The reason episode 2 is taking too long to release is because minecraft story!

A couple weeks ago I seen a post on tweeter from Job saying he just saw some footage for The Mine Craft Story and cannot wait till everyone sees it.

This is ridiculous because I want to continue my journey in Pandora as well as others. Come on guys please go back to your 4-6 week schedule and stay focused on one project at a time.

Comments

• Too late at this point.

• edited February 2015

i doubt it has to do with that just because they announce it doesn't mean they are fully developing it plus they have different teams i am actually shocked that they would even have footage done already (if it is even true) still hate the idea of minecraft though :/

• Yea. They messing up the journey of episode 2. Delays are bad because that means they have to rush new episodes of other games.

• edited February 2015

I don't know about minecraft (though I can't imagine what it even look like but whatever) it's more the fact that they're biting off more than they can swallow. Was Got and Minecraft really that necessary at this time? I don't even want to start on Life is strange, game industry wouldn't have lost anything without it at all. If they were making only TWD (and maybe TWAU) it would be better imo. That way they could've keep with their schedule of a "4-6 weeks release", finished one or two series and started the next one.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i doubt it has to do with that just because they announce it doesn't mean they are fully developing it plus they have different teams i am a

• " Come on guys please go back to your 4-6 week schedule and stay focused on one project at a time."

Seriously though, none of their games have been on that schedule.

• But now it's getting just ridiculous with a 12-weeks waiting and 5 games in developing at the same time.

himmatsj posted: »

" Come on guys please go back to your 4-6 week schedule and stay focused on one project at a time." Seriously though, none of their games have been on that schedule.

• himmatsjhimmatsj Banned
    edited February 2015

It's taking too long due to a multitude of reasons, but the major one dare I say is that they're biting off way more than they can possibly chew at a time.

We know for sure that they are currently working on five games. Two are currently in-season (TFTB and GoT), two more are being actively developed based on info gleaned from interviews (Minecraft and the top-secret IP), and another is in an unknown state of progress (TWD S3),either in the early writing stages, or could have possibly commenced development.

Those are five games we know for certain they are working on. There could be more.

Also, add to the fact that Telltale are now "in demand". As such, they get tons of business proposals from major publishers, and they also actively approach major publishers of all kinds of media to work on their licenses. This requires effort. You need something to present to them. As such, all this eats into development time as well.

Edit: According to this CVG article, TTG is working on MORE than five games! http://www.computerandvideogames.com/483405/telltale-working-on-original-ip-unannounced-partnerships

"The firm said it's working on original IP and unannounced partnerships, in addition to ongoing development of the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands series, plus the recently revealed Minecraft: Story Mode."

• I'm interested to see if Life is Strange keeps its mid-March promise. Currently, things look good. Hopefully, if they succeed to be on-time, Telltale can learn a thing or two from them.

DeityD posted: »

I don't know about minecraft (though I can't imagine what it even look like but whatever) it's more the fact that they're biting off more th

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

I don't think Minecraft i the reason Episode 2 is taking slightly longer than usual, Job only saw some test art and animation which would only be something really basic like walking around.

• Still those require art assets and character models to be developed, and the animation framework to be put in place. All this eats into valuable development time.

OzzyUK posted: »

I don't think Minecraft i the reason Episode 2 is taking slightly longer than usual, Job only saw some test art and animation which would only be something really basic like walking around.

• So I guess people are getting angry again? I dont even go in this section and all I see scrolling up are rage threads. Guess its good I held off on this

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

The Minecraft models are fairly basic and it was only test models and art so it was probably made quickly just to test the idea to show Mojang.

I really don't think they would need lots of people from the TFTB team to help with the concept game as they have more than one person working on animation or other assets per game so it wouldn't cause any issues in development time. I have read tweets from Telltale staff saying that they are working late and on weekends so they are still working hard on TFTB.

Still those require art assets and character models to be developed, and the animation framework to be put in place. All this eats into valuable development time.

• Stating wild speculation as an undeniable fact....come on, we're better than that.

• Where is this twitter post?

I would assume TT is working on the games like this

Tales/GoT - top priority

Minecraft/secret ip/continuation of older ip - low priority

If they have footage of the Minecraft Storymode, cool, that means the team is working and trying out ideas. Why bash a whole series when we really have no idea how the inner workings of TT goes. When I make maps for Garry's mod I will try them out a lot. I'll even start a game where it's just the empty map, just to see if I like the size of it before I go on to working on structures and textures.

If Tales needs time to be dissected by a million points by TT, then I'm cool with that. If they're worried about the game being buggy and they've been working on that, that's awesome. Hearing people have played through it makes that somewhat seem like they are bug testing it, but you never know.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This is the tweet

Just had a peek at some of the test art and animation for Minecraft: Story Mode. Holy crap! Can't wait for everyone to play this!

It's only test art and animation so there is no real footage yet but i suspect that there might be something more playable by E3 so they can show it there.

Dapnee posted: »

Where is this twitter post? I would assume TT is working on the games like this Tales/GoT - top priority Minecraft/secret ip/contin

• That's JillValentine. She usually makes wierdest threads on the forums (I like most of them :p). I can't agree with this one, because this game is made in cooperation with 2 other studios if I remember correctly, there was already a video, some screenshots... I think the delay is mosty because Tales are much smaller than Game of Thrones and they don't focus so much on it. I doubt they even seriously started making Minecraft.

thebigbad posted: »

Stating wild speculation as an undeniable fact....come on, we're better than that.

• Will people stop moaning about the wait time. Would you rather it's rushed, short, and a buggy mess like GoT Episode 2 was for some players? Have a little patience. The faux outrage on this place is ridiculous. Just get over it. Find something else to do and quit whining and being so entitled.

Also, the Minecraft game won't be releasing until at least the end of the year. There's at most a handful of people working on it right now.

• Can all this whining about Episode 2 die already? This is my first Telltale game ever, and I'm impatient too. But even I'M getting irritated at everyone whimpering and complaining. It's getting old.

You know what'll happen if you keep complaining? Two possibilites. 1. They do nothing at all and you're filling up the forums with useless garbage. 2. A rushed product that comes out half-arsed and broken and incomplete because "RELEASE IT NOW BHEAHBHBHAHE"

• This guy beat me to it, point stands.

Will people stop moaning about the wait time. Would you rather it's rushed, short, and a buggy mess like GoT Episode 2 was for some players?

• This Forum is pretty much in the 5 stages of grief.

So I guess people are getting angry again? I dont even go in this section and all I see scrolling up are rage threads. Guess its good I held off on this

• Neither. They'll do it but only when they feel like it. Community has no weight on the matter, for better or worse.

ActionHank posted: »

Can all this whining about Episode 2 die already? This is my first Telltale game ever, and I'm impatient too. But even I'M getting irritated

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited February 2015

I think all the choice bugs Game of Thrones Episode 2 had is actually where some of this comes to play. They might have different teams, but their technical people are probably shared right? And if has to do with the cloud, they might be taking extra precautions to make sure this issue doesn't happen with Tales From The Borderlands Episode 2.

But really, this getting old. It will come eventually.

• Lmao. Imagine the uproar if they cancelled the future episodes.

• edited February 2015

Do you just choose to ignore comments that prove you wrong? You flooded the Steam forums with this kind of nonsense, and you were proven wrong over and over and continuously ignored comments that proved you wrong.

Minecraft has nothing to do with TftB development and nothing you comment disproves that.

It's taking too long due to a multitude of reasons, but the major one dare I say is that they're biting off way more than they can possibly

• edited February 2015

Replied to the wrong comment. Ignore this.

Do you just choose to ignore comments that prove you wrong? You flooded the Steam forums with this kind of nonsense, and you were proven wro

• I dont think its because of Story mode, but they really should focus on their current projects

• And before you comment "stop the confrontational attitude", know that I've seen the kind of person you are when you aren't being monitored by capable moderators.

It's taking too long due to a multitude of reasons, but the major one dare I say is that they're biting off way more than they can possibly

• I doubt it. Test art/animation doesn't mean they are spending all their time on it. Tales and Thrones are their top priority right now, I'm sure of it.

• Come on guys please go back to your 4-6 week schedule and stay focused on one project at a time.

Hold on... Telltale actually released episodes from 4-6 weeks at one point?

• They took on too much . Can't handle it all.
    This wouldn't happen if they just release full games instead of parts of one.

• edited February 2015

Look at this, you once again don't know what you're talking about. You shouldn't say things if you don't have your facts straight. It doesn't make you look credible.

Cope49 posted: »

They took on too much . Can't handle it all. This wouldn't happen if they just release full games instead of parts of one.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited February 2015

[removed]

Look at this, you once again don't know what you're talking about. You shouldn't say things if you don't have your facts straight. It doesn't make you look credible.

• edited February 2015
  • Difference of opinion. And if my comments disgust you so much then don't read them. Or hide them. As I shall do with yours starting right now.

Alt text

• Some of your comments are not opinions, they're offensive and disgusting. You have a lot of growing up to do. Good thing I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

Cope49 posted: »

Difference of opinion. And if my comments disgust you so much then don't read them. Or hide them. As I shall do with yours starting right now.

• This is your first TT game? You must have a patience of steel. Most peoples first TT game wait goes something among the lines of making a rant thread threatening to invade the TT offices.

ActionHank posted: »

Can all this whining about Episode 2 die already? This is my first Telltale game ever, and I'm impatient too. But even I'M getting irritated

• edited February 2015

I dont think Minecraft Story Mode is the reason for the longer wait. Last year when telltale was working on Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 2, they also showed off Tales from the Borderlands Screenshots and Borderlands didn't come out till much later. Telltale is just excited and teasing Minecraft really early kinda like how they did with Tales last year. Thats just my opinion tho.

This discussion has been closed.