Is this game better than Game of Thrones?

I haven't played Tales from the Borderlands or Game of Thrones. I'm trying to decide which one to play. Which is better?

Comments

• IMO no, but they're both fantastic. Though right now I'd suggest getting GoT since the 3rd episode is looking to show up in a few weeks, but definitely get TFTBL later.

• It's all a matter of opinion but they're both great and you should play both.

• edited March 2015

I'd say I prefer Tales From the Borderlands, but you NEED to play both.

• Depends on what you want from your game.

I haven't played Game of Thrones, but I've heard the TV show is a very brutal and dramatic story, so I expect the game to be the same way. Tales from the Borderlands, however, is more of a light-hearted story (although it definitely has some serious moments), and you'll be laughing a lot in that.

So if you want a brutal and dramatic story, go for Game of Thrones.

If you want a light-hearted story that'll make you laugh, go for Tales from the Borderlands.

The choice is yours.

• edited March 2015

And how the hell would anyone define which is better or worse? Only you yourself can tell after watching or playing, because different folks different strokes and all that.

I'd pick TftB anytime over any other TT game (except for TWAU... maybe). I didn't even bother to play GOT myself and only watched it on youtube because I personally don't find the game that interesting at all. Just watch first... I dunno, 20-30 minutes of both - you'll get a picture of what you'll getting yourself into. TftB is all about fun and madness in a mix of a future / wild west setting, GOT is all about violence, intrigues, and death of the characters you'll care about in medieval setting. What suits you better only you can tell.

• I haven't played Game of Thrones (GoT in general just doesn't interest me at all), so I really have no idea how the quality is on that one.

I can, however, say that Tales from the Borderlands is so far my favorite Telltale game to date. Few games can make me laugh out loud as often as this one, all the characters are interesting and lovable (even the bad guys!), and the plot is really engaging so far as well. After playing games like TWD and TWAU, Tales is such a breath of fresh air. If you want something that's not only great, but also hilarious, I'd say go with Tales.

• edited March 2015

Yes Tales from the Borderlands is way better but in fairness I think that is because Telltale has way more freedom to play around with the borderlands universe than they do Game of Thrones

with Tales it feels like Telltale was not only telling a story but also adding lot to the borderlands world by flushing out the the characters and setting that the other games take place in.

They made Pandora feel like a real place rather than the shooting gallery that it is in the previous games

With game of thrones Telltale is just telling a small side story to an already complex and fully realized world

in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really add anything to the world or the main story

• I dunno, but to me it seems like Borderlands was always meant to become a Telltale game. Not only do they handle previous character great, but they've also made great new ones. Also, their comic book style doesn't really fit the gritty GoT world, where as it's perfect for Borderlands.

• edited March 2015

To be fair, events of the TftB won't add that much either. At least not significantly because Marcus said in the beginning that "history will remember pirates like HJ but won't care for people who risked it all for less obvious reward." They're not that important to the universe. I guess so at least. That makes characters from TftB and GOT kinda even, they're like some middle-class. :) Important enough to tell a story about them, but that's all about it.

TommyW posted: »

Yes Tales from the Borderlands is way better but in fairness I think that is because Telltale has way more freedom to play around with the b

• It is a matter of opinion like TeamKennyW00T said. My current favorite is Tales from the Borderlands, but I love both games.

Game of Thrones is a dark and brutal game, full of drama and intrigue. We are following characters from the same family who each have their storyline. The strength of the game in my opinion, is the dark setting forces the player to make a choice that will have an effect on the other characters. Also, another strength is the relationship between the characters. While dealing with the circumstances that has been forced upon them by events out of their control, they draw strength from each other and standing together as a family. these moments are genuinely heartwarming, makes you feel connected to the characters.

Tales from the Borderlands is a setting full of comedy and over-the-top actions. It is a setting full of psychos, dangers and robots. Try to imagine a western setting fused together with more craziness. Don't think that means it is a positive setting. If you look pass the comedy and look deeper into the setting, it is quite dark and in some cases unsettling. But the game handles it in such a way that you can't help but laugh at it. This game is more about adventure and comedy rather than drama (Although there are some drama.) You don't need to play Borderlands 1, 2 and Pre-Sequel in order to know the story. In fact, one of the protagonist is just as clueless.

So, yeah. I am recommending both games if you want a great story. :)

• IMO tales from the borderlands is way more epic and action packed and game of thrones is about making though decisions on the spot. I would go with borderlands thou

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

IMO no, but they're both fantastic. Though right now I'd suggest getting GoT since the 3rd episode is looking to show up in a few weeks, but definitely get TFTBL later.

• Hard to say, but I can grantee you that they are both on the same level of awesomeness.

• GoT has a lot more feels, but I have so much more fun playing Borderlands, they are both very good games, but for me tftb is the better game

• Personally I like Tales from the Borderlands much more. GoT is great but I'm not that hyped to play it.

• edited March 2015

Oh, Tales is definitely important! Before Tales came out, Telltale released a behind the scenes video about it. During it, Gearbox said it would significantly effect the future of Borderlands. Here, at the 2:22 mark of the video. :D

DeityD posted: »

To be fair, events of the TftB won't add that much either. At least not significantly because Marcus said in the beginning that "history wil

• edited March 2015

story wise TftB may not add much but in terms of world building and character development it added a whole lot to this franchise and forever changed the way I see the boarderlands universe

unlike game of thrones boarderlands didn't have a fully developed world and story that they could just set a video game in

I feel like I know more about about Hyperion and the people who inhabit it in these two episodes than I did playing the other 3 borderlands games

DeityD posted: »

To be fair, events of the TftB won't add that much either. At least not significantly because Marcus said in the beginning that "history wil

• edited March 2015

I personally prefer tftb so far.

• I don't think you can compare these two games because they are two totally different styles and tones. I feel much less pressure on me as a player when going through Borderlands because it is meant to be more light in it's story and humor than GOT. I look forward to episodes of Borderlands for the laughs that will come with it and I can just coast through without worrying too much about the decisions i'm making. I look forward to GOT episodes for the story and to see how the decisions I make affect the characters in the story, which is more emotive.

Play both anyway, both have produced strong episodes so far!

• edited March 2015

Alt text

Eh, I guess will see... soon.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Oh, Tales is definitely important! Before Tales came out, Telltale released a behind the scenes video about it. During it, Gearbox said it would significantly effect the future of Borderlands. Here, at the 2:22 mark of the video.

• I think TFTB is better than the walking dead so far.

• What does this picture have to do with anything, lmao

• Hey, it made you lmao so you know...

Alt text

What does this picture have to do with anything, lmao

• edited March 2015

Game of Thrones is miles better IMO. I'm very invested in the story and characters whereas I just see Tales something to enjoy every now and then, but nothing to really remember.

Though its a matter of opinion and interests (and this is a rather biased place to post this topic BTW), I personally don't think it is better. Get both when you get the chance though.

• I wouldn't say that. Telltale is doing an excellent job of capturing Game of Thrones (minus the sex and nudity) and its a great fit for their kind of games.

I dunno, but to me it seems like Borderlands was always meant to become a Telltale game. Not only do they handle previous character great, b

• GoT episode one killed off one of my favorite playable protagonists in the first episode (not saying who in case you don't want spoilers), so m interest in it plummeted to zero. 8U That said, though, from what I've seen on Let's Plays, the story is rather dramatic and tense and intriguing.

Tales on the other hand is a bit more light-hearted and funny, with some crude humor and black humor, in proper Borderlands fashion. It depends on your own tastes, dude.

• I heard that dragons were going to appear in episode 3, sounds like that's going to be the highlight of the episode so far.

IMO no, but they're both fantastic. Though right now I'd suggest getting GoT since the 3rd episode is looking to show up in a few weeks, but definitely get TFTBL later.

• I'd argue that TFTB is better. It doesn't have the same amount of drama as GoT, but it's both extremely funny and is more 'important'. I mean important in the sense it will have a greater impact on the Borderlands universe and story then the Game of Thrones one can.

Though if we somehow get the chance to hit Ramsay Snow, I might change my mind.

• It doesn't have the same amount of drama as GoT,

Um really...? Borderlands is a comedic game whereas as Game of Thrones is a dramatic, medieval political story...

TheQuebecer posted: »

I'd argue that TFTB is better. It doesn't have the same amount of drama as GoT, but it's both extremely funny and is more 'important'. I mea

• Because that's all that's been shown about the episode so far? Episode 3 will probably have much more than "just dragons."

J-Master posted: »

I heard that dragons were going to appear in episode 3, sounds like that's going to be the highlight of the episode so far.

• edited March 2015

I don't mean to say it's going to be crappy or that's all it's going to be about, it's just an aspect to get excited about. :/

Because that's all that's been shown about the episode so far? Episode 3 will probably have much more than "just dragons."

• edited March 2015

Yes shockingly. I admit I originally overlooked TFTB, but it is proving to be one if not the best telltale series of all time. Definetly better than the walking dead and Game of thrones. Game Of Thrones (the game) has been really boring and slow with almost no action and I still haven't played episode 2 because I have very little interest. . Where as with TFTB it has been an action roller coaster from the start and hella funny and I can't wait till the next installment :).

• At this moment I would say “yes”, but not by much. I think that TT is doing a better job in the story-choices in TftBL then they are doing with GoT. Until this point, your choices in GoT clearly have no effect at all, but in TftBL they are keeping the illusion that they have. So, IMO, TT is doing a better job with it.

In terms of story, it depends on what you prefer. GoT is a drama and TftBL is an adventure/comedy (very well written, by the way). I like both :P

• Aww, come on. Play it, episode 2 is great! Way better that the first one IMO.

Yes shockingly. I admit I originally overlooked TFTB, but it is proving to be one if not the best telltale series of all time. Definetly be

• Why do you always say "8U" in your comments?

fayescarlet posted: »

GoT episode one killed off one of my favorite playable protagonists in the first episode (not saying who in case you don't want spoilers), s

• Game of Thrones isn't all about action. There's a lot of dialogue that's interesting if you care enough about the characters and story. It has some of the best dialogues I've ever seen.

Yes shockingly. I admit I originally overlooked TFTB, but it is proving to be one if not the best telltale series of all time. Definetly be

• In my opinion, Tales out does GoT by a lot. Both are great though.

• It's an emoticon I use to express various emotions. Sorta like the "glasses" version of :v, since that's pretty much how I feel in real life, eheh...

Why do you always say "8U" in your comments?

• Well, I think it is. Not by much though.

• edited March 2015

Get Tales because its on sale on Steam at the moment, and then buy GoT when it goes on sale when Episode 3 comes out. It has to go on sale at least once when a new episode launches.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.