Mmm. TTG disappeared from the forums. TftB is 3 months late. Another TWAU effect?

It's so loong that we're waiting for TftB, and TTG staff disappeared from the forum.
Do you think they have problems like they had in TWAU?
Or there is a new policy that suggest them to not partecipate too much on the forum?
The only one that is active is ArthurV and the guy from the support forum.

What's happening to our beloved company?

Comments

• What's happening to our beloved company?

Nothing at all. This is pretty typical for telltale.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited February 2015

Company is still too small. Even with their newly hired help.
    And I am soooooooooooo tired of waiting for a game that takes 2-3 months to make and can be completed in 1 -2 hours .

• Pretty sure they ran away from all of the people complaining about GOT episode 2.

• edited February 2015

Said this a while ago on the Steam forum, but outside of problems they may have run into, a possible reason for the 'delay' is that the episode could be bigger/longer than GoT episode 2.

Borderlands episode one was 2.5 hours long for me, I think. GoT was 114 and 104 minutes for each of the episodes. File size, while not always indicative of length and such, is also around 400 mb bigger, I think, on the Steam DB?

Anyway, no way to say for sure. But just going off the first episode length and the file size. File size could change as well.

• can't exactly be 3 months late when the first episode came out 2 months ago what you expected episode 2 to be released before or right after episode 1? and don't go acting like it is twau we have gotten news about tales unlike wolf where we were left in the dark until about the week before it came

• Its simply them allocating resources to their larger and more successful franchise (GOT), now they have finished ep 2 they will probably focus almost exclusively on ep 2 of TftB. The same thing happened with the wolf among us, they had TWD as their main focus.

Only good point is that regardless of the time they spend on each episode or their focus on it they generally turn out great.

• they had TWD as their main focus

except that isn't the case they took turns and wolf ended up getting 2 episodes in a row like game of thrones did at one point so yea

_Flem_ posted: »

Its simply them allocating resources to their larger and more successful franchise (GOT), now they have finished ep 2 they will probably foc

• We was left with the Jack screenshots for months for TWAU ep.2, if I remember correctly.

And, if it's not 3 full months YET between episodes, it's far beyond the 4-6 weeks the F.A.Q. promised. Remember that people bought the game reading those and if they would've read that they've gotta wait for months instead of weeks.... well, maybe someone would have saved their money.

Jewfreeus posted: »

can't exactly be 3 months late when the first episode came out 2 months ago what you expected episode 2 to be released before or right after

• edited February 2015

we got the screenshot of jack when we found out that it was coming in february which was a week or two before it came out and sorry but that is their fault they should know by now how this works and like i have said to another person who is full anti-telltale the thing on their faq is an estimate not a promise notice how they don't say they will they say usually, usually does not mean 100%

There are six episodes in this first season of Game of Thrones. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart.

We was left with the Jack screenshots for months for TWAU ep.2, if I remember correctly. And, if it's not 3 full months YET between episo

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

we got the screenshot of jack when we found out that it was coming in february which was a week or two before it came out

The first screenshots with Jack where released December 6th 2013 http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/53163/sneak-peek-at-the-wolf-among-us-episode-2-smoke-mirrors

Telltale staff still sometimes come to the forum but they seem to be doing it less than the did in the past, i like it when they do come as it's interesting to find out small facts like when @bubbledncr told us about some of the creative process for TWD season 2 and @ArthurV telling us about how he wrote the lyrics for the song in GoT.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer, maybe it's taking slightly longer because they need to make sure that all the variables work correctly from both character perspectives. They are still updating the Steam database so it's not like they are not working on something.

we got the screenshot of jack when we found out that it was coming in february which was a week or two before it came out and sorry but that

• I am quite annoyed because GOT came out after TftB but the second episode is earlier. I will wait and I hope it comes out this week but yeah I don't get why they write in the FAQ that between episodes there is a 4-6 weeks gap even though there isn't. I know it's always been over 2 months wait but why write it in the first place?

• edited February 2015

Heh, I posted above that a possible reason for 'delays' is that the episode might be longer than episode 2 of GoT. Before, it was like 1.85gb? And now that I've just checked the Steam DB again, it's like 2.11gb, whereas GoT episode 2 was only like 1.45 - 1.48gb.

Again though, file size can go lower etc. and it's in no way 100% guaranteed that the episode will be long.

OzzyUK posted: »

we got the screenshot of jack when we found out that it was coming in february which was a week or two before it came out The first

• It was an Unofficial FAQ, going off research from previous seasons. It doesn't make it accepted fact.

gwendog posted: »

I am quite annoyed because GOT came out after TftB but the second episode is earlier. I will wait and I hope it comes out this week but yeah

• edited February 2015

Oh, that reminds me that both Jessica Brezzo ( @bubbledncr ) and Jolie Menzel left TTG lately.
    If you add that also the Lead TftB Season Designer Harrison Pink left TTG too last year, well maybe that's the problem.

So many leavings lately.... Maybe this is also the reason of the delays.

we got the screenshot of jack when we found out that it was coming in february which was a week or two before it came out The first

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Jessica Brezzo ( @bubbledncr ) and Jolie Menzel left TTG lately.

Jessica much have only left recently as i remember seeing her name in the credits, i don't think them leaving would make a big difference in production time as someone else could take their place.

Oh, that reminds me that both Jessica Brezzo ( @bubbledncr ) and Jolie Menzel left TTG lately. If you add that also the Lead TftB Season De

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

That could also be a reason, it would be good if we did have another long episode :)

Rob_K posted: »

Heh, I posted above that a possible reason for 'delays' is that the episode might be longer than episode 2 of GoT. Before, it was like 1.85g

• unoffical FAQ on the offical telltale website? hmm, okay? i don't get it.

stevean2 posted: »

It was an Unofficial FAQ, going off research from previous seasons. It doesn't make it accepted fact.

• edited February 2015

While it was said wrong about it being an unofficial faq, what Stevean2 said is indeed correct.

No-one's disputing that Telltale could communicate better and such, but what they state on the faq is not a promise. It's only an estimated time of release. Personally, I'd say 4 - 8 weeks, or 4 - 12 weeks (maybe 6 - 12, but it's usually the 2nd episode that takes longest) would be a better estimate than the one they currently give.

gwendog posted: »

unoffical FAQ on the offical telltale website? hmm, okay? i don't get it.

• d wolf ended up getting 2 episodes in a row like game of thrones did at one point

The last two episodes of a series tend to be released close to one another. Around Every Corner and No Time Left were one month apart, In Sheep's Clothing and Cry Wolf were one month apart, and Amid the Ruins and No Going Back were one month apart. Game of Thrones two in a row is likely due to the 6 episode season and it fits better with their scheduling.

they had TWD as their main focus except that isn't the case they took turns and wolf ended up getting 2 episodes in a row like game of thrones did at one point so yea

• I still don't even know why Harrison Pink left.

• They haven't disappeared from the Forums, it isn't three months late...It's still on time pretty much, and nothing is wrong.

• He went to Gearbox, AFAIK.

J-Master posted: »

I still don't even know why Harrison Pink left.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

2K Marin actually!

He went to Gearbox, AFAIK.

• Where did you hear about these people leaving? Twitter? bubbledncr is not listed as "Telltale Allumni" on their profile.

Oh, that reminds me that both Jessica Brezzo ( @bubbledncr ) and Jolie Menzel left TTG lately. If you add that also the Lead TftB Season De

• that isn't the point in fact that kinda proves what i'm trying to say even more cause if they put twd before wolf they wouldn't have done that for wolf wouldn't they?

d wolf ended up getting 2 episodes in a row like game of thrones did at one point The last two episodes of a series tend to be relea

• huh fair enough my bad it definitely felt longer but yea

• It wasn't always. Back in their older days, staff participated on the forums more.

Piggs posted: »

What's happening to our beloved company? Nothing at all. This is pretty typical for telltale.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2015

There is an unofficial FAQ that we Volunteer Moderators wrote on the forums, and there is also an actual FAQ on the game's official page written by Telltale.

I assume they are referring to the FAQ on the game's page that Telltale wrote. The "4-6 weeks" estimate comes from their older, non choice based series. Ever since they started making choice based series that have a much heavier focus on cinematography, writing, etc, they've spent more time working on the episodes since they now have to make more content. In Telltale's older games, they allowed for more player exploration so they did not have to direct as many cutscenes and write as much dialogue. However, with their newer titles, they have to write variations of dialogue for each of the three dialogue options as well as the silent option and they also have to account for a larger portion of the game consisting of directed cutscenes (and other pre-planned content) instead of player-controlled gameplay.

I'd agree with others that it would benefit Telltale to update their FAQ's estimate to be 6-8 weeks.

stevean2 posted: »

It was an Unofficial FAQ, going off research from previous seasons. It doesn't make it accepted fact.

• Im sure we will get some news this week

• Oh well, waiting for 3-4 month is nothing compared to some other games, manga, books or movie sequels...

• Still, it's kind of strange that the lead designer left after the first episode, you'd think he'd at least wait until the series was finished.

stirpicus posted: »

2K Marin actually!

• edited February 2015

Oh yay, people whining about release dates! Looks like the forums are getting back to normal.

• The episode isn't 3 months late, it's just been 3 months since its release.

• Last day at Telltale today :-( Gonna be at the Mayflower tonight for drinks, come by!

— Jessica Brezzo (@BubbleDncr) December 19, 2014

Where did you hear about these people leaving? Twitter? bubbledncr is not listed as "Telltale Allumni" on their profile.

• There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Alt text

But yes you're right. Not participating =/= dissapearing.

They haven't disappeared from the Forums, it isn't three months late...It's still on time pretty much, and nothing is wrong.

• edited February 2015

Okay I did alot of research on the release dates of all the walking dead episodes from season 2 last year. All the episodes (excluding the finale) came out 9-10 weeks apart. The longest we had to wait was 10 weeks and the shortest we had to wait was 9 weeks(excluding the finale). Now switching to Tales from the Borderlands, we are hitting 9 weeks this tuesday Feb.10. That means February 17th will be exactly 10 weeks since the first borderlands came out. I can 99.99% guarantee we will get a trailer and news this week with the episode coming out February 17! #F17 #BELIEVE

• Alt text

Okay I did alot of research on the release dates of all the walking dead episodes from season 2 last year. All the episodes (excluding the f

• edited February 2015

Three months late? Was the episode supposed to come out immediately after first one? Two months seems about right as far as their scheduling so it's right on time,

• Far more as a matter of fact. I'd even remember having conversations with them.

It wasn't always. Back in their older days, staff participated on the forums more.

• what's pretty typical? them releasing games like game of thrones and borderlands that are buggy/glitched as hell out to their customers?

Piggs posted: »

What's happening to our beloved company? Nothing at all. This is pretty typical for telltale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.