Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• You know who Nathan reminds me of? The main antagonist from the video game "Bully", Gary (great game btw). He's got the same personality traits going for him as Nathan. Rich kid, stuck in a school filled with the typical "generic" teenagers and hates them all, and is clearly insane/sociopathic. Granted this is just the start for Nathan, but could lead into a very awesome story arc.

Flog61 posted: »

Which is, ironically, very much not generic.

• How so?

Which is, ironically, very much not generic.

• Wasn't it implied that Nathan tried to do 'something' to Chloe when he spiked her drink at the time Chloe was trying to extort money from him?

• Well Nathan seems to be an important character in Max's story. He has access to money and people fear him. Could be a perfect antagonist, since him and Max are probably not going to be on the best of terms through this game.

How so?

• One thing I've noticed, the one guy Max talks to, Hayden I think? He says Nathan is pretty relaxed. But when we see him he's unstable. Maybe he takes some kind of nerve pills?

• Thats true its just I dont think you can truly understand your sexuality untill you explore it a little, im guessing max is a virgin she hasn't had her awakening yet. Thats just what I think though

CatySky posted: »

Well, let's look more into this. Development of sexual traits and thoughts comes with puberty, right? Wouldn't sexual preference come with i

• [removed]

FauDeef posted: »

Nice theory. Anyhow, I feel the need to be the Devil's Advocate or to express my ideas by adding: Kate is hiding something and that

• Chloe would never had been in that position if she hadnt tried to take advantage of him while he was intoxicated, ironic, im not saying his behavior is in any way forgivable and there is no excuse for what it was implied he tried to do to her. Chloe is her own worst enemy every time shes tried to power trip its backfired so far. This whole situation with her started when she tried to rob him as far as I can tell. I dont know wether I love or hate chloe

RichWalk23 posted: »

Wasn't it implied that Nathan tried to do 'something' to Chloe when he spiked her drink at the time Chloe was trying to extort money from him?

• edited February 2015

If he was bullied himself and angry inside and that's why he was a bully that'd make him even more of a stereotype.

A bully just being an unpleasant person with no excuse is rather rare these days, and would be refreshing.

How so?

• Of course, I don't see Chloe as completely 100% innocent in the situation considering what she tried to do, but my main concern from my original post was what Nathan's supposedly tried to do to Chloe after her attempt to extort money from him, especially when Nathan is perceived as a sympathetic character to a part of the audience.

A normal person would kick her out and cut off all contact from her upon finding out her intentions, but Nathan instead decides to drug her and possibly take advantage of her while she's vulnerable as punishment. That's not just going too far, that's crossing the line and never coming back. That act alone doesn't win any sympathy with me, especially since in one timeline he ends up killing her by bringing a gun to a school, even if it was unintentional.

Chloe would never had been in that position if she hadnt tried to take advantage of him while he was intoxicated, ironic, im not saying his

• I agree it would be nice to see someone who is a complete asshole just because they are. Some people are just assholes and there is no excuse for their behavior. im bored of bullies turning out to be damaged souls who have been wronged and forced to be mean because society didn't hug them enough

If he was bullied himself and angry inside and that's why he was a bully that'd make him even more of a stereotype. A bully just being an unpleasant person with no excuse is rather rare these days, and would be refreshing.

• Hes not normal, also I dont even think he knew she was there to rob him so it wasn't punishment it was just him being a prick

RichWalk23 posted: »

Of course, I don't see Chloe as completely 100% innocent in the situation considering what she tried to do, but my main concern from my orig

• edited February 2015

But Max mentionned that lately, she has been more depressed, and I assume she was always bullied so why is depressing her now? Also, they focused a lot on Kate and her problems, she is being suspected [...] by David Madsen seen at the end crying and seen multiple times throughout the game, almost always depressed.

Good point, but that is a question that I do not have any valid answers. Probably because she had thought for being bullied from the staff of the school (David Madsen) and from her classmates. But, again, I do not know for sure.

Why would they put so much focus and screentime for a secondary character?

Why? To make us focus on those secondary characters. To make us interested in those secondary characters and predict what will happen with them in the next episode equally as the main characters.

[About FDTT©] True, this is more believable but how would they stop the storm? If I understood well, the flow of time is broken at the instant Max first time travel. The main objective of the main will be to find a way to stop the storm I presume, which would be impossible in that case...

I do not know how are the following episodes, so I think there is no way to escape the moment Max messed time. Why do I think that? Easy: since Max can't go too far back in time (I've tried it, and I never was able to see baby Max), that makes it impossible to go back as far as possible up to the point of letting Chloe get killed (making it impossible "creating a new clean universe"). It is broken!

The only way I see Faudeef's theory could work would is if the game aknowledges parallele universes.

There are plenty of universes. Lets say, for the example, the butterfly in the girl's bathroom is killed by Max instead of Max saving Chloe, that will make a parallele universe from the "original" univers.

But... aren't all choices that the player makes make parallele universes?

I mean... what is a "non-parallele universe" in Life Is Strange? Letting Chloe get killed?

But, if Chloe got killed, isn't that a parallele universe of the universe where Chloe lives? That means that the universe where Chloe lives IS a parallele universe of the a parallele universe where Chloe isn't dead.

To sum it up: in my opinion, there is no parallele universe and there is no non-parallele universe. There is just universe

That's it, I'm copyrighting the "Parallel Universe" theory :P

Team "Parallel Universe Theory" vs. Team FDTT. May the fight begin!

Edit: Hey, I just realized you are the guy whom I highfived, long time no see! You make really great comments, it's always a good time reading them.

Thanks, that means alot. I try to comment as epic as the great comments I reply to (hint: I'm saying that your comments, such as many other members' comments in this community, are great and need to be replied greatly).

I think she's depressed because they bully her since she is in a religious group But Max mentionned that lately, she has been more d

• Agreed wholeheartedly.

Exactly, I wouldn't mind if Max was bi (she obviously showed attirance towards guys) but I would like it to be the player's choice. Personal

• We know you know what happens so keep it to yourself. No spoilers.

• Damn, I feel bad for Chloe if that's true. That's sad. You can potentially be the end of many lives just by existing. Poor Chloe.

So... What do you think happenned to Rachel and who do you suspect? What is this storm at the end and what is its link with Max's power? Wil

• Nathan is a fucking psycho and a bully. Or he is just a fucked up rich kid.

• To be fair he also says Victoria is a cool chick.

One thing I've noticed, the one guy Max talks to, Hayden I think? He says Nathan is pretty relaxed. But when we see him he's unstable. Maybe he takes some kind of nerve pills?

• Good point. Hayden probably just doesnt know how big of asshole either of them are.

To be fair he also says Victoria is a cool chick.

• Mod Edit: Please don't post spoilers from any leaked Life is Strange episodes.

• Victoria is actually fairly nice under the bravado. You see a bit of it if you comfort her.

To be fair he also says Victoria is a cool chick.

• Her problem however is the fact she's quite a drama queen. She wants to feel dominant. Plus she would even play with Juliet's emotions over an article on her thoughts of the Vortex club. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Victoria is actually fairly nice under the bravado. You see a bit of it if you comfort her.

• We know barely anything about her apart from the image she creates. We've already seen there's niceness in there somewhere.

Give her time.

Her problem however is the fact she's quite a drama queen. She wants to feel dominant. Plus she would even play with Juliet's emotions over an article on her thoughts of the Vortex club. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

• edited February 2015

She was just feeling vulnerable she causes too much drama and trouble as seen with Juliet and Zack for her own personal enjoyment, she enjoys hurting people to some degree

Victoria is actually fairly nice under the bravado. You see a bit of it if you comfort her.

• Yo, Best friends are starting their play through of this game! I saw it already, it was hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7XZ7-wFLnfI

• The comments section there is disgusting. I used to like their Youtube community but it's went to shit since Christmas.

Yo, Best friends are starting their play through of this game! I saw it already, it was hype! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7XZ7-wFLnfI

• I picked up episode one on my PS4, but have yet to play it. I did play the demo, and it was getting cool

• I'd like to think that Victoria is a character isn't a bully 100% of the time and actually has the capacity to be nice when the time calls for it. Not every mean character thinks about evil things 24/7, there are moments when they have a kinder side but are too ashamed to admit it.

I was surprised at Victoria's reaction during the Comfort Her choice, since in another story she would have turned her bitchiness to the next level. Hopefully she's not putting on a show and is being genuine, otherwise she's just another generic bully.

We know barely anything about her apart from the image she creates. We've already seen there's niceness in there somewhere. Give her time.

• edited February 2015

You're referring to the negative comments regarding the game?

"3 minutes in, all I can think about is the fucking dialogue. It sounds like it was ripped from fanfiction.
    Who wrote this crap, David Cage?"

"goddamn why is this game so fucking pretentious"

"you guy's REALLY don't have to do this..."

"The writers of this story have clearly never encountered a teenage girl in their entire lives. This just might be the most cringeworthy dialogue I've ever read in a game."

Etc. Etc. No, I understand. And all of those comments got a fuck heap of upvotes. Personally, I agree with some of them. The writing is pretty bad so far and so are the characters. The game has a fuck-ton of problems; however, it seems Liam and Matt are enjoying themselves so that's what I personally tune in for. I love watching them play great games like RE4, TWD, TLOU, and ED:SR just as much as their "Sadness Trilogy" (the David Cage games) or the Shitstorms. And I couldn't care less about the comments that people leave, I'm more about the comments of Matt and Liam.

"How do I take a man-dump" "No, it's a hipster-dump, you got to take a picture of it afterwards." is already a new personal favorite of mine.

CathalOHara posted: »

The comments section there is disgusting. I used to like their Youtube community but it's went to shit since Christmas.

• edited February 2015

I actually like this game a lot. Even without time-travel thing. Just walking around, solving cases and problems like a little detective will be fine for me with the dramas, and same characters around school. And now with the time-travel thing makes it better. And I kinda have this theory that Mr. Jefferson has something to hide about Rachel Amber, and I do believe and agree that Victoria is actually nice deeeep inside. Like reaallly really deep inside. Oh, and Warren is the best guy-friend ever.

• I see you are new. Welcome to the forum. :)

I actually like this game a lot. Even without time-travel thing. Just walking around, solving cases and problems like a little detective wil

• Bad news guys, episode 2 of Life is Strange has been delayed. The SE representative didn't say anything about when we can expect episode 2.

I am on my Vita, so I can't post a link, but if you go to Destructoid, there should be an article about this on the home page.

• Booooo!

MichaelBP posted: »

Bad news guys, episode 2 of Life is Strange has been delayed. The SE representative didn't say anything about when we can expect episode 2.

• Yeah this sucks. Hopefully they'll announce a new release date at Pax East next week.

Booooo!

• Life is Strange has been delayed

Yeah, it was too good to be true.

Bad news guys, episode 2 of Life is Strange has been delayed. The SE representative didn't say anything about when we can expect episode 2.

• I wonder if it has anything to do with the leak of episodes 2-5? Maybe they are making changes to the game or maybe they are working ahead on episodes 3-5. Either way, Life is Delayed.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Life is Strange has been delayed Yeah, it was too good to be true.

• FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUCK!!!

• Omg why? We all know that episode 2 is already fully playable so what could possibly justify a delay? I really wasn't expecting this...

• Who knows except SE and Dontnod. The SE representative didn't give a reason why or even a new release window.

Would it really take more than 6 weeks to fix a bunch of graphical bugs? Maybe I'm underestimating how long it takes to fix them.

Omg why? We all know that episode 2 is already fully playable so what could possibly justify a delay? I really wasn't expecting this...

• I thought that as well... maybe? I just hope it doesn't take too long. I've had enough with TFTB delay :(

I wonder if it has anything to do with the leak of episodes 2-5? Maybe they are making changes to the game or maybe they are working ahead on episodes 3-5. Either way, Life is Delayed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.