Steam vs DRM-free keys

I purchased Tales from the borderlands through GMG and never realised it was a DRM-free key. Is there any way for me to get a Steam key now? Even if that requires me having to add money.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2014

There is no DRM free version of TftB that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, Telltale's cooperation with GOG has ended in 2011.

GMG has probably announced and given you a key for the Telltale Store, which usually employs a one time activation DRM mechanism.

You can try to contact GMG for a refund and buy from Steam again, but don't come back shedding tears when the Telltale Store releases an episode earlier! ;)

• Yes, it was a key for the Telltale Store, sorry I am unfamiliar with such mechanisms since I didnt even know there was this "Telltale DRM". I normally preffer to wait untill at least 3 episodes are released, and only bought it now because it had a sweet discount (I bought 1 for me and 1 for a friend because both he and I thought it was steam, but he is a steam-only guy).

I'll probably activate mine on telltale store but I am f***ed with this extra copy ;/. Anyway, how sooner are the episodes released there?

Vainamoinen posted: »

There is no DRM free version of TftB that I'm aware of. Unfortunately, Telltale's cooperation with GOG has ended in 2011. GMG has probabl

• They aren't necessarily released sooner here. ;)

It's usually more the throw of a dice...

Hearst posted: »

Yes, it was a key for the Telltale Store, sorry I am unfamiliar with such mechanisms since I didnt even know there was this "Telltale DRM".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.