolf Among Us. Half of my posts on this forum is about its fantastic soundtrack and this is perfect opportunity to ask about it again. Are there any plans to make it available to buy? I know it's uploaded to YouTube, but the quality is not too good and while I admire and appreciate people editing those files to recreate tracks from the game, it'd be awesome to be able to get professionaly edited official release. I know you don't know everything what's happening at Telltale, but I can at least try getting some info here, right?

• We need this!

SkyAbove posted: »

Hello Mr Mark. I have a queston regarding The Wolf Among Us. Half of my posts on this forum is about its fantastic soundtrack and this is pe

• Love this!

• Seconded!

Steam ha also a bright-new feature called "Music" that makes available the soundtrack of purchased Items! :)

Hello Mr Mark. I have a queston regarding The Wolf Among Us. Half of my posts on this forum is about its fantastic soundtrack and this is pe

• Oooohhh, I dream of the day I can listen to the Cry Wolf trailer song.

• MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff

I agree that it is an AWESOME soundtrack, but I have no information on a soundtrack release. Unfortunately that's an area that I have no influence over... especially considering that I didn't even WORK on Wolf.

• Hey Mark! I don't know about anyone else, but I love it when you guys post on these forums. The Walking Dead was the first Telltale game I played. I played the first episode as one of the free episodes available at the time and wasn't immediately sold on it, but I gave it a chance and played episode 2... never looked back since. Incredibly well written episode and has remained my favorite :)

Literally can't wait to see what you've done with Borderlands. The awesomeness of the trailer has not helped at all!

• Thanks so much - this really helps! I'm glad TellTale is still sticking with telling new stories - looking forward to playing!

I'd say the answers you've gotten so far are pretty accurate. There is nothing in the game that you will totally not understand if you've n

• Wow, I didn't know there was a lore thread - I'll go check that out! This community is so helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Dyeingbrad posted: »

In each Borderlands you're kinda dumped in the world and you get immersed, so I feel in this game it'd be the same, but there is a really he

• hopefully I won't be bored of lands anytime soon.

I'll let myself out now...

• Hmm, is there anyone you could ask who would be better suited to give an answer?

I agree that it is an AWESOME soundtrack, but I have no information on a soundtrack release. Unfortunately that's an area that I have no influence over... especially considering that I didn't even WORK on Wolf.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

@8bitnick who makes some of the music for TWAU said that he was going to try to talk to the "higher ups" about releasing the soundtrack but nothing has happened yet so i guess there is still a while to wait for a soundtrack.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Hmm, is there anyone you could ask who would be better suited to give an answer?

• No problem~! Borderlands is one of my favorite series, so I am happy to let people join in.

Wow, I didn't know there was a lore thread - I'll go check that out! This community is so helpful. Thanks a bunch!

• I’m guessing it will be even more amazingly epic...like as in BS crapping a Pearlescent...I don’t think that’s actually possible, but in the BL2 Dragon Keep DLC, once rescued, Butt Stallion will end up near Moxxi’s bar where there’s 2 “Tiny Tina’s Lootsplosion” slot machines which cost 2 Eridium per spin to play, BUT...if you get 3× 20-sided dice on a spin AND roll a 20, there’s a small (however infinitesimal it may be...) chance that you may recieve a Pearl weapon...just got my first-ever one the other day in a BL game whilst playing BL2 with that method...too bad it’s basically unusable since I was only playing in Normal Mode as opposed to UVHM. The pistol was lv. 34, my “Ax-O’-Lantern” (what I named my Axton the Commando) is lv. 69 :(

Will the action scenes in T.F.T.B. be so amazingly epic that it'll cause me to poop legendaries from my Butt Stallion?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.