Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• To be honest the start of the game was probably the worst part but I have to admit it would be easy to dislike this game, I was rolling my eyes while playing it at times

You didn't try it though, you tried the trial. So what did you expect in response to your rather aggressive comment? You found

• I know, if you dislike the game then that's fine. However I get upset when you don't even give it a try then say it's bad.

To be honest the start of the game was probably the worst part but I have to admit it would be easy to dislike this game, I was rolling my eyes while playing it at times

• Whatever you say dude. People do say hella, I've known some girls who are b*tches to everyone, and what says David is a sexual predator? XD

No people dont act like that * Max maybe, though she seems to be overly sarcastic and with the teacher crush etc just been given things

• =3 is not =3 without Ray.

=3 is back though...

• I wouldn't be surprised if they did flesh out the characters in the following episodes. Which is why, among other things, my predicted rating is higher than my current one.

Maybe because it was the debut episode, the developers wanted to play it safe. Who knows? Maybe they start branching out in future episodes

1. I completely agree.

2. I don't agree. Her monologues are largely just exposition, like Lee and his brick, only more saturated. Her monotone voice adds fuel to the fire, to the point where it's a drudging disappointing waste of 3-5 seconds every time she starts doing it. But again, that's just my opinion.

Yousurename posted: »

I think a big part of the problem is that this is just the first episode. The game is obviously trying to set up the clique-y highschool bac

• Its a japanese game if you play in original language im sure the lips will be synched, the voice acting will probably be less wooden too. If they synched the lips to every language the release date would be pushed back alot, as english speakers we have a tendancy to forget that we're not the only consumers of media.

damn western elitism

The lip-synching made me laugh, It was horrible. XD

• Telltale copied choose your own adventure books from the 80s in that case

whereisLee posted: »

Oh, then... is Dontnod trying to copy telltale games without a grain of shame? I know games inspire each other, and telltales can't claim copyright of their 'game system', but this kind of copy is a bit 'low' I think. just my opinion.

• edited February 2015

I thought this was brilliantly done.

The story is a little rough here and there, but the overall experience is very good. The story is at the forefront, but the gameplay actually encourages you to explore the world to delve deeper into the life of Max and those around her. Look carefully enough and you can also find some more personal and some potential foreshadowing from other characters too. The choices are tough too as your never quite sure how they could effect Max and even though you can rewind time to redo a choice (straight afterwards only), it's still not always clear and I think it actually adds another level of complexity to the situation in question.

I also think they've shown Telltale up in some departments. The first and most noticeable of which is the schedule. We already have a rough idea when episode 2 will come out for Life is Strange and they've said each one should be about every 6 weeks. This is something I strongly dislike about TT currently as it seems they are getting even worse with their scheduling of each episode. On top of that, they're already talking about new projects coming late this year or early next year. It shows a complete lack of respect to the fans who are expected to wait patiently (and try and remember where they are in the story) for another announcement of when each episode will be out. If this ethos continues, I'm sadly going to have to become one of those who waits till the whole season is out before purchasing again.

Life is Strange also brings a lot of playability to the genre for reasons stated above too. While I do play though TT games after completion, It's usually just the picking different choices that give you fresh and new perspectives.

I'm definitely on board for this game and look forward to episode 2 (in March) and the rest of the season.

• Those Bastards! I knew something was off about TWD.

Telltale copied choose your own adventure books from the 80s in that case

• Anybody ever play the video game Alan Wake. Felt like Life is Strange had a similar intro (not saying that's a bad thing), with the dream sequence, running away towards a light house, gaining a super power afterwards. Alan Wake was heavily influenced by Twin Peaks and this game may be as well, since we see a reference to it literally in the game (on Chloe's front license plate).

• Actually it's a game from Dontnod, which is a French company. Square Enix only published it.

Its a japanese game if you play in original language im sure the lips will be synched, the voice acting will probably be less wooden too. I

• I have it down as game influenced by Telltale for design but Gone Home for the gameplay. Alan Wake did spring to mind as soon as I saw the lighthouse mind.

DoubleJump posted: »

Anybody ever play the video game Alan Wake. Felt like Life is Strange had a similar intro (not saying that's a bad thing), with the dream se

• There no excuse then

The bastards!

dojo32161 posted: »

Actually it's a game from Dontnod, which is a French company. Square Enix only published it.

• That was absolutely terrible. She was so nonchalant in such a hectic situation, made me laugh xD

I really hope they step up Max's character (mainly her monotone voice). Oh god yes.... (wakes up in a storm with chaos everywhere) "oh god.... where am i" ...... "how did i get here"

• And Dontnod is a french company right?

Actually it's a game from Dontnod, which is a French company. Square Enix only published it.

• Telltale didn't create this type of game. Did they?

Revec posted: »

I have it down as game influenced by Telltale for design but Gone Home for the gameplay. Alan Wake did spring to mind as soon as I saw the lighthouse mind.

• Oui, Dontnod est une companie française.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

And Dontnod is a french company right?

• edited February 2015

I dont think so these games are kind of like otome games (japanese dating games) just not so weird.

Edit: ever played Catherine its like that

Telltale didn't create this type of game. Did they?

• Earliest video game I can think of that shows a similar style is Indigo Prophecy, but more than likely that's an influence off of something else.

Telltale didn't create this type of game. Did they?

• edited February 2015

I.. uh....

Habla Ingles, por favor. :p

You speak French fluently?

Oui, Dontnod est une companie française.

• Yeah, I've been taught French as long as I can remember.

I.. uh.... Habla Ingles, por favor. You speak French fluently?

• Never played it, or any otome games. I was fairly sure, though, that TTG didn't create their form of gaming, merely adapted and (in certain respects) perfected it.

I dont think so these games are kind of like otome games (japanese dating games) just not so weird. Edit: ever played Catherine its like that

• To an extent Fable as well

Earliest video game I can think of that shows a similar style is Indigo Prophecy, but more than likely that's an influence off of something else.

• Wish I was bi(or more)ligual. Sadly I grew up in a very... single minded sort of home, only got the chance to learn English :p

German would be such a fantastic language to know! To bad after adolescence it's so damn hard to learn another language, but I digress. Lol.

Yeah, I've been taught French as long as I can remember.

• edited February 2015

Max is such a boring character, I would have rather played as Chloe. Overall I found it interesting. I like that it's something original; I wish Telltale would do something original. The licensed games are great, but something original from them would be great.

• Telltale announced a while ago that they were working on an original IP.

MosesARose posted: »

Max is such a boring character, I would have rather played as Chloe. Overall I found it interesting. I like that it's something original; I

• I don't see her a boring as such, just the quiet type. She's still young don't forget and at around that age, you don't really know who you are yet.

Max is such a boring character, I would have rather played as Chloe. Overall I found it interesting. I like that it's something original; I

• I don't find her boring, I find her to be a normal shy girl.

• So guys/girls I have a question..... so Warren obviously likes Max as more than a friend right?(atleast I think so). Now my question is does Max just not like him more than a friend or is she just oblivious to his feelings for her?

• Just my theory, but I think they've been friends for a while and Warren has been hiding his feelings for her till now. Now he's in that awkward stage of trying to let her know or show her how he feels.

Poor bloke. It's a horrible position to be in.

So guys/girls I have a question..... so Warren obviously likes Max as more than a friend right?(atleast I think so). Now my question is does Max just not like him more than a friend or is she just oblivious to his feelings for her?

• Exactly!

Most people don't really know who they are at that age or feel as though they "fit in". It's quite common for it to go on for years later in fact.

I don't find her boring, I find her to be a normal shy girl.

• I think she friendzoned him pretty much, I hope we get a choice to date him...

I can totally see him sacrificing himself for us.

So guys/girls I have a question..... so Warren obviously likes Max as more than a friend right?(atleast I think so). Now my question is does Max just not like him more than a friend or is she just oblivious to his feelings for her?

• You can see it? He's already tried and he got an amazing looking black eye out of the deal.

I think she friendzoned him pretty much, I hope we get a choice to date him... I can totally see him sacrificing himself for us.

• I mean like death sacrifice.

You can see it? He's already tried and he got an amazing looking black eye out of the deal.

• I think she knows it, she just isn't ready to reciprocate, yet.

• Before that was Shenmue.

Earliest video game I can think of that shows a similar style is Indigo Prophecy, but more than likely that's an influence off of something else.

• Can someone help out with the 'Life Is Strange' wikia. Here! Please help :)

• Dude this is awesome of you to do. I was hoping a wikia page would show up. I will help if I can :D

#TeamSarah posted: »

Can someone help out with the 'Life Is Strange' wikia. Here! Please help

• edited February 2015

Ign gave the first episode a 6.5....what idiots lol I know remember why i never listen to there reviews. Mitch Dyer is a terrible reviewer, even the commenters agree he gave the game too low a score.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/02/life-is-strange-episode-1-review

Sign in to comment in this discussion.