How will you be able to remember your choices after nearly 4 months?

Ok, so now Telltale has spoken. We know for sure that EP2 won't be released before March 8th, meaning March 10th is the earliest possible date, and March 17 or 24 the most likely candidates.

Regardless, by then it would be nearly 4 months. In the intervening 4 months I'd have played a ton of games, read a couple of books and watched a good number of movies, not to mention stuff to learn at work and all that.

How am I to remember what happened a FULL four months ago? Now, to people who say this happened last year, yes. But last year I didn't buy the first episodes of both games at launch, I bought them in February only I think, so the wait was shorter for me personally.

Are you gonna re-play the whole episode? Watch a playthrough of it perhaps on YouTube? How will you go about tackling this issue? Also, what if this problem persists in the future. It would then just be pointless to play episodes at launch, if you're gonna have to end up re-playing or watching them on YouTube each time again to freshen up your memory.

Some tips will be welcomed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Personally i recorded my game with a facecam and all. That helps me remember my choices and reactions :3
    And if I don't I just replay the episode with another save file.

• Because I have a very good memory when it comes to remembering stories, haven't forgotten a thing.

• edited February 2015

well ah there is the choice menu maybe you should use it instead of planning your fantasy lawsuit against telltale and the previously sequence has been there for a while maybe you should pay attention to it instead of finding more things to complain about plus if you are truly interested you will remember when the episode comes around

• Half the play time seems to be a "previously on..." and "next time on..." clip so it should be fairly easy to catch up and that is coming from someone with an AWFUL memory.

I think you'll be fine.

Thanks for the dates btw. Yay.

• I'll personally be replaying the first episode once an official date for Atlas Mugged is released - but I'm actually actively looking forward to it and am doing it purely because I enjoyed the episode and want to get to experience it again. If for some reason I was busy etc. I would just rely on TT's "previously on" segment and look up my choices to jog my memory.

Most scripted television shows have at least a 12 month break between seasons, and I don't hear many people saying "well, what's the point of watching it if I'm just going to forget everything before the next season airs?!" The same can be said for movies with multiple parts/sequels... It's a universally accepted symptom of any form of episodic media.

• edited February 2015

You play the first episode again, that's what I'm going to do. Or you can watch others on Youtube to remind yourself of main parts of the story. You also have the choice menu, as welll as the previously on segment, so I think you'll be fine.

• Choice menu.

• I have no idea what this is. Something new for TFTB?

Choice menu.

• It's literally in every Telltale game.

Go to the main menu, click on 'Extras' and then 'My Choices', it's a handy little feature that shows every choice you made, as well as the player choice percentages etc.

himmatsj posted: »

I have no idea what this is. Something new for TFTB?

• That’s something I started doing with GoT and will do for TftB too. Helps a lot to remember what you did and, sometimes, even allow you to reenter the characters mind.

Personally i recorded my game with a facecam and all. That helps me remember my choices and reactions And if I don't I just replay the episode with another save file.

• This. It's also useful when you have different saves with dfferent choices and don't remember which is which.

It's literally in every Telltale game. Go to the main menu, click on 'Extras' and then 'My Choices', it's a handy little feature that shows every choice you made, as well as the player choice percentages etc.

• That's what the Previously on is for.

• Play it again, I suppose. It is unfortunate that I won't forget....

But don't worry. You will get the episode eventually. (I won't say the unspeakable word.)

• They will have a
    "Previously on the tales of borderlands"
    Like they did with TWAU & TWD :)

• Don't be lazy.

At least check the choices menu, watch a play through or something.

• I've played the game at least four times (I'm replaying for a silence playthrough) and I have my canon/first playthrough on my youtube if I want to remember what I chose/ what my previous reactions to the episode were, even though I remember everything quite clearly.

• After TWD season 2 its safe to say your choices don't matter for the sake of story.

• Aren't we waiting 3 months so far, not 4?

But anyhow, this kind of waiting has happened with every Telltale game recently. A large gap of waiting in between episodes at least once. Kinda just getting use to it by now. I think we should expect this to happen to GOT as well since history continues to repeat itself...it sucks I know.

• edited February 2015

I have no idea what this is

sure you don't

Alt text

it has been in every game since twd again and they literally moved it out of extras into the main menu i don't see how you wouldn't know what it is

I have no idea what this is. Something new for TFTB?

• Alt text

Lee4ever posted: »

After TWD season 2 its safe to say your choices don't matter for the sake of story.

• Telltale has seemed to make an effort to make them matter more in Game of Thrones so hopefully they will do the same in Tales from the Borderlands.

Lee4ever posted: »

After TWD season 2 its safe to say your choices don't matter for the sake of story.

• I don't think it was in Walking Dead S1, I've tried to find it but can't :(

Jewfreeus posted: »

I have no idea what this is sure you don't it has been in every game since twd again and they literally moved it out of extras into the main menu i don't see how you wouldn't know what it is

• Maybe not. I feel like Thrones will be a consecutive 2 month gap in between each episode, similar to Walking Dead Season 1. And Tales will most likely be on a normal track now IMO

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it now...

DoubleJump posted: »

Aren't we waiting 3 months so far, not 4? But anyhow, this kind of waiting has happened with every Telltale game recently. A large gap of

• Look at your choices in the menu or just replay the episode. I'm sure you'll have lots of time to do either one if you decide to stop preparing for this fantasy lawsuit against Telltale.

• just checked it you go onto the episode slide and then click stats

I don't think it was in Walking Dead S1, I've tried to find it but can't

• At the beginning of Ep. 2 there will be a last time this happened part for people who can't remember like in every TTG.

• A little something called a choice menu, also the "Last time" part, and remembering it.

• Well let's see. In my main playthrough I decided to save Loader Bot, be besties with Shade, save my bullet, have the split groups of people more or less get along together, buy the cheapest psycho mask, decide to not screw over Vaughn, and let Felix live. Those are the main ones that I can remember off hand, I don't think they'll be any problem.

Really excited for all the episodes, but in all honesty am pretty tired of waiting. This is my first Telltale game though, so I guess it come with the territory, just sucks that this is the longest out of any I believe.

• Replay the episode. Simple.

• Longest wait out of any? No, you should have been here for TWAU episode 2, 4 months of waiting, especially with that killer cliffhanger.

Well let's see. In my main playthrough I decided to save Loader Bot, be besties with Shade, save my bullet, have the split groups of people

• TWAU episode 2, 4 months of waiting, especially with that killer cliffhanger.

Now that was a tough wait!

dojo32161 posted: »

Longest wait out of any? No, you should have been here for TWAU episode 2, 4 months of waiting, especially with that killer cliffhanger.

• I wasn't into the game when that happened, so, I was lucky in that respect. I didn't actually play it until all episodes were released.

dojo32161 posted: »

Longest wait out of any? No, you should have been here for TWAU episode 2, 4 months of waiting, especially with that killer cliffhanger.

• What kind of person forgets their Telltale choices O:

• A HERETIC!

javoris767 posted: »

What kind of person forgets their Telltale choices O:

• "I'm sure you'll have lots of time to do either one if you decide to stop preparing for this fantasy lawsuit against Telltale."

Alt text

Look at your choices in the menu or just replay the episode. I'm sure you'll have lots of time to do either one if you decide to stop preparing for this fantasy lawsuit against Telltale.

• Totes gonna play through it again. I loved Episode 1.

• So far yes today it is 3 months. But the episode isn't gonna drop today right? Earliest is March 10, and by then it will be almost 4 months.

DoubleJump posted: »

Aren't we waiting 3 months so far, not 4? But anyhow, this kind of waiting has happened with every Telltale game recently. A large gap of

• But it's not going to be nor has it even been 4 months. How can you ask Telltale to change the FAQ from 4-6 weeks if you can't even get your own numbers correct?

So far yes today it is 3 months. But the episode isn't gonna drop today right? Earliest is March 10, and by then it will be almost 4 months.

• What do you mean? I am saying that when it does release (which will only be after March 8), it will be nearly 4 months.

Green613 posted: »

But it's not going to be nor has it even been 4 months. How can you ask Telltale to change the FAQ from 4-6 weeks if you can't even get your own numbers correct?

• Easy. I'm now waiting till they release them all and there's some sort consistency (other then bad) in their episodes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.