This is my last Telltale

Comments

• They never said 4-6 weeks thou

Well, I can understand him. If they say 4-6 weeks and then you got to wait 2 months... well it's misleading at least. They deserve us some excuses because what they are selling in the FAQ is false.

• We're all just going around in circles really, aren't we?
    "When will there be updates?? I'm dying here!"
    "Just be patient, it'll be out soon."
    A week later
    "WELL WHERE THE FUCK IS IT????"

Or at least that's what's going on in my mind at the moment.

• How many episodes are there in a season, and when are they made available?

There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart.

FAQ

They never said 4-6 weeks thou

• edited January 2015

He is not complaining about episodic series, he is complaining about the lack of a schedule and information.

Good for you, you don't like episodic game series. Telltale's not changing so either deal with it like us all or wait till they're all released.

• He kind of is...

When you complain about the lack of scheduling and info in episodic series then you're complaining about episodic series.

Let me remind you that they do have a schedule and do give out information but you can't expect them to set a dead line on themselves if they want a good game. They give out info everywhere but everyone is too impatient to wait a while, they expect it in like a week.

TMLC posted: »

He is not complaining about episodic series, he is complaining about the lack of a schedule and information.

• It wouldn't hurt TT to have 1 extra episode ready before launching the series (in other words, to launch the first once the second is ready; this would allow a more predictable schedule).

OzzyUK posted: »

Whenever I turn to my favorite television shows for the latest episode, I can pretty much be assured it will be there when I tune in. This i

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They could do that but it would probably take them longer to release episode 1 as they would also need to make episode 2 ready before they release it, we would then need to wait while they make episode 3 so there will still be a gap between episodes.

Also like it mentioned before they take feedback from real player stats and playtesters to make changes to the next episode and if they had episode 2 finished they would be unable to implement any changes that they might want to make if they had already finished it.

It wouldn't hurt TT to have 1 extra episode ready before launching the series (in other words, to launch the first once the second is ready; this would allow a more predictable schedule).

• I will have to disagree on that. The lack of information and schedule is not something that defines an episodic series (if he was just complaining about the waiting, it would be another matter).

And TT do give very few info. They don’t even need to give a specific deadline (it would be very complicated considering the way they work), but to tell us that and episode is going to take more than the 2 month general deadline (when it becomes obvious to them) with some sort of explanation (even a vague one) is the least they can do, for example. A fix known day for updates in the development would also be an interesting thing.

And all this is simply transparency. It has nothing to do with impatience or even reliability. People will be impatient anyway and delays can happen. The point here is information.

He kind of is... When you complain about the lack of scheduling and info in episodic series then you're complaining about episodic series

• You don't need it, they give it to you. This entire thing is stupid, they give information as it comes.

Deal with it.

I will have to disagree on that. The lack of information and schedule is not something that defines an episodic series (if he was just compl

• Just to add something here. I’m saying that TT’s way to deal with this kind of thing is not the best and a more open and direct communication would be a better approach.

At the same time, I’m not agreeing that the best answer to this wrong policy is a simple and superficial “I will not play your games anymore”. To people that think this way, I would suggest to see this episodic releases as an equivalent of alpha releases and, so, to way for the end of the season to get it as a whole.

But if we are not to be so radical, the best way of action is to let TT know that they are not taking the best approach to this things and suggest a better a way (kind of how I’m doing here, but maybe in a more open and direct way so they listen).

He kind of is... When you complain about the lack of scheduling and info in episodic series then you're complaining about episodic series

• They won't listen.

Just to add something here. I’m saying that TT’s way to deal with this kind of thing is not the best and a more open and direct communicatio

• They could do that but it would probably take them longer to release episode 1 as they would also need to make episode 2 ready before they release it

But would not that be the lesser of two evils? It is easier to wait one more moth to start playing a game than it is to continue playing one that you had already started.

we would then need to wait while they make episode 3 so there will still be a gap between episodes.

The idea is not to eliminate the gaps (the system is still episodic), but to avoid that some are too stretched by unexpected problems in the development of the episodes (making a schedule easier to follow.

Also like it mentioned before they take feedback from real player stats and playtesters to make changes to the next episode

And that’s something else that is a completely separate issue to be considered. With the exception of problems with the game mechanics, I don’t think that TT should just change the story based on this feedbacks. Tell the story you want to tell, not the one people expect (or not) to hear. Feedbacks like this should only influence other seasons.

They could do that but it would probably take them longer to release episode 1 as they would also need to make episode 2 ready before they r

• You don't need it, they give it to you. This entire thing is stupid, they give information as it comes. Deal with it.

They won't listen.

So, just to resume your last two comments: “f* off, I’m not hearing to what you say, lalalalalalala”.

Hum… nice talking to you man. Very productive.

They won't listen.

• No it's more like "I don't give a shit, stop being hard on Telltale for no reason other than you all can't just wait for news like everyone else but rather demand they tell you all everything. They don't know when they'll finish, just wait."

You don't need it, they give it to you. This entire thing is stupid, they give information as it comes. Deal with it. They won't list

• Which only proves that you were not even really reading my posts. Will no longer waste my time then.

No it's more like "I don't give a shit, stop being hard on Telltale for no reason other than you all can't just wait for news like everyone else but rather demand they tell you all everything. They don't know when they'll finish, just wait."

• edited January 2015

Okay, bye.

Rather not waste my time either.

Which only proves that you were not even really reading my posts. Will no longer waste my time then.

• Telltale is shit when it comes to release dates. My heart still hurts from TWAU lol.

• I believe they should finish the whole series before they release the game. Just like a TV series it annoys me that they ask you to buy all episodes and then you are waiting months for them. Expecially android uses they have to wait longer. There is barley any updates about when the next episode is out. You send them an email and there is no reply. I think as good as the games are it is one of the most unprofessional company's. They have a responsibility to there customers to make more of an effort to give more updates because if it wasn't for us buying the games telltale games would not exist

• They give updates when they have solid information to give. They don't have to update us on every development.

dalejj posted: »

I believe they should finish the whole series before they release the game. Just like a TV series it annoys me that they ask you to buy all

• edited January 2015

@ OP : You the real mvp .

I don't care that much about the wait , whether it's 4 weeks or 4 months because I know they're doing their best . All they have to do is to be a little more informative .

Take TFTB as an example , episode 2 is in its final stage and I'm sure they can give us way more info than "soon" . I'm not asking for an exact date , just a "in 3 or 4 weeks " would be more than enough .

• I don't buy that they change that much based on player feedback. I saw quite a bit of that back in Season 1 of the Walking Dead (an example would be making Larry more sympathetic through Lilly or making Ben less sympathetic, more pathetic) but there's been nary a hint of visible player feedback since then.
    They've just bitten off more than they can chew, and unfortunately that affects how long it takes them to crank out episodes and sometimes even the quality of the episodes.

Whenever I turn to my favorite television shows for the latest episode, I can pretty much be assured it will be there when I tune in. This i

• Goodbye...?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

They really can't do that though, since they have to sync up the dates with their distribution partners (most of their distribution partners are the ones who set the dates and every platform has their own different certification process). If they set a time frame out in advance there's a chance that they'd miss it due to the fact that the certification process can sometimes take longer than usual. They've set estimates and missed them before due to factors out of their control, and the fan backlash wasn't pretty. Since they have no direct control over the release dates, it's much better to just let people know that development of the game is going well, and then give release dates once they have them.

Arrowtic posted: »

@ OP : You the real mvp . I don't care that much about the wait , whether it's 4 weeks or 4 months because I know they're doing their bes

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited January 2015

Again .....why do people post these (I'm gonna leave now ,please beg me to stay) threads.
    Say nothing and ..just..leave...

Alt text

• You just burnt that guy... CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!

Which only proves that you were not even really reading my posts. Will no longer waste my time then.

• <3 You too Milky.

You just burnt that guy... CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!

• You can give them all the excuses you want, but at the end of the day it's not hard to post a comment on how things are going that's all people want. It would take 5 minutes out of there time. I don't complain about the price because I believe it's fair. But it would good if they communicated better with there customers. For e.g in the play store someone might complain about a glitch or they are having problems and they do not respond. Where as other companies will refer u to previous comments about a problem and tell u to contact them if you are still experiencing the problem. Better communication is all I any others ask for. and once every 4 to 6 weeks is not good enough. so the release schedule is out of there hands fair enough, but how hard is it really to say hey guys games is 25% finished or 50% or what ever. Just keep us in the loop other wise people will stop buying there games and it does not matter how good the games are. I have bought every game they have brought out I have spent about $100 bucks don't I and others have right to know when the game (we pre purchashed) is going to be available

• For e.g in the play store someone might complain about a glitch or they are having problems and they do not respond.

Going to guess you've never been to the support section here.

I have bought every game they have brought out I have spent about $100 bucks don't I and others have right to know when the game (we pre purchashed) is going to be available

You don't have a "Right". Wait for the game, you guys act like it's a year until you get it.

but how hard is it really to say hey guys games is 25% finished or 50% or what ever.

I don't understand why you all expect Telltale to do this when you don't expect big name companies to.

You can give them all the excuses you want, but at the end of the day it's not hard to post a comment on how things are going that's all peo

• [removed]

• I think somebody needs a scooby-snack...

• Or 2

I think somebody needs a scooby-snack...

• I got you man ;)

Or 2

• Why the hell is this guy not entitled to an opinion? Whats with the venom you would think that people had been peronaly attacked by the OP. People are defending telltale like its a wounded puppy or something and acting like anyone that says anything against it are kicking its head in!

• I don't understand what benefit comes from that anyway. It doesn't make the wait time any less and it might just frustrate people more. "It's been a month and only 25% of the game is done? What are your people,doing?"

For e.g in the play store someone might complain about a glitch or they are having problems and they do not respond. Going to guess

• I thought you were going to argue with me, let me tell you how happy I am you aren't.

Yeah, it will only cause more trouble than it's worth.

KCohere posted: »

I don't understand what benefit comes from that anyway. It doesn't make the wait time any less and it might just frustrate people more. "It's been a month and only 25% of the game is done? What are your people,doing?"

• No arguments from me, lol. I never could understand the demand for constant updates telling us the game isn't ready yet.

I thought you were going to argue with me, let me tell you how happy I am you aren't. Yeah, it will only cause more trouble than it's worth.

• Me neither.

KCohere posted: »

No arguments from me, lol. I never could understand the demand for constant updates telling us the game isn't ready yet.

• Personally op when it comes to telltales games i follow their practices, i play the game and wait for a steam sale to pay. Because I'm tailoring my wallet to their decisions. That way we both wins

• Because I'm tailoring my wallet to their decisions.

I like this. XD

Personally op when it comes to telltales games i follow their practices, i play the game and wait for a steam sale to pay. Because I'm tailoring my wallet to their decisions. That way we both wins

This discussion has been closed.