Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Oh I hope episode 2's delay isn't as bad as TFTB's delay.
    Hopefully the delay will be good for the game, like maybe they could add things into the game that weren't in the leaked version or maybe fjx the lip synching issues.

Though, the fact that they didn't even bother to give a new release window has me worried.

TheCatWolf posted: »

I thought that as well... maybe? I just hope it doesn't take too long. I've had enough with TFTB delay

• I bet it has to do with the leak... -_-

MichaelBP posted: »

Who knows except SE and Dontnod. The SE representative didn't give a reason why or even a new release window. Would it really take more than 6 weeks to fix a bunch of graphical bugs? Maybe I'm underestimating how long it takes to fix them.

• Delayed because they are rewriting it guaranteed or they are trying to find a way to stop the leaks.

• Goddamn hackers.

• edited February 2015

It probably does :/
    Damn hackers, ruining everything for us.
    It was bad enough that they leaked thee entire game, causing morale to go down at Dontnod, but now all the episodes have been delayed.

I bet it has to do with the leak... -_-

• I'm leaning more towards the former. I'm sure if this was just to fix some bugs or glitches, they would've given a new release window.
    The big question is, will the delay be as bad as it was for the second episode of TFTB and TWOA? (it seems there is a curse for the second episode of these episodic games)

Delayed because they are rewriting it guaranteed or they are trying to find a way to stop the leaks.

• Episode 2 delayed? God damn it! I hope it won't be for long. Its hard enough waiting for Telltale episodes without this as well.

• edited February 2015

Mmm... maybe the delay was a decision made by Square Enix?

I was lurking around NeoGaf (my go to site for gaming related news) and apparently SE's president, Yosuke Matsuda, was in France this or last week, and he payed Dontnod a visit. Apparently SE is happy with episode 1's reception and sales, so maybe they are giving Dontnod some extra time to polish the game up, in order for it to be as good as it possibly can.
    So, maybe they aren't making changes to the story, or at least they aren't making significant changes.

Anyway, we should hear more about episode 2 next week, I think, at Pax East, where Dontnod will be holding a panel.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Apparently it's only a rumour according to this tweet

There have been rumours of Ep2 delay but development is on track and we're looking to release it before the end of March.

— Life Is Strange (@LifeIsStrange) February 27, 2015

It looks like it still might release in March but later in the month.

MichaelBP posted: »

Mmm... maybe the delay was a decision made by Square Enix? I was lurking around NeoGaf (my go to site for gaming related news) and appare

• Well that's good to know. I guess this delay is just some last minute bug extermination.

OzzyUK posted: »

Apparently it's only a rumour according to this tweet There have been rumours of Ep2 delay but development is on track and we're looking

• edited February 2015

Ahh ok. See we overreacted.

• Its delayed? Are you cereal? Thats hella disappointing. Sad face.

• Since we're all pissed that Episode 2 is being delayed, let us all enjoy Max's guitar cover of José González's Crosses.

Crosses

• I repeat, Episode 2 isn't being delayed. IT ISN'T.

The episode is fully playable with little to no graphical errors and the release will be mid-March or a week later.

• Would you guys recommend this. I think its interesting but I heard the voice acting and lip syncing looks really bad and usually things like that drive me straight out of a narrative based game

• I would say buy the first episode and try it for yourself or watch a Let's Play. I'm not that huge of a fan, but everyone's experience is different.

Poogers555 posted: »

Would you guys recommend this. I think its interesting but I heard the voice acting and lip syncing looks really bad and usually things like that drive me straight out of a narrative based game

• I recommend this 100%, however it's not for everyone.

The first episode is only five dollars, not a big deal to try it out.

Would you guys recommend this. I think its interesting but I heard the voice acting and lip syncing looks really bad and usually things like that drive me straight out of a narrative based game

• I'd recommend watching a Let's Play or just buying the first episode, its only $5. Its an interesting story IMO but it hasn't really done anything to get me interested like any Telltale game has.

• edited February 2015

It's alright...I guess

• The voice acting isn't bad at all. The lipsynching is pretty bad though, but I would recommend the game. It's my favorite game so far this year.

• okay this game is a straight up copy of "Riley Rewind."

riley rewind was a web series about an older teen that can reverse time. in fact, she goes back in time to save someone's life...
    ...sound familiar?

• I've seen it, great webshow.

However it isn't an exact copy, there's many different things. Even in the series she didn't get the power when the girl died, she knew she had it for a long time and there are MANY MANY differences. That series didn't invent time travel, there is no copy, it's called a genre.

jules_v_g posted: »

okay this game is a straight up copy of "Riley Rewind." riley rewind was a web series about an older teen that can reverse time. in fact, she goes back in time to save someone's life... ...sound familiar?

• Eh, I'd say some of the voice acting gets pretty close bad.

The voice acting isn't bad at all. The lipsynching is pretty bad though, but I would recommend the game. It's my favorite game so far this year.

• I don't think they were accusing the writers of copying time traveling from the webshow, they were just saying the overall story was a copy.

I've seen it, great webshow. However it isn't an exact copy, there's many different things. Even in the series she didn't get the power w

• Which is still pretty much the same thing. It also isn't like I stated above.

I don't think they were accusing the writers of copying time traveling from the webshow, they were just saying the overall story was a copy.

• I never saw the webshow so I can't comment if the story is a copy or not but you said -

That series didn't invent time travel, there is no copy, it's called a genre

The comment author wasn't accusing them of copying just time travel from the webshow,

Which is still pretty much the same thing. It also isn't like I stated above.

• Although they said:

riley rewind was a web series about an older teen that can reverse time AND straight up copy

That's pretty much accusing them. :/

I never saw the webshow so I can't comment if the story is a copy or not but you said - That series didn't invent time travel, there i

• Even with the delay it's probably coming first or at the same time of TFTB :P

• I don't know what else to say lol, your previous comment is making it seem like the comment author is accusing the writers of just copying down time travel like its a patented thing when the comment author was just talking about the story as a whole.

Although they said: riley rewind was a web series about an older teen that can reverse time AND straight up copy That's pretty much accusing them.

• Is it any different?

He's accusing them of copying their story of time travel when their story isn't even this one. He's still accusing them of copying it. :P

I don't know what else to say lol, your previous comment is making it seem like the comment author is accusing the writers of just copying down time travel like its a patented thing when the comment author was just talking about the story as a whole.

• He's accusing them of copying their story of time travel when their story isn't even this one. He's still accusing them of copying it. :P

...im a girl

Is it any different? He's accusing them of copying their story of time travel when their story isn't even this one. He's still accusing them of copying it. :P

• Okay guys, can you just give it a rest now? It doesn't matter.

Is it any different? He's accusing them of copying their story of time travel when their story isn't even this one. He's still accusing them of copying it. :P

• Damn, I always mess up genders over the Internet because we can't actually see the person or hear them or anything that would depict a gender. I'm sorry.

He's accusing them of copying their story of time travel when their story isn't even this one. He's still accusing them of copying it. :P ...im a girl

• There's nothing happening so...Sure, I guess.

Okay guys, can you just give it a rest now? It doesn't matter.

• Plus.....

err.... nevermind.

I CAN'T TALK ABOUT THIS GAME ANYMORE BECAUSE I MIGHT SPOIL ;-;

okay this game is a straight up copy of "Riley Rewind." riley rewind was a web series about an older teen that can reverse time. in fact, she goes back in time to save someone's life... ...sound familiar?

• If you make it without posting spoilers I will give you a gold star.

Plus..... err.... nevermind. I CAN'T TALK ABOUT THIS GAME ANYMORE BECAUSE I MIGHT SPOIL ;-;

• edited February 2015

Maybe writing at some points, but The actual voice acting is good I think

dojo32161 posted: »

Eh, I'd say some of the voice acting gets pretty close bad.

• Alt text

alriiight.

If you make it without posting spoilers I will give you a gold star.

• SPOILER AHEAD SPOILER !!!! WARNING

any-case I know that moderator on forum play Episode 2 and they don't want any more spoilers...

I can say simple say Episode 3 have a pool... I may know this or may not... is just prediction still there is pool in the game

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

and this is how you tell a spoiler... and still here is no spoil at all

Sign in to comment in this discussion.