Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• I mixed things up with a female character this time :P

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Awesome sauce

• Thank you CS, I really like the character. :)

ComingSoon posted: »

I mixed things up with a female character this time :P

• No problem, thank you :) I'm excited for the start.

Thank you CS, I really like the character.

• I feel it's only right to update you on how the story's going. Right now it's still in the planning stage, but I have some news to the location of the story. It's set within a gated community in San Antoine, Texas.

Alt text

San Antoine, Texas is a highly populated city in Texas, being the 7th most populated city in the US. As well as I'm some what familiar with the city, I've been there several times. "Harvest Hills" is a northern community surrounded by a 5 foot tall cement wall with the only exit being the front gate. It seems to be a good setting for the story. :D

It should go without saying, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

• ooooo

I feel it's only right to update you on how the story's going. Right now it's still in the planning stage, but I have some news to the locat

• I'll submit a character later C:

• Awesome sauce! c:

finlander posted: »

I'll submit a character later C:

• Ive been through Texas once before while I was on my way to Arizona. We stopped and stayed the night in Texas. Its quite a lovely state. I wish I could go back.

I feel it's only right to update you on how the story's going. Right now it's still in the planning stage, but I have some news to the locat

• I've never been to Texas...seems like it would be very hot and sticky. It's a great area to pick for a setting, someplace that's never been chosen before...I'm excited more :D

• Wait, the wall is only 5 feet tall?

Hmmmm

• I live in Texas, it's nice most of the time, I love it here during the winter. But during the summer... It gets in the 100's. D:

But it's a pretty nice place to live overall. :D

mr.quality posted: »

Ive been through Texas once before while I was on my way to Arizona. We stopped and stayed the night in Texas. Its quite a lovely state. I wish I could go back.

• I'm glad your excited! :D

ComingSoon posted: »

I've never been to Texas...seems like it would be very hot and sticky. It's a great area to pick for a setting, someplace that's never been chosen before...I'm excited more

• Heh, about... It's not fortress, that's for sure.

Wait, the wall is only 5 feet tall? Hmmmm

• Nice!!!

PS: This will start some time into the ZA or at the start?

• Considering the nature of what I have planned... I really want to have it start at the beginning stages of the crisis. :3

supersagig posted: »

Nice!!! PS: This will start some time into the ZA or at the start?

• Oh , and hten could you make a father for Santiago , Daniel and Lucia who dies sacrifing for them?

Considering the nature of what I have planned... I really want to have it start at the beginning stages of the crisis.

• Sure. :3

Oh , and hten could you make a father for Santiago , Daniel and Lucia who dies sacrifing for them?

• I expect at least one of these to appear.

Huh, interesting... I'll take note of this.

• I live in Ohio. I fucking hate the winters here, but the summers are nice.

I live in Texas, it's nice most of the time, I love it here during the winter. But during the summer... It gets in the 100's. But it's a pretty nice place to live overall.

• It's always gets really hot in the summers, but in the winters it gets pretty cold, lowest is around 20-30 degrees.

I live in Ohio. I fucking hate the winters here, but the summers are nice.

• 20-30? I've been averaging -6 every day. XD

It's always gets really hot in the summers, but in the winters it gets pretty cold, lowest is around 20-30 degrees.

• Holy moly that's cold! D:

20-30? I've been averaging -6 every day. XD

• edited February 2015

Tomorrow its supposed to be 12°

And after living in as long as I have, you learn to get used to it, the snow is kinda peaceful and the cold doesn't really affect me.

Holy moly that's cold!

• Lol, it's -8 where I live. I can only imagine how cold Canada is.

Tomorrow its supposed to be 12° And after living in as long as I have, you learn to get used to it, the snow is kinda peaceful and the cold doesn't really affect me.

• yeah, must be pretty cold up there.

bloop posted: »

Lol, it's -8 where I live. I can only imagine how cold Canada is.

• So you're saying -6 farenheit (-21 celcius) is cold huh? Welcome to Finland, it's usually -35 Celcius degrees here. (About 20 years ago it was usually -50 celcius degrees) In summers it's usually +25. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with our weather :D

20-30? I've been averaging -6 every day. XD

• Done 8]

Awesome sauce! c:

• That's pretty Cold...

finlander posted: »

So you're saying -6 farenheit (-21 celcius) is cold huh? Welcome to Finland, it's usually -35 Celcius degrees here. (About 20 years ago it w

• That's horrifyingly cold! XD

That's pretty Cold...

• Prologue: It’s a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood.

It was a warm summer’s day. But it was nearly end of summer. The traffic of San Antonio held up at a redlight. A man sat at attention while driving a delivery truck through the highway. He wore the standard uniform, and a nametag that read “Hello my name is: Dean.” the truck remained still, waiting at a redlight. Grabbing a small clipboard set beside him, he looked through it, stopping where it side the next delivery. He sniffled and let out a cough right as the light turned green. Pulling forward and driving down the highway once more.

He pulled into a street and up to the gate, pushing a button and waited, he leaned forward and spoke into what looked like a microphone. “Delivery for the Harper’s.” He was met by the sound of a buzz and opening of the gate. He pulled forward and into the gated community, soon arriving a one of the houses. He climbed out and grabbed the clipboard, then walking around the back of the truck, he unhooked a latch and the lifted the metal door.

He dragged out a large box and began carrying it to the front door. Upon reaching it he sat the box down and hit the doorbell. He groaned impatiently and pushed the doorbell again. He sighed as he grew annoyed and turned his head to the next door down, the neighbor sat at the porch reading a book, he had black hair and was cleanly shaven, he looked to be in his mid-thirties. Between asking the man sitting on the porch or waiting for an answer. Ultimately he chose to bother the neighbor.

He approached him walking through the yard and put on a smile. “Hello. The Harpers, your neighbors… Do you know if their home?” Dean asked.

“Fella, I don’t.” The neighbor replied, his tone hinting at being annoyed. He resumed reading his book as Dean sighed, he began to walk back to the Harper’s house. He started ringing the doorbell again, this time with much more annoyance. He moved on to knocking and banged on the door. He sighed as he rang the doorbell again.

A tall young woman with long blonde hair stood at the window inside her house across the street, watching the delivery man banging on the door and ringing, rotating between the two. She held a mug of coffee, he bought the mug to her lips and took a sip of the hot beverage. She heard the noise of someone walking down stairs and turned away from the window to face them. “Finally awake, I see.” She smiled, jokingly.

The woman greeted her with a sarcastic smile, she was around the same age, but had short, dirty blonde hair. “Ashley, I’m not the one drinking coffee at 2 in the afternoon.” She replied while walking up to the window and leaning on the windowsill.

“I’m not the one who slept until 2 o’clock. Atlanta, you're just a sleepy head.” Ashley sarcastically answered. But she followed Atlanta’s gaze and both of them looked at the delivery man. “The Harpers don’t seem to be answering the door, have you talked to them recently?” Ashley asked, with underlined worried tone.

“My Dad said they haven’t been answering the phone, they aren’t out of town, see that little mini outside? That’s their car.” Atlanta sighed. “Ugh… Dad’s gone on some kind of date with mom.”

Ashley smiled. “Really? Your parents must be having quite the time.” She sarcastically remarked.

Atlanta laughed half-heartedly. “Don’t fuckin’ remind me. Their staying in a hotel for 2 days…” She paused and then sighed. “Um… The delivery guy, we still have the key to the Harper’s house, right? Remember, when you had to water the plants…” Atlanta couldn’t continue when Ashley suddenly spoke up. “Remember?” Ashley laughed. “I fuckin’ forgot all about those plants, c’mon, you know how pissed Mr. Harper was when he came back to find all the houseplants dead.” She smiled widely as she took another sip of coffee, trying her best to not laugh.

“But you still have the key, right?” Atlanta questioned. But her smile never dimmed.

“I got the key, the guy was so angry he forgot to ask for it. Shit, that had to only be a few weeks ago.” Ashley sat the cup of coffee on the counter and looked through a drawer. “Found it!” She exclaimed upon pulling the key from the drawer.

Atlanta took the key from Ashley’s hand. “Let's check up on the Harper’s, c’mon, what’s the worse that could happen?” Atlanta smile seemed odd, like it was forced. She was worried but she didn’t want to worry Ashley.

“The worse that could happen?” Ashley laughed. “C’mon, you can’t be serious. We could get in trouble. C’mon, your parents have been nice enough to let me stay here. Let’s not get them in any trouble.” Ashley answered, her tone becoming a little more serious.

"It'll be fine, trust me." Atlanta smiled. “C’mon, I need you to help fight off the elderly.” She jokingly remarked.

Ashley sighed. “Fine, but Mr. Harper will have my head. I don’t think we’ve talked since I killed all of his plants. Grumpy bastard.” She muttered with annoyance before walking to the door with Atlanta.

Dean remained at the Harper’s door with the large cardboard box next to him, the neighbor next door had put down his book and was now watching him bang on the door. Even here and there Dean would turn to face the neighbor, he just blatantly looked back at Dean as he waited at the door. Dean caught the sudden tilt of the neighbor’s head and turned around to see the two girls leaving their house and walking across the street.

They approached him and he stood still and watched them. “Hello.” Ashley smiled. Dean nodded awkwardly. “Um, good afternoon.” He replied.

Atlanta walked past him and began unlocking the front door. Dean looked at them with an uneasy face. “Do you know the Harpers?” He asked.

Ashley smiled and answered. “Yeah, we’re good friends… Do need a signature?”

Dean awkwardly smiled back. “Well, yes. But more importantly, I need to leave it inside. I can’t leave it on the porch.” He answered, just behind him Atlanta opened the door. Her nose was greeted by an awful smell. “The fuck…” She muttered.

All three of them reacted to the smell, Ashley stepped away from the porch and Dean stood where he was. But Atlanta worryingly took a step inside. Her face formed a frown and she began looking for Mr. and Ms. Harper. She walked around the first floor, it was luxury house, but whatever the smell was coming from was upstairs, as the smell grew worse was she approached the stairs.

Atlanta followed the awful smell up the stairs and she continued down the hall. Stopped suddenly at an open door, she looked to her left. Dried looking blood covered the bed, but at the foot of the bed… Something was making a noise, the sound of chewing. Atlanta slowly and silently approached the bed. She looked down, behind the foot of the bed, an elderly woman kneel above a mauled corpse, she was chewing at something. Atlanta looked at the woman and she soon slowly looked up at her. “H-hello--” Atlanta tried to mutter, but she saw the blood and bits of flesh on the woman’s mouth.

Atlanta began backing away as the elderly woman began stumbling towards her. Atlanta could feel her stomach turning as she backed out of the room, she ran into the room across the hall and locked the door behind her. She began throwing up into the bathroom sink from from the sight.

She could hear Ms. Harper banging on the bathroom door, making noises, moaning.

Dean took a step inside the house, he stood still just past the door frame looking around from where he was standing. He saw the elderly woman at the top of the stairs, banging on the door, trying to get in. “Hello?” Dean asked, loud enough to be heard. The elderly woman turned to face the new noise. And began walking towards him, but to Dean’s horror, she fell down the stairs, tumbling and arriving at the bottom in a heap. Dean would have rushed forward to help, but the woman began standing backup with a crooked and oddly bent arm, but she continued to him. Her face was lifeless.

Dean slowly stepped back as Ms. Harper followed him out the door. Too scared to do anything Dean and Ashley stared at the awful sight, while the neighbor next door ran inside his own house. Both Dean and Ashley were seemingly in shock. But Ms. Harper seemed to lose interest in Dean, soon turning it’s face to Ashley. She began backing away at about the same pace as It, she stared at it and it stared back with lifeless eyes. Ashley continued backing up, and soon without noticing tripped backwards when she reached the curve.

Ashley landed hard and hit her head onto the asphalt. But Ms. Harper continued, now almost in arms reach of the disoriented Ashley. Dean seemed to shaped out of it and ran forward. Pulling the elderly woman away from Ashley, he shouted. “Get away from her!” And then pushed it towards the ground, trying to be gentle to the old woman. But she didn’t fall as easily as Dean would’ve expected, she latched onto his arms and grabbed him, he struggled to free himself from it’s grasp. The elderly woman bit at him as he held her back.

There was a loud gunshot and a sudden splash of blood. Dean backed up quickly as the elderly woman fell to the ground. Surely dead. Everyone remained where they stood as they looked at the next door neighbor who held a rifle steady, with a small amount of smoke rising from the barrel.

End of Prologue.

• There's the prologue. I hope you liked it, but I would love some opinions on it. :3

• Reading it now! :3

There's the prologue. I hope you liked it, but I would love some opinions on it.

• Intense, dramatic cool. I like it.

Prologue: It’s a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood. It was a warm summer’s day. But it was nearly end of summer. The traffic of San Anton

• edited February 2015

You got wrong the Ashleys. That one is Ashley Baker , not Brown

Awesome Chapter anyways!!!!

Prologue: It’s a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood. It was a warm summer’s day. But it was nearly end of summer. The traffic of San Anton

• That was an amazing prologue! This story is going to be great and I'm so very excited for how it continues :D

• Great prologue, I like how you switch between different POV's this story already has a lot of potential.

• Armored cars and tanks and jeeps and rigs of every size. Chicken coups, full of bears, choppers filled the skies.

I got that reference. ..

Let's see, what do I want to see....... * Explosions * Mad Max style car chases * Wolves * Boats * Dieases * Armored cars and tank

• Thank you! And it'll get more intense as the story plays out.

Intense, dramatic cool. I like it.

• Thanks! And thank you for letting me, I didn't realized that!

You got wrong the Ashleys. That one is Ashley Baker , not Brown Awesome Chapter anyways!!!!

• Thank you, Liquid! I'm looking forward to moving onto the first chapter! :D

That was an amazing prologue! This story is going to be great and I'm so very excited for how it continues

Sign in to comment in this discussion.