How do you think the relationship between Rhys and Loader Bot will pan out?

So as you all know, in this episode Rhys was given the choice of whether or not to have Loader Bot self destruct or allow him to flee, so I'm curious as to how this will affect their relationship. Loader Bot either comes back declaring you is righteous father or he straight out tells you that you suck. So how do you think it'll be handled? Will it e more difficult to convince the Loader ot to help us? Or will the Loader ot just act differently towards Rhys?

Comments

• Nope, if you make him self destruct, he comes back proclaiming "You suck!"

So he is not a determinant character.

Flog61 posted: »

I think loader bot can die can't it?

• edited December 2014

I think loader bot can die can't it?

• edited December 2014

Oh right yes.

Why he?

dojo32161 posted: »

Nope, if you make him self destruct, he comes back proclaiming "You suck!" So he is not a determinant character.

• If we let Loader Bot flee, we'll have a father-son relationship.

''I will name my first born, Loader Bot.'' ~Rhys

''Righteous father! I have found you!'' ~Loader Bot

• What do you mean by "Why he?"?

Oh right yes. Why he?

• Probably because it has a male voice...Kinda

Why're you calling it he when it has no sex

• Why're you calling it he when it has no sex

What do you mean by "Why he?"?

• Probably because it has a male voice. Kinda....

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2014

Episode 2 has an achievement, Bro or Bot, meaning Vaughn or Loader Bot. I'm really curious to see the results of that...

• Sounded like a robot voice to me.

Crips posted: »

Probably because it has a male voice. Kinda....

• Mostly because he sounds a lot more like a male than it does female, with a deeper voice, I could call him an it, but that doesn't feel right to me.

• Hopefully it will lead to a kick-ass robot fight with him either winning or losing depending on how much you believe in Loader Bot.

• I totally approve if Telltale go this route. :)

If we let Loader Bot flee, we'll have a father-son relationship. ''I will name my first born, Loader Bot.'' ~Rhys ''Righteous father! I have found you!'' ~Loader Bot

• I doubt Telltale would make it that big of a deal, but I suppose one can hope.

Yeah...

• I am hoping there will be a running gag of making Loader Bot explode every episode.

• Adorable. xD

If we let Loader Bot flee, we'll have a father-son relationship. ''I will name my first born, Loader Bot.'' ~Rhys ''Righteous father! I have found you!'' ~Loader Bot

• Sounds more male than female.

• Loader Bot was clearly the break-out star of episode one, so if Telltale really does pay attention to their forums and adjusts the game thusly I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of our favourite Robo-Son.

(Side Note: I wonder what the writers think when one random character seems to resonate so much with so many players. Are they like, "What? Where the hell did that come from?!" or were they fully aware of LB's awesomeness from the start?)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I feel havig Loader Bot "die" in every episode might be to predictable like Kenny's deaths in early South Park but it would be fun to have a running gag involving Loader Bot :P

I am hoping there will be a running gag of making Loader Bot explode every episode.

• Lol, that's a good question. Maybe they gave him some funny lines, but didn't think Loader Bot will become a hit

Loader Bot was clearly the break-out star of episode one, so if Telltale really does pay attention to their forums and adjusts the game thus

• Just want to say: There is background information that suggests the Loader Bots are female.

Sounds more male than female.

• Screw vaughn, loader bots forever

• Like?

TonyFedora posted: »

Just want to say: There is background information that suggests the Loader Bots are female.

• Ah, yet another "choice"

Nope, if you make him self destruct, he comes back proclaiming "You suck!" So he is not a determinant character.

• edited January 2015

A beautiful relationship between a father and his son...ok, probably a hilarious robot version of Geppetto and Pinocchio tbh.XD

• edited January 2015

Oh, did you come here to complain some more?

Ah, yet another "choice"

• Exactly.

Like?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited January 2015

Have you seen the TWD section? They generate quite a lot of complaints (me included, but only on one particular thing).

Oh sorry, I forgot that these forums were only for bowing down and worshiping Telltale. Even mild criticism is out of the question.

• Oh sorry, I forgot that these forums were only for bowing down and worshiping Telltale. Even mild criticism is out of the question.

J-Master posted: »

Oh, did you come here to complain some more?

• Criticism is definitely needed, but it seems like that's ALL you're doing.

Oh sorry, I forgot that these forums were only for bowing down and worshiping Telltale. Even mild criticism is out of the question.

• I don't have much positive to say about their current direction. They are making games I really really don't love based on franchises I love. I wish they still wanted to make games that I wanted to play.

As it stands, I end up just watching most of the games on youtube, because I don't want to support this direction financially.

Criticism is definitely needed, but it seems like that's ALL you're doing.

• edited January 2015

Sometimes things change, and you're either with it or you're not, if you don't support this direction then why are you still around?

I don't have much positive to say about their current direction. They are making games I really really don't love based on franchises I lov

• Just imagining loader bot following Rhys around like a baby duck is adorable, and ducklings are yellow, so that kind of works. But we're totally going to see loader bot having to decide between saving the group or just leaving them on their own, most likely a sacrifice or him flying off into the sunset thing.

• Because the Borderlands series is one of my favorite things on earth. It just hurts that this could've been so much more than it is.

Sometimes things change, and you're either with it or you're not, if you don't support this direction then why are you still around?

• How exactly?

Because the Borderlands series is one of my favorite things on earth. It just hurts that this could've been so much more than it is.

• edited January 2015

An interactive story driven adventure that focuses on action and comedy, I don't think puzzles could work in Borderlands, it would feel out of place and lame.

And thanks to Telltale, I'm interested in Borderlands, so.....what's the problem.

Because the Borderlands series is one of my favorite things on earth. It just hurts that this could've been so much more than it is.

• It was a male robot voice. Glados is a female robot voice.

Sounded like a robot voice to me.

• By having puzzles so that I could actually enjoy playing it instead of just watching it.

How exactly?

• Puzzles can work in any setting, it's just problem solving. There are plenty of problems on Pandora.

An interactive story driven adventure that focuses on action and comedy, I don't think puzzles could work in Borderlands, it would feel out of place and lame. And thanks to Telltale, I'm interested in Borderlands, so.....what's the problem.

• That is a fair request but I can not think of a time puzzles could work in episode 1.

By having puzzles so that I could actually enjoy playing it instead of just watching it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.