Let's talk about the "Next Time" segment.

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited March 2015 in Tales from the Borderlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7M638sFvg

Can't wait to see Brick.

Also, here's the synopsis for episode 3 on the season pass.

"A new partner issues a race across Pandora for the next lead on the Gortys Project"

Comments

• Hmmm...

Brick confirmed

Athena's eyes are normal

Same shot of Tector and Jimbo that was shown in the original Episode 2 teaser

I have 3 Vallory theories-

1. She is/was Feilx's wife/flame

2. She's Fiona's mother

3. She's a random crime boss.

• I think she's the woman in the picture with Felix at his safe house, she's also August's boss.

Interesting that the preview mainly focuses on her and characters who weren't involved in the cliff-hanger - makes me think that they don't want to spoil who lives/dies... :/

Hmmm... Brick confirmed Athena's eyes are normal Same shot of Tector and Jimbo that was shown in the original Episode 2 teaser I

• NO

SPIT IT OUT NOBODY WILL DIE

Although I think Vallory is Fiona and Sasha's mommy

I think she's the woman in the picture with Felix at his safe house, she's also August's boss. Interesting that the preview mainly focuse

• It's three.

Hmmm... Brick confirmed Athena's eyes are normal Same shot of Tector and Jimbo that was shown in the original Episode 2 teaser I

• edited March 2015

The woman at the end who ripped up the picture sounded to be in some sort of chains

• Its ok, they will Walking Dead Shoot Out it

I think she's the woman in the picture with Felix at his safe house, she's also August's boss. Interesting that the preview mainly focuse

• I think Felix might actually be Sasha and Fiona's real father and separated from Vallory (that's the woman's name right?) and they eventually got abandoned but he waited and made sure they were safe.

It make the line 'We are family Fiona. That will never change.' a lot more literal.

• I wonder who's getting their hand stabbed in the next episode. 8U; I feel silly if the answer is obvious and I missed it.
    (it has to be Rhys, though, come on Bioshock Infinite nod)

• Believe that's the sound of spurs hitting the ground.

Someguy12 posted: »

The woman at the end who ripped up the picture sounded to be in some sort of chains

• edited March 2015

Honestly, the "Next Time On" segment seemed a bit filler-ish to me. Maybe because it was a bit bland without Sasha, Rhys, Vaughn, Fiona or the Loader Bot, but that could also be chalked up to the intense cliff-hanger that TellTale has left for us.

My theory is that Vallory is the one who took the photo from the mirror. She's the one in the picture with Felix in their "safehouse" -- they used to be business partners back in the day, may have even been dating at some point. Anyway, romance subplot aside, something happened (heist gone wrong, someone got greedy, etc) that caused their relationship/partnership to sever forever. She became powerful while Felix went into hiding for the most part. She wanted revenge on Felix. She recognized him in the picture and ripped him out of it in rage. And now she is going to get her revenge -- on Sasha and Fiona.

That's at least my theory. I could get behind the "she's their mother theory", but I'm banking moreso on the dead parent cliche for the girls. Either way, I'm super psyched to see how the next episode will play out.

• Why would there be any hand stabbing to begin with? I've missed something?

fayescarlet posted: »

I wonder who's getting their hand stabbed in the next episode. 8U; I feel silly if the answer is obvious and I missed it. (it has to be Rhys, though, come on Bioshock Infinite nod)

• It's on the episode slide for episode 3.

DeityD posted: »

Why would there be any hand stabbing to begin with? I've missed something?

• I wonder if athena will appear again the hollowpoint route made it seem like she'll be after them again

• edited March 2015

o_o

I def missed it. Like... wtf.

It's on the episode slide for episode 3.

• Oh, she'll appear again.

Both routes hint that she'll be going after you, especially if you steal her shield by choosing to go to Old Haven instead. Not to mention she does not look very happy in the "Next Time" segment.

zeke10 posted: »

I wonder if athena will appear again the hollowpoint route made it seem like she'll be after them again

• does she attack you in the old haven route?

Oh, she'll appear again. Both routes hint that she'll be going after you, especially if you steal her shield by choosing to go to Old Haven instead. Not to mention she does not look very happy in the "Next Time" segment.

• Yeah. It's the same exact events as the Point Hollow route, but Loader Boat doesn't save you. Instead, Fiona throws one of Felix's homemade grenades and you guys continue to run to Scooter's garage. From there, you meet Janey Spriggs from TPS and "normal" Athena (y'know, without the ominous red eyes) comes in and introduces herself.

Spriggs, who is Athena's girlfriend, is skeptic of her giving up bounty hunting as a career, despite claiming to be retired. The player can either call her out on hunting them down or pretend it was someone else after them. Also, before you leave to meet Rhys and Vaughn, there's an option to take Athena's shield for yourself.

does she attack you in the old haven route?

• Why wouldn't he tell Fiona and Sasha he was their father?

I think Felix might actually be Sasha and Fiona's real father and separated from Vallory (that's the woman's name right?) and they eventuall

• Oh so she's a bounty hunter now?

Yeah. It's the same exact events as the Point Hollow route, but Loader Boat doesn't save you. Instead, Fiona throws one of Felix's homemade

• Or so the game claims.

Oh so she's a bounty hunter now?

• Maybe he would think they hate him for abandoning them? I certainly would.

Maybe being around them would attract Vallory's attention, seeing how she is a crime lord.

It's allllll a theory.

Flog61 posted: »

Why wouldn't he tell Fiona and Sasha he was their father?

• so you say that.... this aaaaadorable lady is fiona's mommy?
    Alt text
    she's scary

Crips posted: »

NO SPIT IT OUT NOBODY WILL DIE Although I think Vallory is Fiona and Sasha's mommy

• Shits gonna get punched

• Instead of a baby you're gonna have to crawl to save Vaughn and carry him to cover xD

Poogers555 posted: »

Its ok, they will Walking Dead Shoot Out it

• I don't get why people think she's fiona and sasha's mom

sSOPHOo posted: »

so you say that.... this aaaaadorable lady is fiona's mommy? she's scary

• The ring on the woman's left hand when she tears up the photo looks like Lady Hammerlock's ring...? Just wondering...

• Yeah, a striking similiarity!

...Ok, maybe not their mom, but Felix's lover/wife at best.

sSOPHOo posted: »

so you say that.... this aaaaadorable lady is fiona's mommy? she's scary

• Nah, that's definitely Vallory.

Although meeting Aurelia would be interesting...

The ring on the woman's left hand when she tears up the photo looks like Lady Hammerlock's ring...? Just wondering...

• Is felix blind? I mean who would F*ck that thing?

Yeah, a striking similiarity! ...Ok, maybe not their mom, but Felix's lover/wife at best.

• Personality is the most important thing as they say...

Is felix blind? I mean who would F*ck that thing?

• still though. anyone able to upload the pic of ffelix and the girl?

Personality is the most important thing as they say...

• Yeah, I can't really find an actual reason for it to be Lady Hammerlock, but the ring just looks like hers - got me thinking, haha.

Nah, that's definitely Vallory. Although meeting Aurelia would be interesting...

• I think it's Vaughn.

fayescarlet posted: »

I wonder who's getting their hand stabbed in the next episode. 8U; I feel silly if the answer is obvious and I missed it. (it has to be Rhys, though, come on Bioshock Infinite nod)

• lady hammerlock would be offended if you mistook that thing for her

Yeah, I can't really find an actual reason for it to be Lady Hammerlock, but the ring just looks like hers - got me thinking, haha.

• Lady Hammerlock killed by Vallory confirmed

Yeah, I can't really find an actual reason for it to be Lady Hammerlock, but the ring just looks like hers - got me thinking, haha.

• Alt text

Lady Hammerlock killed by Vallory confirmed

• Cute she would by vals minions and have them dispose of this retched commoner

Lady Hammerlock killed by Vallory confirmed

• I guess we can try, though I figure 75% of the things seen in the segment won't even be in the episode.

Looking forward to seeing Brick though.

• I wonder if we'll finally see the tector and jimbo scene

• A lot of stuff from the Next Time segment for Ep. 2 didnt end up happening (yet) or were changed.
    The scene with Tector actually appears in both the preview for Ep 2 and 3 xD
    So I wonder if some of the stuff we saw in the old preview could appear in Ep 3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.