Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Thank you, and it'll become more... Refined as we come to the first chapter. I'm glad you see potential, I hope I can deliver. :3

mr.quality posted: »

Great prologue, I like how you switch between different POV's this story already has a lot of potential.

• Somebody actually got it? Sweet!

mr.quality posted: »

Armored cars and tanks and jeeps and rigs of every size. Chicken coups, full of bears, choppers filled the skies. I got that reference. ..

• C.W. McCall 'convoy' if I'm not mistaken.

Somebody actually got it? Sweet!

• I was away, but damn...that's such a casual way to introduce the plague...I really liked it. I also enjoyed seeing these characters for the first time...I can't wait to see what happens with them next! Keep up the great work!!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Prologue: It’s a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood. It was a warm summer’s day. But it was nearly end of summer. The traffic of San Anton

• I'm glad you found it casual, that was my goal. :D

And thank you, I'm gonna try to keep a consistent... Descent. >:3

ComingSoon posted: »

I was away, but damn...that's such a casual way to introduce the plague...I really liked it. I also enjoyed seeing these characters for the first time...I can't wait to see what happens with them next! Keep up the great work!!

• I'm enjoying some of the southern slang, i've been to Kansas (Which is sort of like Texas right?) and they have some really interesting slang for words.. im glad you included some of that.. it gives more life to the story.

There's the prologue. I hope you liked it, but I would love some opinions on it.

• Really awesome job! :D

Prologue: It’s a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood. It was a warm summer’s day. But it was nearly end of summer. The traffic of San Anton

• edited February 2015

Thank you, I'm glad it gives the story more life. :)

#TeamSarah posted: »

I'm enjoying some of the southern slang, i've been to Kansas (Which is sort of like Texas right?) and they have some really interesting slang for words.. im glad you included some of that.. it gives more life to the story.

• Thankya. :)

Really awesome job!

• Whens the next part going to be out?? :D

• Hopefully some time tomorrow :D

but don't quote me on that... >.>

Whens the next part going to be out??

• Hopefully some time tomorrow :D

Hopefully some time tomorrow but don't quote me on that... >.>

• Oh god! I've been quoted D:

Hopefully some time tomorrow

• ;) MWAHHAHWAHWHAHAW

Oh god! I've been quoted

• Hey! I'll G.R.R.M people. >:3

MWAHHAHWAHWHAHAW

• no plls psl pls ;-;

Hey! I'll G.R.R.M people. >:3

• I have the power... >:3

Nah, I'm just kidding ^-^

OR AM I?! >:D

no plls psl pls ;-;

• screams

I have the power... >:3 Nah, I'm just kidding ^-^ OR AM I?! >:D

• o.o

Whens the next part going to be out??

• Hugs

It's okay, CS, it's okay... But people are going to die, beloved people.

screams

• I know ;-;

Hugs It's okay, CS, it's okay... But people are going to die, beloved people.

• Know it well. Know it well, my friend.

I know ;-;

• i can try but

but

Know it well. Know it well, my friend.

• Alt text

i can try but but

• lol he's so evil xD

But it's actually a really good writing tactic...literally no one is safe. It always keeps you on your toes.

• I know, that's why I'm gonna follow his lead. >:3

Evil laugh

lol he's so evil xD But it's actually a really good writing tactic...literally no one is safe. It always keeps you on your toes.

• edited February 2015

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I know, that's why I'm gonna follow his lead. >:3 Evil laugh

• mwahahha...? ;-; plsno

I know, that's why I'm gonna follow his lead. >:3 Evil laugh

• Hey, hey, hey... It'll be okay for a little while...

A little while...

mwahahha...? ;-; plsno

• A little while...

I feel like a little while means the first 2 sentences, after that everything will go to hell. This cannot be trusted.

Hey, hey, hey... It'll be okay for a little while... A little while...

• Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 1: Sentiment - Part 1.

Harvest Hills Community.

Her vision was blurring, but she knew the sound of a gunshot. As her vision cleared she stood up and looked down, looking at the dead woman. Her breaths became more quicker as she backed away from the Harper’s lawn. He spotted the delivery man throwing up in the flower bed. Her vision quickly turned to the man holding the gun, that kind of grumpy neighbor, that was him in the flesh. “Jerry, you fucking killed her!” Ashley yelled.

“That hell was I supposed to do??” The man identified as Jerry responded, having lowered the rifle, he stepped towards the dead body of Ms. Harper. “She could’ve killed some--” Jerry was cut off by Ashley immediately shorting back. “You the fucking killed her!”

Jerry’s patients seemed to waver on a thin line, a line about to be crossed. “It was a fuckin’ judgment call!” He shouted with anger. “If you don’t like it, you can shut up.” The fact the he had shot the old woman was clearly biting at him. He probably felt worse then herself. But what could be done. Ashley bit her lip and looked at the houses surrounding them, people were leaving their homes to learn what had happened. The pit of anger remained with her as she turned to faced Jerry Stewart . “Fuck you. I’m callin’ the police.”

“Go right ahead.” Jerry replied with annoyance in his voice, not anger. He seemed somewhat shaken by what had happened. But she ignored him and continued on her way.

Ashley walked but over to her house and grabbed the home phone, she dialed 9-1-1 and waited, “I’m sorry but your call could not be connected, please redial or try again later.” Ashley’s expression grew with worry and she ran back outside.

Ashley quickly turned to face Atlanta, who had just emerged from the Harper’s house. She had a shocked look on her face, but became even more shocked when she noticed the dead woman’s body, laying on the grass. “Shit…” Atlanta sighed. “We need to call the police--” She was stopped by Ashley who had just ran up to her. “The phones aren’t working.”

“W-what?” Atlanta questioned, her face growing even more scared as she looked over at the body from a far, then to the Jerry’s rifle. “C’mon, Ashley. Let me take you back you to our house and--”

“What the fuck!” Ashley shouted with her head lowered and tears now rolling down her face. “What was she, was she… Why are things… Spinning out of control.” She raised her head and faced Jerry. “I’m… i’m sorry, Jerry… For my outburst...” She quickly turned around and went back into Atlanta’s house.

Dean stood up from the flower bed, wiping away the vomit from his face and looked at the two who were left. “Ah… Jerry, Atlant--” He bent over the flower bed again and once again began throwing up onto the dark brown dirt.

Both Atlanta and Jerry turned their attention to the gathering group from around the neighborhood. Atlanta let out a sigh, pointing at the gate to the highway. “There’s more of them outside the gate, those things… Ms. Harper was one of them… She fuckin’ eating Mr. Harper… I need you to help me keep everyone safe. You’ve got a rifle and you got good aim. Please, I know it’s a big thing to ask of someone… But--” Jerry spoke up. “I got it, I’ll kill them before they get near anyone.” He began walking to the gate to get into a good place to shoot. He stopped and looked back. “We’ll have a talk about the state of affairs… Later.” He turned to face the front gate and continued on his way.

Atlanta looked down at Dean, who had just now stopped vomiting. “Hello…” She focused on the nametag. “--Dean, are you okay?” She asked, with a kind and affectionate tone.

“I’m… I’m okay, but the fuckin’ smell… What was in the house? What the fuck made the smell??” Dean asked, an unnerved expression on his face.

“One of the residents of the house… Mr. Harper, he was dead… With Ms. Harper… Eating him…” She bit her own lip, she wasn’t sure what to make if it herself.

“Oh… God…” Dean muttered before bending down into the flower bed again, but his stomach was empty, so he only gagged for a about minute.

They were leaving, most of the Harvest Hills residents were leaving, but a few house’s doors never even opened, maybe they were too scared to leave their homes, maybe they shared the same fate as the Harpers. But soon a line of cars were waiting at the gate. About 20 cars waited to leave the community. Becoming more impatient as time past, a few started yelling. “Open the gate already!” One cried. Some remained completely silent, patiently sitting in their cars.

The power was out, the gates were closed without a way to bring them back to life. But Dean was at the gate now, fiddling with the controls and trying to get the gate to open manually. Now pretty much over the vomiting. Jerry stood on the wall with his rifle, he’d take a shot whenever one of THEM got too close, but right outside the gate was the highway, cars still zoomed past, but in the distance he could see pileups. It seemed to be taking it’s toll on Jerry, whether he was growing tired or being overwhelmed by what was happening, he still remained on watch killing the walking corpses whenever he could. He seemed to be taking out aggression on the corpses.

Dean ultimately removed the lock and the gate slid open as he pushed it. And soon the line of cars left the safety of the community, but on the other side of the gate, a car pulled up. Dean choked his head to look at the man driving into the community, He waited until there were no more cars leaving and gestured for the driver to enter through the exit.

He could make out two faces, a man driving, and a woman sitting in the passenger’s seat. They both had dark brown hair, everything else was seemingly unnoticeable, due to the sun shining onto the cars windshield. But the car pulled up through the gate and stopped just inside. Dean began taking precautions to keep the gate shut and soon walked to the driver’s side window to speak with the man. The man in the car had lowered his window and gave Dean a half-hearted smile. “Um, hi.” The man said, awkwardly.

Dean nodded. “Hello, I don’t mean to sound rude… But why are you here?” He asked, now waited for an answer. Both the man and the woman scared similar features, the dark brown hair, the fair skin. The man was well shaven. Both were dressed nicely.

“We’re here to see our parents… We haven’t been on speaking terms, but with what’s happening… We’re here to make sure their okay. Oh, sorry. I’m Anthony, this is Josephine. Last name’s Harper.” Anthony answered, giving a smile that seemed genuine.

Dean stood next to the car, silent, for a few seconds. “H-Harper?” Dean repeated, with a somewhat shocked expression.

“Yes, Harper.” Anthony repeated it himself.

I-I… I’m sorry, I’ve got bad news for you…” Dean stated. As Anthony stared at Dean, waiting for what he had to say.

Anthony stood on the Harper’s lawn with the car parked across the street. His sister, Josephine, walking inside with Atlanta. He looked down at the corpse of his mother. A frown, seemingly permanent, on his face. He looked down at the splattered blood on the grass, the bits of flesh on the mouth of his mother. She was shot through the head, he looked back at the man standing on the wall, he held a rifle. But Anthony couldn’t blame the man for shooting her, he would’ve done the same, and after seeing what the walking corpses could do… Ripping people apart, eating them. He was glad he didn’t have to see his mother doing that. He entered the house and soon come back out with a white sheet, he lay the sheet next to her and grabbed a pair gloves from his car. He rolled the body onto the white sheet, then folded it over. He picked her up and sat her on the living room floor. And soon come down from up stairs with the body of his father. He laid them next to each other and stood there, looking at the two ghosts, hiding under the sheet.

He began crying, tears rolling down his face, these people were not nice, they were awful parents, they treated his sister poorly. Anthony thought to himself. They were a rich and cold family, hell bent on alienating his sister, and even himself. 8 years ago he moved away from this cold family, but he left his sister behind to deal with these people. He keep in contact, but he still left her with a cold family who barely ever expressed love to them. But he left that behind, but he left one of the only people he truly cared about behind. And to what? Study to become a doctor? And now, here he was, once sister moved out he took it upon himself to take good care of her, to try to make up for those years he had abandoned her.

And all he could think about? All he could think about was what he did now. The world was seemingly falling apart around him and his sister. And now it was time to let go of this regretful past. It was time to finish here and move on.

[Bury his parents.]

[Abandon the house.]

• [Bury his parents]

Great chapter!

Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 1: Sentiment - Part 1. Harvest Hills Community. Her vision was blurring, but she knew the sound of a

• [Abandon the house]

Intense chapter....

Act 1: Gateway Dream - Chapter 1: Sentiment - Part 1. Harvest Hills Community. Her vision was blurring, but she knew the sound of a

• edited February 2015

[Abandon the house]

Errrgh I don't know! :(

Why do you do this to me?

• I'm so nervous rn.

;-;

• [Bury his parents.]

There be diseases in that crap.

• [Bury his parents.]

Awesome Part!!!

• Oh yiss, good to see my people in this :D

[Bury his parents.]

Even though I know how horrible the Harpers have been, I think they still deserve some sort of burial.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.