Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• What? Chloe didn't strike you as someone who used to be into those kind of things?
    Most of Max's other comments, when you're doing nothing, are her telling the player to... well... play the game.

Also, be sure to do absolutely nothing when you're in a new area for a while, since Max will says a few things that she won't if you start i

• Honestly...I expect Chloe likes that kind of stuff.

MichaelBP posted: »

What? Chloe didn't strike you as someone who used to be into those kind of things? Most of Max's other comments, when you're doing nothing, are her telling the player to... well... play the game.

• I think her liking Blues Clues isn't all that surprising, since blue seems to be her favourite colour.

Honestly...I expect Chloe likes that kind of stuff.

• I meant her liking children's shows. :P

I think her liking Blues Clues isn't all that surprising, since blue seems to be her favourite colour.

• Oh sorry about that. Hehe, guess I'm already starting to mix things up. That tends to happen when I start feeling a little bit sleepy.

But yeah, it's not surprising that she would like kids shows, when she was younger.

I meant her liking children's shows. :P

• Or even now. It seems like she just wants to go back to the happy times which was her childhood.

Oh sorry about that. Hehe, guess I'm already starting to mix things up. That tends to happen when I start feeling a little bit sleepy. But yeah, it's not surprising that she would like kids shows, when she was younger.

• Yeah, in my playthrough she was pretty happy about her and Max catching up on their exploring.
    Maybe,ina future episode, we'll go to their old fort and they'll pretend to be pirates, like they used to do 5 years prior.

Or even now. It seems like she just wants to go back to the happy times which was her childhood.

• That would be awesome.

Yeah, in my playthrough she was pretty happy about her and Max catching up on their exploring. Maybe,ina future episode, we'll go to their old fort and they'll pretend to be pirates, like they used to do 5 years prior.

• i would rather have the waits from telltale

And wait 4 months just like TFTB? No thanks xD But seriously, I like the way DONTNOD is working, even with the delay we still have some news about the release date. They can find a way to fix it, so the next episodes wont leak. I prefer the way they are doing it;

Jewfreeus posted: »

life is strange is basically done it is just in a very buggy state from what i am hearing but it is done, playable and in the game files, wi

• Oh it definitely would be. Though, unless Chloe hung out with Rachel there, it might no be in a good condition... oh well, they can just build a new one.

That would be awesome.

• I don't think they would, I think Chloe would keep that to just Max and her...Like...A special place, a tucked away memory.

Oh it definitely would be. Though, unless Chloe hung out with Rachel there, it might no be in a good condition... oh well, they can just build a new one.

• Mmm, you're probably right, and I bet Chloe and Rachel must have had a special place as well.

As for the pirate fort, I think there is at least a chance we'll go there. Why bother making kind oc a big deal about it if we don't.

I don't think they would, I think Chloe would keep that to just Max and her...Like...A special place, a tucked away memory.

• Agreed.

Mmm, you're probably right, and I bet Chloe and Rachel must have had a special place as well. As for the pirate fort, I think there is at least a chance we'll go there. Why bother making kind oc a big deal about it if we don't.

• I gotta admit that the fact that it was marked on the map with a red skull and crossbones, kind of gives me a bad feeling. I know that those two things are usually used by pirates, but with Chloe track record (Nathan and the train), it just gives me a bad feeling.

Agreed.

• They marked it because it was their pirate tree fort. :P

I gotta admit that the fact that it was marked on the map with a red skull and crossbones, kind of gives me a bad feeling. I know that those

• I know, but don't skulls usually symbolize death? That's why it gives me a bad feeling.

They marked it because it was their pirate tree fort. :P

• But pirates.

I know, but don't skulls usually symbolize death? That's why it gives me a bad feeling.

• That to, and that was without a doubt their intention.
    Maybe I'm just looking for some symbolism when there is none.

But pirates.

• Arrrgh.

That to, and that was without a doubt their intention. Maybe I'm just looking for some symbolism when there is none.

• Ahoi captain.

Arrrgh.

• Yes first M80.

Ahoi captain.

• That Mark Jefferson be a creep, who deserve to walk the plank. D'you not agree me captain.

Yes first M80.

• I say we find out later mate, for now I must rest for the rest of ye' journey. Farewell.

That Mark Jefferson be a creep, who deserve to walk the plank. D'you not agree me captain.

• Aye aye me captain.

I say we find out later mate, for now I must rest for the rest of ye' journey. Farewell.

• edited March 2015

Yeah I agree with you. It seems like DONTNOD is an example of how rushing episodic gaming sometimes will not turn out good for you.

Jewfreeus posted: »

life is strange is basically done it is just in a very buggy state from what i am hearing but it is done, playable and in the game files, wi

• yeah, I'm new. Thank you c:

I see you are new. Welcome to the forum.

• edited March 2015

I was watching EP1 of Life Is Strange with commentary

but than everything changed!

Alt text

When titels and videos spoiled EP2 appeared...

• edited March 2015

I won't spoil anything

joshua007 posted: »

I was watching EP1 of Life Is Strange with commentary but than everything changed! When titels and videos spoiled EP2 appeared...

• edited March 2015

I don't think they rushed anything, they just wanted the players to have the best experience possible as you could understand while reading their reply about the episode 2 leak. And what ruins everything when you play an episodic game? Waiting for the next episode for months without even knowing an approximate release date of course. So It all started from a good idea: make all the episode before the release of the first episode so that we don't have to wait too long between each episode, you can't blame them for that. But their idea was ultimately ruined by those hackers, so if you want to camplain, if think you should complain about hackers, not about Dontnod's way of making the game.

Yeah I agree with you. It seems like DONTNOD is an example of how rushing episodic gaming sometimes will not turn out good for you.

• I love the theme music for Life is Strange. It just fits the atmosphere so perfectly. :)

Life is Strange

• I'm not really complaining TBH I don't really care.

I don't think they rushed anything, they just wanted the players to have the best experience possible as you could understand while reading

• Sure does. The music is one of the best things about the game.

I love the theme music for Life is Strange. It just fits the atmosphere so perfectly. Life is Strange

• So... not sure if this has been discussed in this thread already, and since I'm too much of a lazy bastard to go through all the pages, but,do you guys and girls think that the haiku on the tree stump at the end of episode 1 might be foreshadowing a future or maybe even the final choice of the season?

In case you don't remember, the haiku is: "Turn this way now or face the lonely autumn tree and never look back"

• mid-march has been confirmed by a dev in February when ep2 got leaked

It's March

• I expect we will get a release date with the next 2 weeks.

• There is a chance that we might get a new tailer or release window or at the very least a lot of new info tommorow, since they will have a panel at Pax East.

I expect we will get a release date with the next 2 weeks.

• edited March 2015

Well it seems Dontnod's panel at Pax East is over, and while they didn't give an exact date for episode 2, they once again confirmed that it is being released this month.

During the panel, they revealed some concept art they showed to publishers, back when they were looking, probably back in 2013 when they began developing the game. They also revealed that they had over 100 different titles for the game, two of which were "Butterfly" and "What If".

They also talked about how they made the deal with Square Enix, and how they were the perfect publisher for the game, because they gave them total creative freedom over the game. Other publishers they pitched the game to wanted Dontnod to change Max's gender.
    I'm pretty sure they talked about this in the past.

(Very minor spoilers, since they don't specify what happens)

At the panel, they had a demo which showed some new locations, one of which is most likely Two Whales Diner, since it is one of E2's preview polaroids, and Max kept talking about it. It's also the place Chloe's mother, Joyce, works at. Max and Chloe go there and they talk about their relationship.

Apparently, during the panel they had the crowd take part in the demo, where they would shout which choice they should make.
    Apparently things got really chaotic with one choice. The choice? Oh man... this is the hardest choice of all time.
    You thought choices in Telltale's games were hard, wait until you get a load of this one.
    Bacon omelet or Belgian waffles.... holy shit (should I delete this from the post, it's not like it will affect the plot... unless Max has an heart attack because of the bacon)

And supposedly they had a demo for everyone to try out, but it ran very badly, like sub 10fps.

That is all I found from today, but there might be more info tommorow.
    My sources (they just have all the info I posted so don't worry about any spoilers):

Neogaf post:
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=154886302

Gamespot article:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-s-life-is-strange-considered-100-diffe/1100-6425742/

TL;DR: At least one preview polaroid is accurate (Two Whales Diner one), game ran like shit at Pax, picking between bacon omelets and waffles causes chaos in a crowd, Max and Chloe are in a romantic relationship confirmed (lol, nope), and it is being released this month.

• I'm glad they kept her a girl and the creative freedom to tell the story they want to tell. I would have chosen the Bacon Omlet, Max needs the extra calories to burn when using her powers.

Well it seems Dontnod's panel at Pax East is over, and while they didn't give an exact date for episode 2, they once again confirmed that it

• edited March 2015

Bacon omelet or Belgian waffles

Oh god.

Oh my god.

I can't decide.

That's worse than "Sit with Luke or Kenny" choice.

Please no.

;_;

Well it seems Dontnod's panel at Pax East is over, and while they didn't give an exact date for episode 2, they once again confirmed that it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.