Atlas Mugged Discussion (THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN HERE - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!)

Comments

• Got to say. This is the best episode of any Telltale game I played so far (played TWD season 1, TWAU and the 2 episodes of TFTB)
    The start was not the greatest but it was cool to see that there might still be a few Atlas generals out there, who knows. I know they went bankrupt and Athena killed most if not all of them, but I still have hopes for a comeback. They surely do have a lot of weapons stored underground.
    All dialogues with Jack were spot on. He's probably my most favorite villain in any video game (even surpassing the Arkham series' Joker), and TTG made him even better.
    The BL1 love and nostalgia is amazing. Rakk Hive, Old Haven, Atlas drones... seeing all these things again is just pure fanservice.
    I feel like TTG knows their source material better than Gearbox.
    And even if youre not a fan of Borderlands.. the humor is absolutely fantastic. And while a lot of reviews mostly praise this game fo the humor, there are some seriously tense scenes. The final scene of this episode was EASILY the most intense moment from any TTG game I played.
    This is the first episode I will replay multiple times to see the outcome. Some choices change dialogue in a big way, even more than other TTG games do.
    Also, the music in the final scene was just brilliant. I cant stop thinking about the ending now, this cliffhanger got me so hooked xD

I know we had to wait a long time, but if you can keep up this quality, I dont mind any delays.

• Probably, but Jack knew about Vasquez's past and Nakayama didn't even mention Vasquez a single time while programming the AI.

So I wouldn't be too sure...I mean, all his memory is based around the times of TPS. Angel lived in TPS times, right?

Oh God, that's a horrifying thought considering that was the catalyst for the last time he went full-on crazy. With that TPS side mission

• Oh yeah, good point. If he knows random junk like who Vasquez is that definitely seems like his memory is pretty much intact - just not of his actual death.

Crips posted: »

Probably, but Jack knew about Vasquez's past and Nakayama didn't even mention Vasquez a single time while programming the AI. So I wouldn't be too sure...I mean, all his memory is based around the times of TPS. Angel lived in TPS times, right?

• edited March 2015

Thats what I was thinking!

Though im pretty sure this intro would be 90 % lamer without this particular song

How the hell can you top this??:

Alt text

I just keep replaying this because it was SO well done - I absolutely adored ep one's opening credits, but there's just something about this one...Telltale knocked it out of the park! Atlas Mugged Opening Credits

• I mean, all his memory is based around the times of TPS.

Nah that can't be. He said he brought "peace" to this shithole of a planet and that was definitely after TPS.

Probably, but Jack knew about Vasquez's past and Nakayama didn't even mention Vasquez a single time while programming the AI. So I wouldn't be too sure...I mean, all his memory is based around the times of TPS. Angel lived in TPS times, right?

• edited March 2015

Agreed. I'm also wondering how to hell are they gonna top this opening? :D

I just keep replaying this because it was SO well done - I absolutely adored ep one's opening credits, but there's just something about this one...Telltale knocked it out of the park! Atlas Mugged Opening Credits

• But Creepyyama improved handsome AI since we saw it in TPS, I'm sure this version knows almost everything Jack knew except for the death part.

Oh God, that's a horrifying thought considering that was the catalyst for the last time he went full-on crazy. With that TPS side mission

• They use genderless pronouns (e.g. 'I'm not a patient person' instead of man), and the VA could just be a placeholder because the voice is already so distorted (especially if it's a character from a prior Borderlands game and they don't want to let the cat out of the bag).

I'm pretty sure the guy is a him, otherwise they would have a female voice actor for the character.

• Some choices change dialogue in a big way, even more than other TTG games do

Yeah this is a good point. I have never enjoyed playing a TTG episode twice like this episode.

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

Got to say. This is the best episode of any Telltale game I played so far (played TWD season 1, TWAU and the 2 episodes of TFTB) The start

• Oh, there's no doubt the AI isn't vastly improved and after the events of TPS. But what if Jack had control over which memories he kept/actively kept things from Nakayama? I'm just riffing off him refusing to talk about his family in the TPS sidemission (actually as soon as I typed family I just remembered he talks about either his mother/grandmother in Tales - yeah, my memory 'blind spot' theory is quickly losing it's validity)...

DeityD posted: »

But Creepyyama improved handsome AI since we saw it in TPS, I'm sure this version knows almost everything Jack knew except for the death part.

• Ok were there any determinants that werent obvious?

Dapnee posted: »

The only reaction you have toward the "cabinet" Pollux is stuffed in is Fiona stating there's someone in there. The whole thing was leading

• The only reaction you have toward the "cabinet" Pollux is stuffed in is Fiona stating there's someone in there. The whole thing was leading to the morbid joke about how you took a sleeping man's eyes out of his head, if you saved him before hand, the joke wouldn't of held over.

Lord_EAA posted: »

I meant BEFORE

• Yeah, I picked up on the whole thing when Vasquez decked me. Which I kind of enjoy Jack appearing like that, because he seems to not know what's going on until he shows up. Him calling me out on my terrible decisions was great.

Also, guys, I noticed something. HJ seems to appear only when Rhys is damaged to the head. When he falls off on his head under the arena, after the caravan crash, after Vasquez hits you etc. What do you think?

• Okay, I just played this and this is probably one of my favourite episodes of any Telltale game to date. I was actually very upset when it ended cause I was so into it. It took its sweet time coming but I see now it was worth every second of waiting.

• Alt text

bros

• It's kinda funny how we all were freaking out about Jack VIOLENTLY POSSESSING RHYS and it all ended up with Jack ASKING for permission to use Rhys' subsystems.

• Well the fact that he CAN take control over Rhys is important. It opens up the chance that Jack will come back through Rhys somehow, maybe even in the next main Borderlands game (Gearbox already said that this is 100% cannon).
    Also... Jack doesnt give a damn about Fiona, Sasha or Vaughn.
    He only cares about Rhys cause the Handsome AI is inside of him.
    And its looking like Jack does some really risky move that could get Vaughn and/or Sasha killed. I doubt that they will, but its possible.

It's kinda funny how we all were freaking out about Jack VIOLENTLY POSSESSING RHYS and it all ended up with Jack ASKING for permission to use Rhys' subsystems.

• I'm not even sure they thought it through when they were making that mission in TPS. Because if we're talking seriously here, HJ should've transfered his memories like for cereal and not just by answering a couple of questions. Otherwise we should've got the same funny AI from TPS and not what we have in TftB which remembers a lot of stuff like taking over Pandora or mocking Wallethead.

Oh, there's no doubt the AI isn't vastly improved and after the events of TPS. But what if Jack had control over which memories he kept/acti

• I love your picture! :D

Alt text

It's kinda funny how we all were freaking out about Jack VIOLENTLY POSSESSING RHYS and it all ended up with Jack ASKING for permission to use Rhys' subsystems.

• I think we're just supposed to assume that the TPS version was a very rough draft and that the technology has improved dramatically in the time since then. Considering it was a tie-in mission though, it certainly raised more questions than answers.

Also could you imagine if it had just been that dodgy TPS one? They hype up the big return of Handsome Jack, but all he's capable of is sprouting random catchphrases and asking people to touch his abs. That would have been the greatest troll ever!

DeityD posted: »

I'm not even sure they thought it through when they were making that mission in TPS. Because if we're talking seriously here, HJ should've t

• edited March 2015

Thanks, bro, I love yours too!
    We're picture bros, bro!
    Alt text

SoMuchSass posted: »

I love your picture!

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited March 2015

I enjoyed every second of the ep but it felt too short .Wasnt worth the wait . Please don't make this a habit Telltale...

Alt text

• Also could you imagine if it had just been that dodgy TPS one? They hype up the big return of Handsome Jack, but all he's capable of is sprouting random catchphrases and asking people to touch his abs. That would have been the greatest troll ever!

That actually exactly what I thought while playing. xD That thing was already so cute, I laughed my ass off when Jack asked him to repeat what he says and that dork was just "NOPE".

I think we're just supposed to assume that the TPS version was a very rough draft and that the technology has improved dramatically in the

• Alt textAlt text BTW best scene ever

• Seems the tector and jimbo scene will be in the next episode and whats wrong with athena

• I wish falling in real life was that damn graceful and majestic...

• It was gory enough for me. The 'arm' and 'needle and thread' incidents got me emotional. The maggots? Meh. Eyeball? You've done it. I was jittering all over at my keyboard, thinking "I don't want to, daddy please". I will never go through that scene in relative comfort.

When I saw Athena without her helmet on, I was like:

Link format, b/c might be NSFW

Alt text And then I was like "Just gonna lie down and think happy thoughts when I go to sleep..." sniff

• Yeey brofist, bro! :D

Thanks, bro, I love yours too! We're picture bros, bro!

• Is the wallethead conversation determinant?

• (quietly waiting for someone with Fiona avatar to nail it with BROBROBRO comment)

SoMuchSass posted: »

Yeey brofist, bro!

• I burst it.

Sasha is Rhys' girl.

Until she inevitably betrays him like August.

I did the same - I wanted to burst his bubble and he was still smitten! I felt so horrible...

• The Scooter part had me absolutely dying. His face. XDDDD

Yeah, I got that moment too and straight away I thought, Rhysha confirmed! In saying that though, it's only one-sided so far... Actually

• Episode was worth the wait. Choked on my coffee when I heard Lee & Bigby duo. Loved the soundtrack.

• Alt text

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Okay, so I'm going to note my favorite highlights of the episode by gifs [all in order...I think] and you gotta guess what moments I'm refer

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

I got my shoe, but when I was in the weird Gortys space room I saw him without it.

Also, if you scan Fiona before getting the shoe and after, the echo box changes to reflect the absence of the boot, now there is 'one adult male eye'

Dapnee posted: »

How many of you got your shoe back (cause I did )

• I really hope the dirt you have on Vasquez' past is something you can choose to say later. I like to gloat or otherwise spit in the face of my rival/enemy when I'm a safe distance away or about to win. I know from episode 1 that he'll punch you to shut you up if you get cocky, and I've already been laid out by the guy once.

• Alt textHe outlive his father.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Rusting alone in obsolescence as it outlives everyone it loves. Aaaaaw, that is so sad! I hope Loader Bot finds his Eva now ;_; come

• edited March 2015

Rusting alone in obsolescence as it outlives everyone it loves.

Aaaaaw, that is so sad! I hope Loader Bot finds his Eva now ;_; come on Telltale, let him meet an Eva and make a robot happy!

And the ending of this movie made me cry so much you have no idea!

dojo32161 posted: »

Loader Bot has the best goddamn scan.

• I think she is exaggerating. If you have Rhys go toOld Haven without Fiona, Fiona runs into Janey Springs and during that scene Athena has her regular eyes.

GP = Gortys Project = something to do with a vault? Athena's problem = conjunctivitis/eye infection? (but seriously, I have no idea. I th

• Athena is an established character and her hatred of Atlas is explained in the general Knox dlc in the first borderlands.

Omid's cat posted: »

I know GP has something to do with a vault, but I don't understand the purpose of factory, what was going on in final scenes. I believe it'l

Sign in to comment in this discussion.