Vaughn or Sasha?

I came up with an idea after playing Episode 1 of Tales from the Borderlands. It's a possible choice that would happen in a future episode, and here's how it goes. Okay, so this is Telltale were talking about, so we have to have at least one choice at one point in the game that is "save ____ or save ____". We usually play as Rhys and Fiona individually, but at the end of the epiosde when you touch the button, we play as both of them to do the same task. So I was thinking, in true Telltale fashion....

What if a future choice is to save either Vaughn or Sasha? But you would need the help of both playable characters, making it impossible to save both. And both Vaughn and Sasha are the token "sidekicks" and best friends of each main character. Now that would be a hard choice.

Do you think this could possibly happen, and if so, who would you choose and why?

Comments

• I bet it will happen and I'll choose Vaughn.

• At the moment probably Sasha.

• edited November 2014

...Wrong game and wrong episode for a spoiler tag...Unless it's for either Doug or Carley which still doesn't matter.

• Vaughn is the boi

• Sasha is a lot more attractive, and my Rhys wouldn't be alone for ever, I promised.

• That would be like hardest choice ever. I like them both a lot. ;_;

• Probably Vaughn. Sasha is more useful, I'm just not really sure how to feel about her at this point.

• Sasha. I don't trust either. One works for Hyperion the other is a thief But Sasha is hot I think it comes down to that for me.

• I don't know...

• I would probably pick Vaughn as of now just because he knows how to accessorize.

• Vaughn. Though Sasha is more useful in fights, I like Vaughn's personality and everything a bunch more.

• Tbh I'm sick of telltale killing off too many characters

• That's a tough one. While I like Vaughn, I have this weird feeling that he will betray us, like if Vasquez were to offer Vaughn the same option he did to Rhys, he would accept it in a heartbeat. And while I like Sasha, I don't fully trust her either and I feel she will betray me if the money was right.

If I had to say, Sasha.

• Honestly depends which character I'm using at that moment.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014
  • i honestly don't know yet but i am calling it now most people are gonna pick sasha over vaughn for the same reason people chose carley over doug

• If they make a choice like that, it should be when you are Rhys. As him you can form a good relationship or bad one with either one. As Fiona, it's only natural you save Sasha.

Honestly depends which character I'm using at that moment.

• Nah, I think Vaughn got a lot more development than Doug did (I still saved Doug, Doug for life), this seems like it would be a much more even split.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i honestly don't know yet but i am calling it now most people are gonna pick sasha over vaughn for the same reason people chose carley over doug

• You spelled Vaughn wrong, Dojo. :P

dojo32161 posted: »

Created a poll. Which sidekick would you save?

• This is why I should turn auto correct off, I'll just create a new poll and change the link.

You spelled Vaughn wrong, Dojo. :P

• idk people say that now but when the time comes the power of the pussy always wins somehow

Nah, I think Vaughn got a lot more development than Doug did (I still saved Doug, Doug for life), this seems like it would be a much more even split.

• You don't have to but okay. :P

This is why I should turn auto correct off, I'll just create a new poll and change the link.

• It's done

You don't have to but okay. :P

• Cool.

It's done

• Well, if it ever came down to it, it will always come down to how the situation is presented.

Jewfreeus posted: »

idk people say that now but when the time comes the power of the pussy always wins somehow

• hmm though i like them both, but i like Vaugh just a little bit more

• Okay, Im going to respond to the how this happens.
    I mean, it depends, doesn't it?
    Sure, we are all shipping Sasha and Rhys hard.
    However, what if Rhys isn't in the picture?
    I guess what I am asking, is under what circumstances, and under who are we playing?
    Those are the questions I would like answered, if I had to decide.

• Let's say you are playing as both Rhys and Fiona, like the pressing the button scene. You need the help of both Rhys and Fiona to help only one character, so the other character inevitably dies.

Gortys posted: »

Okay, Im going to respond to the how this happens. I mean, it depends, doesn't it? Sure, we are all shipping Sasha and Rhys hard. However

• Vaughn, I feel if Felix died than Sasha will turn on you, for saying Fiona was his favorite.

• I would say Sasha.
    I mean, Vaughn, is great and all, but in the long run. Is an accountant actually useful on Pandora?

Fiona has Charisma, Rhys is amazing with tech, and has his Loader Bot Bae, and Sasha is an amazing shot and is also Charismatic, slightly less so than Fiona.

Vaughn, after Episode One, has unfortunately, outran his usefulness.

Let's say you are playing as both Rhys and Fiona, like the pressing the button scene. You need the help of both Rhys and Fiona to help only one character, so the other character inevitably dies.

• Sasha, I don't really like Vaughn all that much, I think he's a bit annoying and Sasha is funnier to me so yeah, I like Sasha way more than Vaughn so I'd save her, it'd suck though because that would mean she's going to die too.

• As others have said, it'd probably depend on the circumstances and who I was playing as.

I like both of me sidekicks, but I don't know how natural it would feel for me to have Rhys or Fiona leave their best friend/sister for the sake of someone they just met.

• I'd go with Sasha. I sided with Vaughn throughout the first episode, but I can only take so much of Chris Hardwick's voice...

• Vaughn. No regrets!

• i'll choose Sasha. she is a better character and have a better charisma than Vaughn.

• Vaughn... no Sasha... VAUGN!.... SASHA!!!.... (head explodes)

• I like Sasha more, but I can't and I won't betray Vaughn.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.